Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can pick up little French lagers over here for around 50p a bottle, along with my "fancy" beers, I usually get a load of them in if I have people over, as they're cheap and not everyone is into craft beers.

Hopefully you guys got the note of sarcasm that I said that with.

I like the odd fancy brew, but I recently had something that tasted more like sour milk than a beer. Hard nope.

I have never casually sipped on the hard stuff, so I’m not sure if I’m ready for a bourbon on the rocks.

Hopefully you guys got the note of sarcasm that I said that with.

I like the odd fancy brew, but I recently had something that tasted more like sour milk than a beer. Hard nope.

I have never casually sipped on the hard stuff, so I’m not sure if I’m ready for a bourbon on the rocks.

Were you calling Nurse and I old??!

I've accepted that I'm considered old. The 17 year old that occupies space in my house reminds me of this every day.

I started my interest in Whiskey with Writer's Tears, an Irish Whiskey. I've had a few Canadian Whiskey's and have definitely tried the Scotch. I like it all, but something about the Kentucky Bourbon that I like. I can't quite articulate. But it's there. Its a taste... I'm focusing on learning more about KB right now.
I don't really care much for either of the two bourbons you asked about on the other forum. Both are okay, but I never buy either of them because there are better options at that price point. Same thing with Maker's Mark. It's pretty meh.

At that price point, Bulleit is hard to beat. Eagle Rare seems to vary quite a bit, but is a solid choice. And, for a little more money, Four Roses single barrel, maybe with a splash of water, is really damn good.

I still enjoy a "normal" beer / lager from time to time, especially in the summer months, stuff like Heineken goes down pretty well on a hot day over the bbq.

Same here. We always have beer in the change room after hockey and something like Heineken or Old Milwaukee goes down so well. There are certain beers, like Molson Canadian, that still taste like garbage though.

My father-in-law helped me build a small porch and steps at the front of my house and he brought near-beer that was surprisingly good on a hot day.

My girlfriend’s dad is pretty well off, but he drinks poor people beer. James Ready, OV, Lakeport. Drank it all his life.

My family is big on Molson products, so I’ll drink that stuff, or Moosehead as my go to. I normally buy cases of beer based on which one has cool free stuff in it though(yes, I’m poor too).

I don't really care much for either of the two bourbons you asked about on the other forum. Both are okay, but I never buy either of them because there are better options at that price point. Same thing with Maker's Mark. It's pretty meh.

At that price point, Bulleit is hard to beat. Eagle Rare seems to vary quite a bit, but is a solid choice. And, for a little more money, Four Roses single barrel, maybe with a splash of water, is really damn good.
I'll check some of them out. Four Roses is about £40 a bottle here so will see what the others come in at first.

Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey is on offer for £20 so might snap that up this weekend for the bbq.

Working at a craft beer store I get to try a huge variety of beers and there are many that I like, but that I wouldn't want to have on a sunny day in the park or after a rugby game. I just discovered my huge love for all things Gose though, such a great beer style for the summer.

Right. So a patient of mine gave me the list of bourbons to try. Buffalo Trace, Basil Hayden, Four Roses - Small Batch and 1792. I'm two in. Likely buying Four Roses this weekend. I'm also a big fan of Bulleit. I have a bottle and for what I paid, it really doesn't disappoint.

My buddy said he liked Buffalo trace better than Basil. I would have to buy another bottle of Buffalo to confirm. My friends, in partnership with my brother drank mine before I had but 2 glasses... Bastards!

I just fired up the grill for the first time this year, boerewors and burgers, then it's time for a nap and some benching. A big gym just opened a few minutes from where I live and it's fucking great. Ten power racks, five of them in a pretty secluded are where there are hardly any other people whenever I train.

Fuck yeah BBQ season! I finally refilled my propane tank after leaving it empty all winter. Made chicken drumsticks last Saturday and they were so good.

Also, gose sounds like a gross beer but the two I've had we're actually really good. Definitely not something I'd drink six of but the sour/salt mix gives a nice punch.

I've been buying Stonewall lately. Its cheap, tasty and refreshing as the weather warms up, and so I can buy a lot and fill the beer fridge in the garage.

Fuck yeah BBQ season! I finally refilled my propane tank after leaving it empty all winter. Made chicken drumsticks last Saturday and they were so good.

Also, gose sounds like a gross beer but the two I've had we're actually really good. Definitely not something I'd drink six of but the sour/salt mix gives a nice punch.

I've been really poor with the BBQs so far this year. I'm usually about 6 in by this time, but only had this year's first one on Monday. Need to step it up. I use charcoal though, not gas.

I'm using my fire pit much more as a barbecue. I'll throw in some flavors wood chips and go to town! takes time, but the taste is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back