Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone: Choker or Outmatched

He folds every time he gets stunned. Meanwhile, Conor usually stuns his opponents.

It was just a bullshit setup all together.

Cowboy went into the fight looking really worried, those nerves slowed him down enough to let Conor hit him without reaction. I’m surprised no one talks about Conor’s level of confidence and his aura, which is a huge factor in his fights. Time and again I saw fighters struggle to show up mentally with Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko. He has that similar aura.

Cowboy did not show up to fight and let Conor hit the gas pedal on him.
Is Conor a good fighter? Yes.
Does he beat opponents before the fight? Yes.
I can’t separate Conor’s skill from his mentality. He was good against Nate but he didn’t have his mental edge that normally makes him look amazing as Nate was unfazed by his confidence.

Choker. I'm a fan but he has never turned up ever for the big fights.

In the last seven years, Cerrone has 16 wins and 7 defeats.. Those defeats have come at the hands of Mcgregor, Gaejthe, Ferguson, Edwards, Till, Lawler, Masvidal, and RDA. All 7 of those guys are ranked in the top 5... TOP 5 GUYS!!!

Cerrone has only lost to TOP 5 GUYS!!!

SO! I think it is incorrect when so many people say he chokes when it comes to the big fight. I think the truth is Cerrone is a TOP 10 fighter but maybe he just isn't good enough to beat the TOP 5

Disagree with chuck I think he is just not championship level.

On paper, Donald Cerrone was tailor made to beat Nate Diaz with his movement and kicks, and even the ability to get takedowns and at least hold position if things got dicey, and he literally stood there like a pinata in Nate's boxing range and did nothing, mostly because of the pressure and shit talk leading up to that fight. He was a choker then, and he's still a choker now.

It's both. He's a notorious choker , but he was never gonna beat Conor either way. IMO

^^^ This. Cowboy has a pretty good feel for who is better than he is. Feels like when he runs up against any sort of adversity against an opponent who outmatches him, he folds.

If Connor gets the belt back and defends a few times, we can talk. Khqbib still taking him down so Connor better get those shots in early. One round on the ground and his power is cardio and power are down, 2 and they are gone.

just remember that it took Tony two rounds and he was getting tagged and Conor annihilated him in 40 seconds.
Doesn’t really correlate, different fighters. Connor is a great striker but he has shown little heart.

Defending Belt is for ordinary Champs but Conor loves to push himself and always go for more bigger challanges. Thats why he is the most popular with most fans and makes by far the most money
Yeah because journeymen Nate Diaz and ceroone are bigger challenges that defending a title against a legit contender

Disagree with chuck I think he is just not championship level.
I personally think it's a bit of both. He's probably a couple paces off championship level, but if he was the type who could show up on game day more consistently he might have won a title. I always refer to Forest Griffin. He had clear limitations but used what he bad well.

Either outmatched or overworked.

Hard to say.

Cowboy just got rocked early. No excuses but this was some crafty match making. imo.

Donald, you leave a legacy few people ever attain. We've enjoyed your career for a long time. Too long

Back