Donald Cerrone takes down the majority of people he fights

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Go watch any Donald Cerrone fight. There’s a big chance you’ll see Cerrone get a takedown. He’s got great timing and catches almost everyone off guard.

He’s taken down:

Tony Ferguson
Alexander Hernandez
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Rick Story
Patrick Cote
Alex Oliveira
Ben Henderson
Myles Jury
Adriano Martins
Evan Dunham
Rafael dos Anjos
KJ Noons
Jeremy Stephens
Paul Kelly
Etc..

Just an interesting fact.
<BC1>

Go watch any Donald Cerrone fight. There’s a big chance you’ll see Cerrone get a takedown. He’s got great timing and catches almost everyone off guard.

He’s taken down:

Tony Ferguson
Alexander Hernandez
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Rick Story
Patrick Cote
Alex Oliveira
Ben Henderson
Myles Jury
Adriano Martins
Evan Dunham
Rafael dos Anjos
KJ Noons
Jeremy Stephens
Paul Kelly
Etc..

<BC1>
Let’s just all remember that Conor lasted a few rounds on his back against a angry as hell khabib. I’m not saying he’s a bjj god off his back or anything, but I think he has the ability to survive on the ground for a few minutes here or there with cowboy.

Let’s just all remember that Conor lasted a few rounds on his back against a angry as hell khabib. I’m not saying he’s a bjj god off his back or anything, but I think he has the ability to survive on the ground for a few minutes here or there with cowboy.
Woah woah there, so defensive.
<{pranko}>

Edit: Khabib submitted him when he decided to.

Last edited:
After re-watching some of Cerrone's fights, his wrestling is better than I gave him credit for.
He locks his hands around the hips and then gets to the back, takes guys down from there.

He is masterful at panic grappling. He will probably panic against Conor and “go for the takedown.

He is masterful at panic grappling. He will probably panic against Conor and “go for the takedown.
conor.gif

Didn’t really pan out for most of those fights regardless if he scored a TD tho.

He averages literally 1 takedown per fight

one

It's completely different. You can stall Khabib out as he's trying to punch you in the face on the ground. Cowboy isn't ground and pounding Conor until he gives up his back.
How long did Conor last on the ground with Nate?

Conor is hard to finish even if taken down. Mendes, Diaz and Khabib all had him down and only Khabib finished him and that was deep into the fight (I am disregarding the first Diaz-match here, because that was Conor looking for a way out after realising he couldn't hang with Diaz).

If Cowboy takes Conor down the more likely scenario is that he'll pop right back up and if that doesn't happen, he'll survive until the end of the round for sure.

How long did Conor last on the ground with Nate?

Conor wanted out. He wasn't trying to last on the ground, he was trying to get submitted so the punching stopped. (And I believe tons of fighters do this, let themselves be caught, when they know they're done for, it isn't just a "that one time with Conor"-thing).

He’s taken down:

Tony Ferguson
Alexander Hernandez
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Rick Story
Patrick Cote
Alex Oliveira
Ben Henderson
Myles Jury
Adriano Martins
Evan Dunham
Rafael dos Anjos
KJ Noons
Jeremy Stephens
Paul Kelly
Etc..

<BC1>

which wil make it even more shady when he doesn't even try against mactap, or maybe he'll fake trying one to make it more credible

Cowboy just admitted on hes ESPN interview that hes not going to take conor down, he wants to stand and fight to see how great conors stand up is and if he can take he's punch. So pretty much admitting to not even trying to win.

If he wants to stand, I see him getting Aldo'd/Alvare'd.

All he has to do to win this is move around like Marlon Moraes against Aldo, use leg kicks to hinder Conor's movement and ocasional high/mid kicks to keep distance and the threat of danger. Maybe pop up a jab somewhere in there, shoot for some takedowns when Conor gets tired and go for a submission. There, no need for J&J coaching.

After re-watching some of Cerrone's fights, his wrestling is better than I gave him credit for.
He locks his hands around the hips and then gets to the back, takes guys down from there.
100% His grappling in the clinch is under rated. He has the potential to bully Conor there and drag him to the mat for sure.

Not relevant but remember the first Benson Henderson fight?

The submissions Benson escaped from, what a fight

Over 10 years old now

he does. no top game though

Back