Donald Cerrone Treats Conor Like Royalty

Is Donald's new posture a sign of strength or weakness?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
stuartpettican-5668810b1be44f6.jpg

“I’m not going to talk badly about him,” Cerrone said of McGregor in an interview with MMA Junkie. “I don’t really care. He does his life and whatever he wants to do he can. I’m just as wild and crazy as him, but in a different way.

“The media keep asking me, ‘What do you think of the trouble he gets in?’ The guy lives under a microscope. Anything he does people want to blow up and make a big deal about it. That’s his life. I would never even dig at something like that. Hell no.

“I’m talking about . . . fighting only. Anything outside of it – that’s you. You do what you want to do. You want to meet me in the cage and fight – fighting that’s a whole different thing – but I’m not going to bring up anything from the past or anything he’s done outside the octagon.

“What the dude has done inside of the cage, and what he’s done for the sport is amazing. I’m honoured to fight a guy like him.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1222709/Donald-Cerrone-Conor-McGregor-UFC-246-UFC-News-UFC-Rumours

Last edited:
Well Cowboy is no trash talker. He gives no fuck. Partly because he can’t remember shit, partly because he is a laid back dude who’s seen it all.

I don't like your poll choices and didn't vote, I don't think it's a sign of strength or weakness just a determination to keep the focus on the fight not on gossip leave that sh!t to TMZ...

Maybe cowboy is pulling a lou holtz approach. Lou holtz was a college football coach and begore big games hed usually say stuff like, "aw shucks, we're just happy to be here to play such a great team. I dont see how we can even compete with such a great team. We really dont beling on the same field" then holtzs team would go out and pull off the upset.

We bitch about people selling “wolf tickets” and being “playing a character”.
Now Cowboy is getting shit for not playing that game???? The guy is one of the most genuine people in the sport and has been super respectful and complimentary to the cast majority of his opponents.

Also everything he said here was pretty rational..

Just sounds like cowboy is being real. Fighters arent as petty as the typical fan, many of them have seen beyond the veil.

Cerrone is just low key challenging Wonderboy for the NMF belt... which Conor cannot touch.

maxresdefault.jpg

If Cowboy keeps talking nice Conor would look silly belittling a man constantly paying respect and compliments. It could be a mental game to take the steam out of Conor.

.....or more than likely it could simply be how he really feels and he doesn’t feel like spending energy in being fake for the media

beat up the old dude.

LMAO...it was a cheap shot on a 60+ year old and he couldn't drop or hurt him. I think the old dude was minutes from kicking Conors arse if his friends didnt hold him back!

giphy.gif
So there's a strong possibility he could be a rapist, but people are making a big deal out of it?

"What's a little rape between friends"

-Harvey Weinstein

Your sarcasm detector is broken, bud.

giphy.gif

Most people, not all (looking at YOU just bleed guy), reach a level of maturity in their lives where you just kind of rise above all the petty bullshit and start to focus on what matters. A big factor in this jump is fatherhood. Cuts way down on the piss and vinegar.

Cerrone is a father...his personality has mellowed out considerably in the past two years since his son was born. He's less brash and more laid back.

Conor is also a father, but his actions are not like that of the loving father, my kid changed my life kinda guy. If anything, his antics amplified after his son was born.

I was an obnoxious asshole before my son was born...(now i'm just obnoxious. But only on special occasions. ;)) My son being born changed my life for the better and I'm a much better man for it. It certainly didn't make me bug out and go do anything "allegedly" or punch old men, slap phones, throw dollies, or any other juvenile smalldickshit.

He wants to make friends with him. Cerrone does well when he makes friends with his opponents before the fight. If his opponent gets his face and is hostile, he crumbles.

Back