Donald Cerrone Treats Conor Like Royalty

Is Donald's new posture a sign of strength or weakness?

• Total voters
“I’m not going to talk badly about him,” Cerrone said of McGregor in an interview with MMA Junkie. “I don’t really care. He does his life and whatever he wants to do he can. I’m just as wild and crazy as him, but in a different way.

“The media keep asking me, ‘What do you think of the trouble he gets in?’ The guy lives under a microscope. Anything he does people want to blow up and make a big deal about it. That’s his life. I would never even dig at something like that. Hell no.

“I’m talking about . . . fighting only. Anything outside of it – that’s you. You do what you want to do. You want to meet me in the cage and fight – fighting that’s a whole different thing – but I’m not going to bring up anything from the past or anything he’s done outside the octagon.

“What the dude has done inside of the cage, and what he’s done for the sport is amazing. I’m honoured to fight a guy like him.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1222709/Donald-Cerrone-Conor-McGregor-UFC-246-UFC-News-UFC-Rumours
Why did you make a thread about this? That’s not him “treating Conor like royalty”. He’s just saying Conor’s personal life is none of his business. It’s not.

Your sarcasm detector is broken, bud.

giphy.gif

Must be because I didn't read it or feel and been here long enough to read all forms of it...

Yes, all hail the Burger King!!!!!
1520360958601-BK_4.jpeg

First he was the bad underdog (+250 vs -325). Then he said he'd fight with a style most favorable to Conor. Now he says he won't say a bad word about him. WTH? These are basic whitebelt mistakes. I don't get concerned when Masvidal dials it back because he is crafty and has a killer instinct I don't see enough in Cerrone. This is looking like the making of the next Rampage vs. Fedor, The Flop of the Year.

Friend zone Donald is the most dangerous Donald.
He can win this fight.

Good. Just fight and shut up. suits me.

Seems like he is focused and not into some TMZ shit that little sherdoggers love.

Let them bang bro.

Being polite because Conor is paying him to drop his hands

My only problem with all this is that Donald just went on and on a little to much....... especially with a guy like Conor who does not conduct himself well or even carry himself well( outside sport). He answered question and shouldve been brief about it. Done - on to the next question. Cerrone isnt much of a trash talker, he's a fighter so I doubt " weakness " is a part of anything. However as event nears, I see Conor playing the banter game and see this as the Donald " trembling" or something of that nature.

Well Cowboy is no trash talker. He gives no fuck. Partly because he can’t remember shit, partly because he is a laid back dude who’s seen it all.

upload_2020-1-10_8-51-50.jpeg

He gives >0 fucks.

This is going to sound meaner than I intend it to, but Cowboy is a bit of a flat track bully, both in and out of the octagon. When there’s a genuine F You mentality coming back at him he becomes very uncomfortable. I think he just wants to get through this as painlessly as possible. It will be a relief for him when it’s all over, and he can put his hat back on, give Conor a hug, and say, “aw shucks, that dude hits hard man,” in his post fight interview.

We bitch about people selling “wolf tickets” and being “playing a character”.
Now Cowboy is getting shit for not playing that game???? The guy is one of the most genuine people in the sport and has been super respectful and complimentary to the cast majority of his opponents.

Are people giving him shit about this?

Never really knew Cowboy to put anyone down. He is just being himself.

Most people, not all (looking at YOU just bleed guy), reach a level of maturity in their lives where you just kind of rise above all the petty bullshit and start to focus on what matters. A big factor in this jump is fatherhood. Cuts way down on the piss and vinegar.

Cerrone is a father...his personality has mellowed out considerably in the past two years since his son was born. He's less brash and more laid back.

Conor is also a father, but his actions are not like that of the loving father, my kid changed my life kinda guy. If anything, his antics amplified after his son was born.

I was an obnoxious asshole before my son was born...(now i'm just obnoxious. But only on special occasions. ;)) My son being born changed my life for the better and I'm a much better man for it. It certainly didn't make me bug out and go do anything "allegedly" or punch old men, slap phones, throw dollies, or any other juvenile smalldickshit.

It’s true that fatherhood appears to cause a decrease in testosterone (researchers think this is accelerated the more that child care duties are shifted to a father too). Human physiology is fascinating.

There really hasnt been any talk from Conor, and Cowboy aint the guy to start it. Remember how much he put up with Alex Hernandez? Is normal

its a tactic. he portray himself as weak, yet willstand his ground. you already gell for it, colin could too

I don't like your poll choices and didn't vote, I don't think it's a sign of strength or weakness just a determination to keep the focus on the fight not on gossip leave that sh!t to TMZ...
This dude posts too many articles and associates them with polls. Dude's an attention whore.

Back