Donaire worse than Mayweather

To start I'm not accusing either Donaire or Mayweather for ducking anyone, but to compare their supposed "cherry picking" to one another is flawed. Mayweather is the biggest name in boxing and has the clout and influence to fight anyone he chooses. He can truly pick anyone, and that opponent will always accept just for the amount of money they'll make and publicity they'll get. Donaire is barely known in comparison to Floyd and an offer from Donaire to fight is not nearly as tantalizing as an offer from Floyd.

I dunno what happened which broke down the potential Donaire/Mares matchup or which side is truly responsible for that fight not happening when it was suppose to but I know the pressure on Donaire to accept a fight against Mares was nowhere near the public pressure Floyd got (and still does) to fight Pac. That's why Floyd gets the bad wrap of ducking opponents (I'm personally not saying that he does, but it's clear a lot of people do), because it's not just the boxing community calling out Floyd for ducking its the general sports public...simply because he really does have the clout to "cherry pick" if he wants to

And as a side note, I think Donaire's resume is very impressive and he has always stepped up to fight the top guys in or around his weight

Back