Donaire worse than Mayweather

Yeah. I'm actually pretty cool with his brother. He shot his pregnant gf and got away with it. Was hooked on pills for a while, too, but I'm pretty sure he's clean these days. I don't care if I get dubs for fighter bashing, dude is a giant POS. There's more but I won't put it on here...

I remember that story. I don't have a great idea of what actually happened, but from what I've read on forums here and there, he legitimately shot her in the stomach and somehow only got 2 years? Was there more to it than that, or what?

He was a pretty talented fighter regardless of being a shitty human being. It's funny how he gets mentioned in Mayweather ducking threads from time to time pretty much exclusively because of that minute and a half sparring clip. He did have a decent LW campaign back in the early 00s before a lot of his other issues overwhelmed his career.

You can actually make a better case for Pacquiao ducking Casamayor than Mayweather doing so. Neither are particularly compelling cases, though. Casamayor was a damn good fighter.

Timing was slightly off for a Casamayor fight but thats a fight I always wanted to see.

As for what it'd mean to Floyd's legacy, not much seeing as he doesn't get a whole lot of credit for destroying Corrales.

Timing was slightly off for a Casamayor fight but thats a fight I always wanted to see.

As for what it'd mean to Floyd's legacy, not much seeing as he doesn't get a whole lot of credit for destroying Corrales.

It would have been interesting, but unfortunately for Casamayor (who is one of my favorite fighters of the 00s), I think the style clash would clearly favor Floyd. Casamayor actually handled Castillo almost as well as Floyd did which is very impressive. Castillo had greater success against Casamayor, but he had all kinds of trouble tracking Joel down and getting started (and Castillo always seemed to fight as if he was going 15 rounds instead of 12 in the sense that he often took too long to start doing his work).

yeah, a lot of this whole "floyd ducked (tszyu/johnston/freitas/casamayor) stuff is just floyd being briefly able to fight them, and people spinning it way out of control

yeah, a lot of this whole "floyd ducked (tszyu/johnston/freitas/casamayor) stuff is just floyd being briefly able to fight them, and people spinning it way out of control

I never said Floyd ducked any of them. It is just unfortunate that those fights didn't get made. The Stevie Johnston fight should have been made but it was really early in Floyds career. Would have been an amazing fight back then. The Casamayor fight would have been an amazing fight too. It's ashame that those fight never came together.

As for ducking. Floyd definitely ducked the Spadafora fight. I don't think it was because Floyd was afraid of him either. I would have put a lot of money on Floyd, but Paul did earn his shot, he talked his way to a shot, and added a lot of intrigue with a good sparing session. That fight should have happened. Also, stop justifying the reason that its ok for them not to fight because Floyd would have won anyways. With that bad logic Floyd should have just retired years ago because he is gonna win anyways..Floyd clearly ducked Margo and Pac. He ducked Pac because he said he was on Roids.." I ain't getting in the ring with that guy, have you seen what he is doing in there. He looks like he is on that East Side Meth. I'll pass"

Hatton and Tszyu fought each other rather than fight Floyd.

lol @ floyd ever ducking margarito

I've debunked that myth several times.

If he ducked MArgarito by fighting Oscar instead, then sure.

No one in the boxing world, NO ONE, would have chose to fight Tony instead of Oscar.

Hatton and Tszyu fought each other rather than fight Floyd.

exactly, there was a brief moment in time where a mayweather/tszyu fight COULD theoretically have happened, but then Tszyu lost to Hatton instead. People will then try to blame the whole thing on Floyd for whatever reason when realistically, it couldn't have really happened.

From what I recall, Mayweather vs Hatton was closer at 140 than Tszyu/Floyd but Hatton chose Tszyu. And that was probably the best move Hatton ever made.

I've debunked that myth several times.

If he ducked MArgarito by fighting Oscar instead, then sure.

No one in the boxing world, NO ONE, would have chose to fight Tony instead of Oscar.

He chose Baldomir over Tony. And yes he did duck Tony and Paul Williams at 147

Baldomir was the lineal welterweight champion when floyd fought him, lol.

From what I recall, Mayweather vs Hatton was closer at 140 than Tszyu/Floyd but Hatton chose Tszyu. And that was probably the best move Hatton ever made.

probably, with that said, had Hatton elected to fight Floyd, it probably would have been at 140, and quite possibly in his real prime (the Hatton we saw that showed up to fight Tszyu). So I think that while Floyd would still have won, it would have been a lot closer.

As Suwoop said.

Baldo was the 147 pound champion.

Be honest, you know as well as I do, had Floyd fought Tony, we'd be arguing right now about why he ducked Baldomir. You know it.

Tony at that time was coming down from 154, where he was a failure and beat Lujan, Cintron and Gomez at 147. He beat Clottey a month after Floyd fought Baldo, then lost his next fight to williams.

Donaire is really protected, Arum wants him to be the next Filipino Superstar. Too bad they chose a wrong opponent, Rigo schooled him bad and just like that all the hype was gone. See how mad Arum is to cuban boxer?

Anyway, I think if he fought Mares when everyone thought that Mares is a special boxer, he would just pick him apart and maybe get a KO. (because we all know style makes fights)

whats this got to do with floyd? In this day and age you can make your case against anyone

I like how you conveniently leave out that pac ducked paul lol
Pac is the biggest cherry picker in recent memory especially when he went up in weight.

As for Paul Williams, he promptly lost to Carlos Quintana after his signature win over Tony. 1 month after Floyd came out of retirement to fight the higher ranked Ricky Hatton. That fight never made sense.

I like how you conveniently leave out that pac ducked paul lol
Pac is the biggest cherry picker in recent memory especially when he went up in weight.

and this has to do with... what again?

Well, yes. If you consider fighting the lineal champion and the biggest money fighter in the sport over a simple titlist as ducking. Chances are, if you consider that ducking, you're a true seeker of the absolute truth of any situation. Of course, no one would ever consider you a fan with motives anything other than searching out the truth of any situation.

Back