Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here dealt with hip pinch or hip pain at the bottom of the squat? I also get it when setting up on bench with an arch. I've been working around it for the last couple weeks by doing bench with my feet up and high box squats. I don't have any pain doing those, but I still don't think I could do a normal squat or bench workout without aggravating it.

Hell yeah. Were you able to practice any throws?
Yep, o goshi, tano otoshi, and then a turnover into mune gatame. Managed to pull off an o goshi in randori too, which was satisfying.

So I think I'm going to coach a 5-7 year old soccer team. This should be fun.

So I think I'm going to coach a 5-7 year old soccer team. This should be fun.

I was the assistant coach for 3 years for 4-6 year olds at Tball. I'm head coach next year. It's pretty fun honestly.

Did anyone notice that the coach in the mighty ducks is Gordon Bombay, which is 2 brands of gin, and he is coaching the team bc he was done drink driving??? o_O

Has anyone here dealt with hip pinch or hip pain at the bottom of the squat? I also get it when setting up on bench with an arch. I've been working around it for the last couple weeks by doing bench with my feet up and high box squats. I don't have any pain doing those, but I still don't think I could do a normal squat or bench workout without aggravating it.

It could be due to the wear and tear from lifting or the lack of mobility or perhaps a combination of both.

Personally, I stretch the crap out of my hips with a combination of dynamic and static stretches before and after a squat/snatch/clean session to keep the gears constantly greased, figuratively speaking. My favorite stretch is the one where I squat down ATG with a wide stance with the toes pointed out, and I apply pressure on the inside of the knees with my elbows to spread the hips apart.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you should look into using HGH. A weightlifter buddy of mine had a similar problem in the hips, so he took time off from training and did a short cycle of Somatropin with like 6-8 IU's a day as well as BPC-157. Fucker came back to training 3 months later and proceeded to break all of his PRs in the snatch, C&J, and the squats. Dude is like 30 lbs lighter than me but out-totals me by at least 50 kgs. Modern medicine is amazing.

+1 on the throws are fun comment. I hit a Seoi Nage yesterday at BJJ. 1st time ever. Of course I got hip tossed later also.

Good luck with coaching the kids. I coached my daughters soccer teams for several years until they were about 8 & then they moved on to someone who knew what they were doing. Good times.

And here I am, reading an article featured on the front page of Reddit about a paralyzed man who was able to regain his upper body movement through stem cell treatment.

It could be due to the wear and tear from lifting or the lack of mobility or perhaps a combination of both.

Personally, I stretch the crap out of my hips with a combination of dynamic and static stretches before and after a squat/snatch/clean session to keep the gears constantly greased, figuratively speaking. My favorite stretch is the one where I squat down ATG with a wide stance with the toes pointed out, and I apply pressure on the inside of the knees with my elbows to spread the hips apart.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you should look into using HGH. A weightlifter buddy of mine had a similar problem in the hips, so he took time off from training and did a short cycle of Somatropin with like 6-8 IU's a day as well as BPC-157. Fucker came back to training 3 months later and proceeded to break all of his PRs in the snatch, C&J, and the squats. Dude is like 30 lbs lighter than me but out-totals me by at least 50 kgs. Modern medicine is amazing.

Thanks for the response. I'm starting to wonder if I did something to it during the oly lifts. I sometimes catch the bar funny at the bottom on the snatch, clean, or jerk. I've just never got good at them. I know I've had little tweaks in my wrist, elbow, knee, and calf from being so shitty at them lol.

I've actually been prescribed steroids by my doc for a calf strain and back strain to where I could barely walk or bend over. It was just a 7 day back and it healed me QUICK. We're talking within the first couple days where you take 6-7 pills each day. I haven't gone that route yet since it isn't really debilitating in normal, everyday life.

Last night I squatted warmup weight just to see how it felt. I got to 295 lbs x 6 and I felt it afterwards. I stopped there and went back to high box squats where I don't feel it at all. It's definitely getting better though. Before, there is no way I could have got down in the hole without feeling it on each rep.

Thanks for the response. I'm starting to wonder if I did something to it during the oly lifts. I sometimes catch the bar funny at the bottom on the snatch, clean, or jerk. I've just never got good at them. I know I've had little tweaks in my wrist, elbow, knee, and calf from being so shitty at them lol.

I've actually been prescribed steroids by my doc for a calf strain and back strain to where I could barely walk or bend over. It was just a 7 day back and it healed me QUICK. We're talking within the first couple days where you take 6-7 pills each day. I haven't gone that route yet since it isn't really debilitating in normal, everyday life.

Last night I squatted warmup weight just to see how it felt. I got to 295 lbs x 6 and I felt it afterwards. I stopped there and went back to high box squats where I don't feel it at all. It's definitely getting better though. Before, there is no way I could have got down in the hole without feeling it on each rep.

I know where you're coming from because I've been there too. I've strained my wrists, shoulders, ankles, knees, and lower back numerous times. Surprisingly enough, my hips are fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if a problem developed there from the constant wear and tear now that I'm in my 30's. Right now, I'm trying to combat these niggling injuries through diet, RICE, and some "recovery agents."

I'm not too keen on the issue of legality of prescribing HGH as medicine in the US, but I suggest talking it over with your general practitioner anyway. If it isn't, then there are other discreet ways to procure these recovery agents online. Here in Mexico, this stuff is sold OTC in pharmacies with no prescription required. Price is absurdly cheap too. Not to mention, stem cell treatment is legal as well with many facilities in Tijuana offering 1st world quality care at 3rd world prices.

Ultimately, it's your body, so the choice is up to you. Personally, I couldn't care about the morality or ethics surrounding the use of these aforementioned recovery agents and treatments nor do I judge people who use them recreationally. It's really none of my business.

I know where you're coming from because I've been there too. I've strained my wrists, shoulders, ankles, knees, and lower back numerous times. Surprisingly enough, my hips are fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if a problem developed there from the constant wear and tear now that I'm in my 30's. Right now, I'm trying to combat these niggling injuries through diet, RICE, and some "recovery agents."

I'm not too keen on the issue of legality of prescribing HGH as medicine in the US, but I suggest talking it over with your general practitioner anyway. If it isn't, then there are other discreet ways to procure these recovery agents online. Here in Mexico, this stuff is sold OTC in pharmacies with no prescription required. Price is absurdly cheap too. Not to mention, stem cell treatment is legal as well with many facilities in Tijuana offering 1st world quality care at 3rd world prices.

Ultimately, it's your body, so the choice is up to you. Personally, I couldn't care about the morality or ethics surrounding the use of these aforementioned recovery agents and treatments nor do I judge people who use them recreationally. It's really none of my business.

I'm going to be 37 this year, so I think a lot of it is just age catching up with me. I'm also lifting about 6 days a week, although short sessions. I'll talk with my doctor. He was really into lifting and football in his younger days, so he is understanding on things.

I'm going to be 37 this year, so I think a lot of it is just age catching up with me. I'm also lifting about 6 days a week, although short sessions. I'll talk with my doctor. He was really into lifting and football in his younger days, so he is understanding on things.

Good luck. I'd recommend getting blood work to check your t levels as well.

I personally believe that any doctor that does not prescribe TRT for individuals with absurdly low t levels is guilty of committing malpractice. It's a good thing that your doctor is knowledgeable about this.

Geez, I always thought Oblivian was older than me...apparently not.

Just a total shot in the dark, but look up banded stretches for hip impingement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back