Donald Cerrone Spent $20,000 on Training Camp

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
[YT]IAgu8jdkGdo[/YT]

says he spent 20k on basically training partners, flying guys in and out, feeding and paying them, and that its worth it to spend 20k to get 100k

says that he gets hurt just like everybody else, but he asks himself hwo far away is that injury from his heart, and it pushes him through and makes him fight. that right now hes injured but he doesnt care

I interested to know if that includes everything he has to pay for his training camp .

To me, this is where the opportunity to improve fighter compensation lies. Every fighter under contract with the UFC (or any major org for that matter) should be given an annual "training allowance" salary to help offset these kinds of costs, in addition to their fight purse; consider it a minimum wage. I'm not sure what the number should be, but it should be enough for a fighter to cover at least the bare bones training costs for 2-3 fights per year. Fighters who choose to spend more than that, of course, would be able to at their discretion.

It'll be a good fight, but I think Jury will be in over his head. Cowboy by decision. 30-27.
Nah. Cowboy is a beast, but Jury is long with good boxing. Bad style for Cowboy. I dont know how Jury deals with kicks and knees, but I imagine his defense is pretty good.

Pretty confident in his ability to beat Jury, but I'd love Jury to pull this off.

Wonder what James Toney spent on training camp...

Can you explain how you think Jury will win this? I haven't seen him enough to make an education decision and Cerrone is my favorite fighter so I'm interested.
Nah. Cowboy is a beast, but Jury is long with good boxing. Bad style for Cowboy. I dont know how Jury deals with kicks and knees, but I imagine his defense is pretty good.

Above post is my rationalization. The guy is undefeated and has pretty much ran through everyone he fought with ease.
Diego is a very tough dude and Myles wasnt touched. I dont care if he had the flu, Diego should have put up more of a fight. Finished Gomi in the first with boxing and we know how Nate did the same exact thing to Gomi and then ran through a Cowboy that looked bad.

Also this is Cowboys 5th fight again. The guy can only keep it up for so long

Can you explain how you think Jury will win this? I haven't seen him enough to make an education decision and Cerrone is my favorite fighter so I'm interested.

His pace and footwork are good. He just seems to always be in the right place at the perfect time. Great counters and slips, and his takedown ability is up there in the division. He can put you on your ass very quickly and he seems to land in a great position every time.

I think Donald is just slightly more dangerous and more potent of a finisher, so I'm picking him, but Jury can take this fight easily if he puts the heat on Donald.

EXACTLY what 10000 people said before Cowboy vs Alvarez. Apart from the reach. But people really thought Eddie would box the shit out of Cowboy for 15 minutes. Truth is, while Cowboy remains a slow starter, he's better than when he fought Nate.

I interested to know if that includes everything he has to pay for his training camp .

oh i didnt put, but its in the video. 20k was for the whole thing but it was basically the sparring partners, bringing guys and stuff like that

Above post is my rationalization. The guy is undefeated and has pretty much ran through with ease everyone he fought against.
Diego is a very tough dude and Myles wasnt touched. I dont care if he had the flu, Diego should have put up more of a fight.

Ok I feel like there is a large gulf between Diego Sanchez and Donald Cerrone. Hope it's a good fight!

Cerrone says he brought in top of the line guys. Sounds like he had one of his best training camps yet.

Jurys got this. via decision or tko, he'll dance around cerrone, catch the leg kicks and fire with straight rights that'll put cerrone on his ass.

EXACTLY what 10000 people said before Cowboy vs Alvarez. Apart from the reach. But people really thought Eddie would box the shit out of Cowboy for 15 minutes. Truth is, while Cowboy remains a slow starter, he's better than when he fought Nate.

Ok I feel like there is a large gulf between Diego Sanchez and Donald Cerrone. Hope it's a good fight!
Yeah sorry I explained more in my edited post.

Back