Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex-wife's car was totally fucked last time there was flooding in Thailand. Floodwater went to the engine level, her car and a bunch of others were stuck in traffic. Poured a few thousand into fixing it, but it just got worse and worse. She just sold it for change, now I am on the hook to buy a new one for her.

She then proceeded to screw me by putting down a time-limited deposit before I quite had the money on hand. So then I couldn't wire the money to her in time. Now I have to fly to Thailand just to pay for the rest of the car. Can't be away from work long and don't have much holiday, so I am just going for three days. 9 hours on the plane and a 3 hour taxi drive each way.

It's not all super-awesome being an international man of mystery.
Well...that sucks.

Good job ens189, that's a good milestone to hit.

doesn't compute.

Screw figuratively.

She lives in Thailand. She put the deposit down for a car (consisting of the change from selling the old one plus an extra thousand from me), but time limited. She had to pay in a fixed time or the deposit was lost. I needed to sell some investment to get the rest of the money- by the time the money was in my account it was too late, not enough time left to wire the money. So have to go and use a card in person. So I have to spend about $2,000 and 24 hours on travel, in order to avoid losing about $5,000 on the lost deposit.

I still help her out a lot financially because she looks after my daughter. She drives her to school, takes her pretty much wherever she needs to go. Very diligent in the parenting thing.

Prominent Canadian provincial politician brought down by the will of his cock last night!

Tin foil hat theory: This is a clever ploy to create a conservative hero.

Weekend plans pub? I'm going to go to the real life pub today for a couple of stouts / porters.

Tomorrow I'll probably take the boys to see the new Jumanji and help them with their school homework projects, maybe get out on bikes if the weather is passable.

Sunday I have my kids S&C class that I've been running for a few months and will get my squat session in after that.

I hear you Aleks. I fear though, that this kind of allegation is a one way ticket to "you slimy bastard" zone.

However it does present an interesting opportunity for a candidate I support for (eventual) provincial PC leadership.

I will add, @Aleks Sytsevich that his career is over, regardless of what the real story is. The only allegations are coming from the Press. They protect their sources so he likely won't be able to press charges.

The one thing that is curious is how vigorously his staff has distanced themselves, resigning... so it must have been something of substance.

I will add, @Aleks Sytsevich that his career is over, regardless of what the real story is. The only allegations are coming from the Press. They protect their sources so he likely won't be able to press charges.

The one thing that is curious is how vigorously his staff has distanced themselves, resigning... so it must have been something of substance.
I think that the general opinion, now, with this Weinstein stuff in Hollywood, is that allegations are taken as fact, instead of as an allegation, before any due process. This guy may, or may not have, but with the above mentality it doesn’t even matter, and his staff may have taken that into account when they made their decision to resign.

I am in no way condoning sexual misconduct.

I think that the general opinion, now, with this Weinstein stuff in Hollywood, is that allegations are taken as fact, instead of as an allegation, before any due process. This guy may, or may not have, but with the above mentality it doesn’t even matter, and his staff may have taken that into account when they made their decision to resign.

I am in no way condoning sexual misconduct.

Allegations are taken as serious, public opinion turns them into fact, press uses this to sell viewership and newspapers. I would rather see people get their due process, however that won't happen in a lot of cases since these allegations typically come without a face.

I barely use Facebook now. I'll check every few days, but I deleted the app off my phone months ago. I would compulsively unlock my phone to check Facebook for maybe 1-2 days; after that, it didn't even cross my mind.

I barely use Facebook now. I'll check every few days, but I deleted the app off my phone months ago. I would compulsively unlock my phone to check Facebook for maybe 1-2 days; after that, it didn't even cross my mind.
I miss my daily dose of LS

Social Media has given opportunity to many. I wonder if the costs truly outweigh the benefits.

If I didn't have a charity or business to run, I wouldn't have it.

I'm going to attempt to infuse this place with a little action here.
I've been collecting vinyl records on and off since the late 90's. More off than on in the last decade. But recently I've started to get back into it. Wondering if anyone has an essential top 5 albums to own. My collection is pretty broad ranging from orchestral to prog rock (ex: Gentle Giant) to Prince to Metal. I'm trying to stay away from anything 1970's classic rock (led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc...). We all know what's good. I'm hoping to catch a few diamonds in the rough.

I'm actually on a Hip Hop fix at the moment.

I don’t have a top 5 list, but I’ve been on a hip hop kick too.

I’ve just been using the Datpiff app and killing mixtapes, though.

Rediscovered one of my favourite songs by my favourite hip hop artist:

If you are into hip hop, especially 80's and early 90's then this is a pretty sweet mix

I wouldn't think any vinyl collection would be complete without some Stevie Wonder in there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back