Donald has no incentive to win

Shut the fuck up.

There's no right time to fucking lose. There's nothing ok about taking brain damage for granted. That is coward shit,that's what khabib was saying about cowboy.
I think Cerrone's words are being twisted. Cerrone is a fighter who enjoys fighting. Which by the way is rare. A lot of fighters admit that at some point it's about sticking to the career they sacrificed everything for, even after they'd rather be doing something else.

It's not that he isn't motivated to win. He simply wants to fight. Everything after that, is secondary. He is at a point where he can carry a win or loss emotionally, which again, is something that a lot of other fighters could learn from him. Cerrone's only real fault is that he is a Trump supporter. lol

It's not that he isn't motivated to win. He simply wants to fight.
Yeah thats why he is never gonna be a champion. Its mind numbingly frustrating to see somebody do that to themselves.

Dumb thread, he has every incentive to win.
1)More money either for the rematch or the next step up the ladder
2)Finally proves he doesnt choke on a big fight
3)More money
4)Puts him back in the title discussion (I agree quite a few fights away but Romero gets one off 2 losses so...)
5)More money
6)TS is dumb

Yeah thats why he is never gonna be a champion. Its mind numbingly frustrating to see somebody do that to themselves.
I've felt that way about him too. But, all in all, he is far more emotionally stable and seems legitimately more happy than most UFC champions and top contenders.

It's just game theory. Can I make more by winning or losing?
In all reality, unless he's paid to dive, how will Cerrone make more by losing and getting more head trauma than winning? There's only so much that money is worth if it means being mentally or physically crippled in the later stages of your life from taking concussions just to get make a bit.

Nate is still benefiting from his Conor win four years later, beating a huge name like Conor can open up millions of dollars just on sponsorship alone.

It kind of does suck for Cowboy.

If McNuggets wins, he gets a title shot.

If Cowboy wins.....

there's very little chance he gets a title shot.

In all reality, unless he's paid to dive, how will Cerrone make more by losing and getting more head trauma than winning? There's only so much that money is worth if it means being mentally or physically crippled in the later stages of your life from taking concussions just to get make a bit.
Win: Slight boost to fading career, people will say Conor is washed up and that's why he won. No rematch, no title shot. UFC hates him.

Lose: 200K to show+all bonuses which are off the books. Pick your fights until retirement, Dana loves you, might even give you Chuck's desk at the P.I.

Last edited:
Looks like you got it all figured out, Captain. Wager accordingly...

200K+? to show+FON/Back Room Bonus/Tenure Award
No rematch likely
Near the end of career
Company man
--If he won it would screw the UFC with no lube--

*While DFW is already planning Conor's career as if he had already won*

Can anyone refute this?
Yeah, he wants to extend his legacy as the winningest fighter in UFC history as well as his record for bonuses, finishes and finishes with kicks as well as raining on the UFCs parade on his way out the door leaving a lasting memory for the casuals who may have somehow previously been unaware of what a legend he is.

Aside from that though you make a good point, haha.

Yes reportedly they're getting tree fiddy each.
Yeah, he wants to extend his legacy as the winningest fighter in UFC history as well as his record for bonuses, finishes and finishes with kicks as well as raining on the UFCs parade on his way out the door leaving a lasting memory for the casuals who may have somehow previously been unaware of what a legend he is.

Aside from that though you make a good point, haha.
I really wish I thought that

UFC hates him.
This is the worst part of what you said.

The UFC will work any advantage to a situation that didnt work out how they wanted. They understand that things might not go their way,that they cannot control these things,they can only push it how they want to. They wont hate cowboy for winning. Theyd hate him if he refused a rematch or retired,but not for winning. If they could not handle him winning,they wouldnt give him the fight at all.

i wouldnt normally give a shit, but the fact that mcgregor gets a title shot off this farce is the part that annoys me

Cowboy is a waste of time. The dude is the journeymen of journeymen.

Back