Donald Cerrone

thelegend2

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
so when is he gonna get his title shot? hes riding a long winning streak and looks to be a much more mentally strong fighter than the old cerrone that used to fold when fights weren't going his way.

i think that he can actually give pettis a real fight this time on the feet.

if not pettis we can still get a number one contenders fight between cerrone and khabib.

Him vs Khabib for the #1 contender is the fight to make. Unless Khabib drops out of fighting Cowboy for a 4th time.

I have been a huge Cerrone fan, win or lose, from the WEC days. How anybody can hate this guy is beyond me. He is the gold standard UFC fighter. His average 4 times a year in the cage puts most of his peers to absolute shame.

The guy loves to fight, will fight anybody, is always going for the finish and will do it every fucking three months for our amusement. What the hell is not to love???

he just finished the three Budweisers he brought to the press conference

I don't see the appeal of wasting an exciting fight like Cerrone on a bore like Khabib. Cerrone probably needs one more good win, but I don't want Khabib getting the right to "fight" him. Maybe a rematch with Bendo after he beats Alvarez.

so when is he gonna get his title shot? hes riding a long winning streak and looks to be a much more mentally strong fighter than the old cerrone that used to fold when fights weren't going his way.

i think that he can actually give pettis a real fight this time on the feet.

if not pettis we can still get a number one contenders fight between cerrone and khabib.

Khabib vs Cowboy is the logical next fight! I'm starting to think Cowboy may take this now, I know Jury is no Khabib but that Machida-like 'check knee' to stifle the takedown is a thing if beauty, and Cowboy transitions so quickly from being taken down to the submission attempt is unreal..

I have been a huge Cerrone fan, win or lose, from the WEC days. How anybody can hate this guy is beyond me. He is the gold standard UFC fighter. His average 4 times a year in the cage puts most of his peers to absolute shame.

The guy loves to fight, will fight anybody, is always going for the finish and will do it every fucking three months for our amusement. What the hell is not to love???

You definitely said it best. I'm a huge fan of Cowboy and have been as well since WEC. He is inspirational not only as a fighter but as a person. His can-do attitude is awesome.

this guy gets it

Cerrone is great but I can't help but think if he fought like last night against Pettis, the same thing would happen as last time

Problem is that division is so stacked it seems that there are to many contenders and going on a 6 fight win streak doesn't exactly net you a title shot.

I'd say the his next likely opponent Khabib, Melendez, or Henderson (if he beats Alvarez)

Cerrone is great but I can't help but think if he fought like last night against Pettis, the same thing would happen as last time

Hard to fight a guy wearing his Nikes the whole fight

Don't know about the title shot, but he really put a beating on Jury. Those leg kicks at the end were brutal.

Preach it, brother. Cerrone is a fighter's fighter.

I love the post-Diaz version of Cerrone. He is pissed off and committed to getting a title shot.

Hard to fight a guy wearing his Nikes the whole fight

Hard but not impossible to do. Really should have put in more of an effort in the third, especially if he's hoping to make a case for a title shot. Didn't look like Jury had anything whatsoever in the third, looked like Cerrone could have beated him at any moment if he just tried

I agree, i'd like to see a more aggressive Cerrone.

Cowboy v Khabib is the fight I want to see for the next in line.

To get a title shot, Cerrone should have to avenge one of his losses like Diaz or Bendo, or beat an established UFC contender such as Josh Thomson; to concretely establish he's a different guy before. Until then Pettis needs some variety in his life. He beats him now the argument from those with an axe to grind against Pettis as a legit champ can still be he just beat another high level gatekeeper or he's getting a select group of favorable style match-ups. Pettis needs to clear a couple new challengers first before we can even start talking about Cowboy again.

Back