Donald Cerrone, the next Kenny Florian?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TotallyHacking, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TotallyHacking

TotallyHacking White Belt

I really enjoy watching the cowboy fight, from a standpoint of fighting anybody and everybody the UFC will hand him along with the fact he is so steadfast in wanting to give us fans entertaining and wildly exciting fights, part of me feels a bit bad for coming to this conclusion.

I'm worried however that he's going to suffer a similar fate to the great Ken-Flo.

Do you think Cerrone ever wins the UFC gold? I really hope he does, I think it would be amazing for the sport and the UFC, with the way 155 is currently constructed however I'm not entirely sure if that happens.

2. WildShrimper

WildShrimper The King

I could see that, if he keeps going this way he might destroy everyone but Pettis/Bendo

3. Tweak896

Tweak896 Brown Belt

I don't think he cares or obsesses over it like K-flo did. He wants to simply put on awesome fights. If he made it gold it wouldn't shock me, but I really don't think he's gonna get a bunch of title shots like K-flo.

4. MachidaNo1Fan

MachidaNo1Fan Red Belt

Yeah I doubt he wins the gold. As long as Pettis is there, he will never wear the belt.

5. TotallyHacking

TotallyHacking White Belt

I agree with that, K-Flo dropped way too many divisions in my opinion to try and win.

I really just hope he's able to at least touch UFC Gold, the guy really is awesome for the fans.

6. Ralo

Ralo Blue Belt

I don't see him beating Thompson, Gil, Pettis, or Bendo. I wouldn't mind him getting the belt one bit. Can't hate on a guy who comes in to fight like Cowboy.

Edit: Almost forgot about Khabib, maybe that one will happen with RDA getting Pettis. Basically forgot about RDA until I typed that out, LW and MW are just stacked.

At the post fight presser he was saying he'd fight in a couple weeks in Denver, he's just a gamer. I would like to see a Diaz rematch. I don't see Cowboy playing into Nate's game again so it would be a better scrap.

7. Donny White

Donny White Brown Belt

I don't think he's as smart as Ken-Flo.

But I also think that Ken-Flo's intelligence held him back. He seemed to over-think things sometimes. Sometimes it's better to walk in there with a clear mind and do as you're trained.

8. coq

coq Blue Belt

His goal seems to be to get in there, throw down and earn those bonuses. It's working for him and it's always exciting to watch him fight. That ending was badass. All the respect for the guy but hopefully they give him a top tier fighter.

9. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    Naw. He's the next Chris Lytle.

10. KAZSoliloquy

KAZSoliloquy 10/10 on Pitchfork

Florian was never ever ranked as highly as Cerrone is right now.

11. roboris

roboris White Belt

All I know is that he is the coolest fighter at the moment. To say "I will take that boy", and then do what he did, and leave the way he did, it's just badass.