Donald Cerrone Vs Kelvin Gastelum

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cerrone is lucky because I can't see how he could beat Kelvin

Would be a really tough fight for Cerrone for sure. I would like to see it now more than ever though.
Same here. Kelvin can compete with a mw wrestler in Tim Kennedy, and his striking amazes me more in every fight.

Cowboy wouldn't gas out 3 minutes in like Kennedy either

That's a really hard one to tell for me. I think Kelvin is able to apply the pressure that gives him problems but Cerrone is a different fighter now. Not sure if that works anymore. His fight IQ and ability to mix it up is so much better in last two years then it once was.

It'd be a tough fight for Donald for sure. I'd give Donald a small advantage but not by much.

Cerrone is a tough call he's looked great in every fight but the RDA fight recently. Can Kelvin do that to him? Seems unlikely, but he looked smooth on the feet at 206.

By far superior Thaiboxing and better speed.

I really doubt we will ever see it due to Kelvin's cutting problem... Though Gastelum is determined to fight at ww... so who knows.

I have learned not to bet against Cerrone at WW, least not until he shows his ceiling.

Short stocky wrestlers will be his nemesis, namely Kelvin and Tyron.

Short stocky wrestlers will be his nemesis, namely Kelvin and Tyron.
IMO that is everyone's nemesis, hard style/attributes to beat.

Donald is very slick in the guard however and may have his best hopes there fishing for the likes of a triangle choke.

IMO that is everyone's nemesis, hard style/attributes to beat.

Donald is very slick in the guard however and may have his best hopes there fishing for the likes of a triangle choke.
Kelvin looks like he loves his hands more than his wrestling recently. I don't blame him. He would probably try to keep the fight standing himself unless he starts losing the standup.

In the winning the fight department.
Solid answer.

I would pick Cerrone. He is much sharper and more accurate with his strikes. Kevin is a bit sloppy, even if he is good at pressuring and is durable.

Back