Donald Cerrone Treats Conor Like Royalty

Is Donald's new posture a sign of strength or weakness?

• Total voters
Cerrone is a company boy through and through, what else was he gonna do ? Call him a rapist ? Jab him about the old man in the bar ?

I voted strength, but u should have a "donald gives no fucks" option which I would have chosen. He has an easy, fun life. He does what he wants and gets paid to fight which he also likes. He could care less about conors mind games, and Conor doesnt even seem to be pushing it like he normally does. He may be so confident he will win that he thinks he doesnt need to, but the old Conor would have started talking shit about his mon and family as soon as donald said not to.

View attachment 707953

He gives >0 fucks.

This is going to sound meaner than I intend it to, but Cowboy is a bit of a flat track bully, both in and out of the octagon. When there’s a genuine F You mentality coming back at him he becomes very uncomfortable. I think he just wants to get through this as painlessly as possible. It will be a relief for him when it’s all over, and he can put his hat back on, give Conor a hug, and say, “aw shucks, that dude hits hard man,” in his post fight interview.
Hahaha aw shucks

Too much CTE to feud verbally with Connor anyway

This is perfectly written as a precursor of what is expected of a man who brings a child into the world. You leave that high risk, unnecessary kid shit behind where it belongs. Conor is a disgrace to his family if the 2 allegations against him turn out to be true. Also the dolly incident was so fucking gross of a grown man to do. Putting women and fellow employees and martial artist at risk for publicity. Be a man if you want your child to grow and become a self sufficient, respected member of the world
<WellThere>

Cerrone is a country boy, he doesn't have time for trash talking shit....he's training for a fight, and the Main event will sell itself, what's he gain by entering into a Twitter war with Conor ?

Win or lose, nobody gets into Cowboy's head...he'll focus on making weight and giving it his all, win or lose.

Cowboy is treating McGregor, like how poor Americans treat a wealthy American.
"May I shine your shoes Sir"?

He's just hoping for that red panty night HARD.

I disagree. Look how his last fight turned out with his friend. He face planted then got up and hugged him and gave em props.
This friend you make mention of is Gaethje. They could have been family and that man would knock Donald out.

Conor is going to need to stand. If Donald grinds on the cage and gets to the ground friend zone will win.
Of course I could be very wrong and motivated Conor shows up.

I don't think they know each other personally so Cerrone probably doesn't know anything about him that isn't public knowledge. He's not one to trash talk in general.

“I’m not going to talk badly about him,” Cerrone said of McGregor in an interview with MMA Junkie. “I don’t really care. He does his life and whatever he wants to do he can. I’m just as wild and crazy as him, but in a different way.

“The media keep asking me, ‘What do you think of the trouble he gets in?’ The guy lives under a microscope. Anything he does people want to blow up and make a big deal about it. That’s his life. I would never even dig at something like that. Hell no.

“I’m talking about . . . fighting only. Anything outside of it – that’s you. You do what you want to do. You want to meet me in the cage and fight – fighting that’s a whole different thing – but I’m not going to bring up anything from the past or anything he’s done outside the octagon.

“What the dude has done inside of the cage, and what he’s done for the sport is amazing. I’m honoured to fight a guy like him.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1222709/Donald-Cerrone-Conor-McGregor-UFC-246-UFC-News-UFC-Rumours
He’s clearly attempting to unleash some new version of dad Cerrone/friendship Cerrone hybrid. Has he ever lost a fight in which he has hugged his opponent? I rest my case. Gaethje mercy killed him but never looked like he was having fun in there or lost focus. Don’t think it counts as a friendship Cerrone fight.

I voted strength, but u should have a "donald gives no fucks" option which I would have chosen. He has an easy, fun life. He does what he wants and gets paid to fight which he also likes. He could care less about conors mind games, and Conor doesnt even seem to be pushing it like he normally does. He may be so confident he will win that he thinks he doesnt need to, but the old Conor would have started talking shit about his mon and family as soon as donald said not to.
Cerrone has that P3 portable protein money now life is great. <5>

What bothers me is that Cowboy is too grateful for the opportunity. Yes I realize being humble and having gratitude to make great money in the sport you love are things that you should focus on but at the same time it’s almost like he fine winning or losing which tells me that his gratitude is too much for my taste.

Contrast this with the anger Nate Diaz brought into his first fight with Conor. Nate had a look in his eye that said “This mofo is getting paid massive bank and he’s not all that, I’m going to show you” and choked his arse till Conor tapped in defeat.

By the rematch, Nate was just happy to get paid AGAIN and didn’t care about the outcome as much because the worst thing that can happen is that they are 1-1 which pushes a trilogy.

With Cowboy, I would feel better if the guy had a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and not simply be happy to be there and if he wins great and if he loses... fine attitude . There is a point where maturity and contentment ruins a fighter and Conor’s talent is great, Cowboy needs as much help as he can get, his mind is the first step. Hopefully he’s just hiding any pent up rage or aggression, the stuff you naturally have when you are in your early 20’s.

I also think Dana agreed to give Cowboy the fight with a solid paycheck if he agrees to never bring up Conor hitting an old man at a bar or any other stupid antics outside the ring during the pressers. In that sense, if that did happen, Cowboy is indeed a yes man and yes men usually fail at reaching the top.

I hope I’m wrong and Cowboy knocks him out with a head kick.

“I’m not going to talk badly about him,” Cerrone said of McGregor in an interview with MMA Junkie. “I don’t really care. He does his life and whatever he wants to do he can. I’m just as wild and crazy as him, but in a different way.

“The media keep asking me, ‘What do you think of the trouble he gets in?’ The guy lives under a microscope. Anything he does people want to blow up and make a big deal about it. That’s his life. I would never even dig at something like that. Hell no.

“I’m talking about . . . fighting only. Anything outside of it – that’s you. You do what you want to do. You want to meet me in the cage and fight – fighting that’s a whole different thing – but I’m not going to bring up anything from the past or anything he’s done outside the octagon.

“What the dude has done inside of the cage, and what he’s done for the sport is amazing. I’m honoured to fight a guy like him.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1222709/Donald-Cerrone-Conor-McGregor-UFC-246-UFC-News-UFC-Rumours

Lame shit.

Had a lot to say in that press conference years ago....already falling for Conor's fake nice giy gimmick.

Cerrone jas always been mentally weak compared to most elite fighters in my opinion.

Sage was never on the same level as Wonderboy. Steven is genuinely a really nice person. Sage is a lot more fake, and manufactured. I say this as someone who has met them both.
Oh wow cool. Did you get autographs? Did you talk a while? Do tell.

Is Cerrone still star-struck going into the fight? Or will he strike the star?

"When I bounce his head of the canvas, he's gonna realize it's not all talk". - Sage Northcutt

Cowboy is going to try and high five Conor and wave his arm up to the crowd at 4:55 and Conor will rush in and start throwing.

You read it here first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back