Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone: Choker or Outmatched

one of the best fighters ever?
the fuck, he is not even top 50 of the best fighters ever. he is very active, that he is for sure.

but he always lost CONVINCINGLY when he had to fight top dogs. donald is in no way, shape or form 'one of the best fighters ever'

conor fans getting full on delusional after a first win in 3 years against cerrone, who checked out in interviews before the fight started
Cowboy Cerrone is Legendary Fighter who holds many records in the UFC and Conor made him look like a child. There are levels to this game

You said Gaethje isn't better than Cowboy. If you're talking career-wise, then no shit, Cowboy has had the better career, something you didn't specify. I'm talking about right now. 2020. What anyone would assume based on the original statement you made. Fuck all what Gaethje did years ago, we're talking about right now, when the dude's looking better than he ever has. He's in his prime, and like you said, Cowboy's at the tail end of his career. You're also acting like Gaethje landed some lucky punch in their fight. Cowboy had no answer for the guy and ended up getting finished. And yes, Cannonier is better than Silva RIGHT NOW. I'm not talking about legacies.

If you're going to compare their streaks, then fine, they're similar. The only difference is that Gaethje's last fight was a dominant win against the guy you're telling me is as good as him right now. And for the record, I like Cowboy more than Gaethje, and was rooting for him in their fight. Rewatch it and tell me that the two didn't look like they were in different leagues. By your logic, who's to say that Conor isn't better than Cowboy right now. They both have lots of great wins. Forget the head to head fight.
Saying he's better most certainly means career wise. If somebody says Silva is better than Adesanya would they be saying 2020 Silva is better than Adesanya? Of course not. The way you wrote "second tier fighter fighting top tier competition" and "skill level" to me reads like you're saying he is more skilled than any version of Cowboy. Even current Cerrone has way more tools than Gaethje he's just been fighting way too frequently for far too long which is why his record in the past 3 years is terrible. I also wouldn't put Gaethje anywhere near Conor, Khabib and Tony in terms of skill level.

Last edited:
Choker. He has the skills and physical attributes to win but doesn't show up.

How did Cerrone put a beating on a bigger and more experienced fighter and former champion (Lawler) but fought (did he fight at all?) so complacently against a puffed up manlet whose only notable win is Aldo and even then, you can argue it was a fluke

one of the best fighters ever?
the fuck, he is not even top 50 of the best fighters ever. he is very active, that he is for sure.

but he always lost CONVINCINGLY when he had to fight top dogs. donald is in no way, shape or form 'one of the best fighters ever'

conor fans getting full on delusional after a first win in 3 years against cerrone, who checked out in interviews before the fight started
Conor read him like childrens book

Back