Donald Cerrone vs Dustin Poirier

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
The lightweight division is becoming clearer. With McGregor fighting RDA, Khabib fighting Ferguson and Pettis fighting Barboza, the only fights left that make sense are Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz and with Cerrone winning tonight, a fight vs Poirier makes perfect sense.

I could see a LW tournament going down.

Khabib vs Ferguson winner fights Alvarez vs Diaz winner for next LW title shot. (if RDA wins, Khabib vs Ferguson winner should get title shot)

Pettis vs Barboza winner fights Cerrone vs Poirier winner (only exception would be Cerrone vs Barboza)

Entertaining for sure, but is Cowboy coming back to 155?

Sounds like the logical fight for the rankings and the division.

Stylistically it's a decent fight.

Set it up if he goes back to LW.

Khabib fighting Ferguson and Pettis fighting Barboza, the only fights left that make sense are Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz and with Cerrone winning tonight, a fight vs Poirier makes perfect sense.
A lot of great fights. Those all make perfect sense.

He said somehwere that this was only a foray into 170 and that his home is 155

donald-cerrone-ufc-167-triangle-choke.gif

poirier-koch-ufc-164-triangle-gif.gif

korean-zombie-chan.gif

I'd be down for it. Let's see if Poirier can keep up his "I don't get triangled." streak.

The lightweight division is becoming clearer. With McGregor fighting RDA, Khabib fighting Ferguson and Pettis fighting Barboza, the only fights left that make sense are Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz and with Cerrone winning tonight, a fight vs Poirier makes perfect sense.

Khabib vs Ferguson winner fights Alvarez vs Diaz winner for next LW title shot. (if RDA wins, Khabib vs Ferguson winner should get title shot)

Pettis vs Barboza winner fights Cerrone vs Poirier winner (only exception would be Cerrone vs Barboza)
I think Cerrone is going to fight more at WW

I like it. But, its going to be one sided, Cowboy is a bit too polished & seasoned for Dustin though...Cowboy will just tee off on him.

You really want to see Alvarez do exactly what he did to Pettis on Nate? Yes, I know the fights that have been already scheduled, but..

I Rather see Alvarez vs Khabib, Cerrone vs Dustin and Nate vs Ferguson.

Khabib vs Alvarez winner vs RDA/Conor winner. Dustin vs Cerrone winner vs Melendez. Nate/Ferguson winner vs Pettis/Barboza winner.

Khabib vs Alvarez loser vs Iaquinta. Dustin vs Cerrone loser vs Johnson. Nate vs Ferguson loser vs RDA vs Conor loser. Pettis vs Barboza loser vs Dariush

Last edited:
Poirier vs Diaz would be dope too. Im super down for Poirier Cowboy tho

Dustin poirer wins if they ever fight, the diamond is going to be top 5 in da LW division

Cerrone is a beast when it comes to non-title fights. He has 7 losses overall. He is 0/4 in all his WEC/UFC title fights. Two other losses are against UFC champs. The only outlier is a decision against Nate Diaz. I would actually bet on Donald.

Back