Donaire worse than Mayweather

jyhgrefffew.jpg

i don't buy this " lineal " argument as to why baldomir was the right fight to make .

we all know tony was better, we all know he was more dangerous than the overachieving ,aging gatekeeper.

i don't buy this " lineal " argument as to why baldomir was the right fight to make .

we all know tony was better, we all know he was more dangerous than the overachieving ,aging gatekeeper.

I dont think you truly mean that and if you do you didnt at the time.
Margarito came out of nowhere calling floyd out. I remember people trying to spin marg as the man who hasnt been beat at 147 but if you paid attention to boxing he just lost at 154 by decision.

Look at floyds career has he lost anyone really coming off a loss. Marg was not that great of a fight at the time. Marg was getting any type of recognition until he beat cotto.

Marg is not a blantant duck it was a blantant who the fuck are you.

eh, maybe you need to refresh your memory bro.

margarito was getting lot of hype ( too much hype actually ) from the media and hardocre fans during that period . it was similar to what's going on with golovkin these days.

Huh, Donaire cleaned out that division. Just lost to the top guy.

Nah, we don't know that. We just assume that because the fight didn't happen.
Baldomir was on a 10 year win streak and had handled Zab, who at the time people thought was going to give Floyd a lot of problems and beat Gatti as dominantly as Floyd did as well as beating multiple guys ranked by the WBC.

Margarito was one or two fights removed from losing to Daniel Santos.

Nah, we don't know that. We just assume that because the fight didn't happen.
Baldomir was on a 10 year win streak and had handled Zab, who at the time people thought was going to give Floyd a lot of problems and beat Gatti as dominantly as Floyd did as well as beating multiple guys ranked by the WBC.

Margarito was one or two fights removed from losing to Daniel Santos.

i'm not blaming floyd for not fighting tony, and baldomir deserved the fight tbh.

i'm simply speaking as a fight fan and wondering which of the two fights could've been more exciting and intriguing for us .

did you seriously want to watch mayweather fight feather fisted, slow ass baldomir instead of margarito back in 2006 ? he wasn't gonna outbox floyd, and he wasn't gonna knock him out ... very predictable .
margarito would've been the heaviest, tallest, and harder punching opponent in floyd's career up to that point , something different for floyd's welterweight debut.
a win over 2006 margarito would've been better than baldomir .

i wouldn't say floyd " ducked " margarito , more like he missed out on a big fight.

Tony was hardly a speedster with devastating power.

Huh, Donaire cleaned out that division. Just lost to the top guy.

I don't get the hate for Donaire..

he could have easily taken the chicken $hit route and avoided a fighter like Rigo...

That was a perfect example of a "High Risk low reward" situtation..

nobody outside of those who follow boxing know know Rigo is...people still don't know who he is.

Donaire agreed to fight Rigo and lost to one of the best active fighters out there.

The hate for Donaire can be chalked up to simple racism.

Looks like some white boys need to get checked.

he could have easily taken the chicken $hit route and avoided a fighter like Rigo...

nobody outside of those who follow boxing know know Rigo is...people still don't know who he is.

Donaire agreed to fight Rigo and lost to one of the best active fighters out there.

I could have sworn when he was fighter of the year, he had beaten the #2, 3, and #4 fighters. Not really sure who TS thinks he is ducking, unless he expects him to move weightclasses to fight guys like Garcia ( doubt it same trainer), Gamboa, or maybe Crawford.

i don't get the donaire hate either,dude has a blistering resume and fought all comers throughout his career .
he rubbed some people the wrong way for some reason.

i enjoyed watching mares get dismantled by nishioka's leftover after people bashed donaire for fighting nishi ( number one in the division ) instead of P4P wunderkind abner mares !!

i don't get the donaire hate either,dude has a blistering resume and fought all comers throughout his career .
he rubbed some people the wrong way for some reason.

i enjoyed watching mares get dismantled by nishioka's leftover after people bashed donaire for fighting nishi ( number one in the division ) instead of P4P wunderkind abner mares !!

Again when Donaire was coming up he fought and beat the best. But when he became champ he has not fought the big fights. Yes he can fight at 130 and probably should. He should have moved up to 126 along time ago. He is one of the most talented fighters like Floyd. Floyd opened up his career with big wins and big fights too but then for some reason the biggest fights were not being made and now people esp Filipino fans are saying he cherry picks. I find the same thing going on with Donaire. Big fights early and now just cherry picking fights that are meant to make him look good. Yes I want him to fight Gamboa, and Craford and maybe Solis, and if it could be done Garcia, and Mares. Big fights. As of now he will fight guys like Arce, Darchinian, Nishioka, Vasquez Jr, and Vetyeka....If you stick up for that then get of Floyds nuts...They are doing the same thing. Actually Floyd has better compition clearly.

P.S Pac never ducked anybody...

yeah, just like that time when he cherry picked that scrub named guillermo rigondeaux , right ?

yeah, just like that time when he cherry picked that scrub named guillermo rigondeaux , right ?

Well to be fair, that fight sort of reinforced what some people were saying about Donaire, considering how badly he got schooled.

I think most of his opponents have been solid but he has taken some shit fights. Darchinyan rematch, Jorge Arce, Rafael Concepcion....

Well to be fair, that fight sort of reinforced what some people were saying about Donaire, considering how badly he got schooled.

i'd say that fight should've put an end to the " duck " accusations.
donaire could've easily ran to the featherweight division with the rational excuse that he couldn't make weight anymore

I think most of his opponents have been solid but he has taken some shit fights. Darchinyan rematch, Jorge Arce, Rafael Concepcion..

none of the fights deserve THAT much criticism .

darchinyan 2 was a rebound fight.
arce was his fourth fight in 2012 . can you really blame the guy for taking an easy payday before a dangerous fight vs rigo ?

the guy had one , if not the best resume in the sub-lightweight divsions . his career is unfairly put under the microscope because some magazine had him in its top 3 P4P.

eh, maybe you need to refresh your memory bro.

margarito was getting lot of hype ( too much hype actually ) from the media and hardocre fans during that period . it was similar to what's going on with golovkin these days.

Didnt say there wasnt hype but no one outside of hardcore knew who he was. Ya floyd blantantly duck a nobody that beat nobody at that time

IDK about racism, but it's true, Donaire get's way to much shit for having one of the finest lower weight resumes in recent memory. Honestly, I think it stacks up pretty well All time too, certainly in the lower weight classes.

While we're at it, Nishioka was also an awesome fighter, I miss him

IDK about racism, but it's true, Donaire get's way to much shit for having one of the finest lower weight resumes in recent memory. Honestly, I think it stacks up pretty well All time too, certainly in the lower weight classes.

While we're at it, Nishioka was also an awesome fighter, I miss him

I was kidding about the racism comment...

I was just looking for any excuse to use the term, "checking white boys."

Pretty spot on. I like Donaire but I had Rigo kicking his ass.

Back