Donald Cerrone vs. Ben Henderson III - Grudge Match

bluesnoopz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im so excited about this fight, cowboy's record is so good, and he is currently on a killing spree, while bendo had his furious winning streak halted whenever he was KO'd by RDA...

however, this is a true test for cowboy, having already lost to bendo in their first two fights in WEC...

the first fight between them was a classic and a war. winner was bendo by UD.

Henderson-Cerrone-3.gif

Henderson-Cerrone-4.gif

the second fight was more dominant by bendo with him getting the finish early on.

BendoCerrone.gif

i feel like bendo knows how big it would be to his dried up momentum to stop cowboy's current win streak. and if cowboy finally beats a man that has stopped him two times before, how is he not ready for a title shot?

ive never been the biggest cowboy fan, but i have to stay i truly respect him. ill be cheering for him.

will cowboy finally win the BIG ONE and get into the elite with RDA, Nurmagomedov, & Pettis?
OR
will bendo regain much needed steam in his quest for his own grudge match against Pettis or RDA?

it is worth noting that both Cerrone's last loss and Henderson's last loss both were to RDA... :eek:

the lightweight division is interesting right now. what do you think sherdog?

who do you got? and where do you think these two are at in their careers and whats their remaining potential in title contention?

Cerrone-vs-Henderson.jpg

lol at grudge match!!!! cerrone takes it via finish

i wanna say benson by UD or SD, i think he just matches up with cowboy nicely but could see it being a close fight again.

I'd really love to see Cowboy win but I'm thinking Bendo UD

Cheering for Cerrone but a very hard fight to call.

I think this could be the fight that reminds everyone how good Bendo is.

Cerrone makes me realize how stupid it is to be so caught up in wins and losses. People here tend to shit on fighters because of their record, ignoring their performance. I enjoy his fights, and will always tune in.

Lol, cute. But yeah, going to be tough but rooting for Cowboy as always & who is already; ahem "elite". But feel it'll definitely be a steep task.

And the LW division has pretty much always been "interesting".

; )

Normally a 3rd fight between fighters where one is 2-0 would be stupid and pointless but this one is actually really good.

3 round fight though, pretty much guaranteed decision unless Cerrone crumbles.

Forget the title, forget defenses, forget all of that....what Cowboy is doing is what no one else is doing, being one very bad mo-fo and fighting whenever, wherever and whomever. The guy is a great fighter by virtue of these attributes with he has no equal in terms of activity and the desire to fight all the time.

My head says Bendo. I'd prefer Cowboy to win simply because Benson winning doesn't do much for Bendo really and it kills off a potential Title contender. But Cowboy still has nothing to offer Pettis anyway.

Back