Donaire worse than Mayweather

downeykids

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I get tired of both Pactards and May fans but I get what is said about May. I think his resume is fine but he never really had the big fights that were more dangerous for him. Usually Champs have trouble finding competition like the Klits and Tyson and even RRJ. This was not the case with Floyd. He never fought Stevie Johnston, Frietes, Casamayor, Spadafora, Tszu, Margo, and Pac....He does have some nice names on his resume tho. He gets criticized for cherry picking esp by Filipino fans.

So now comes Donaire, and he comes up and is KOing people left and right. At that point he becomes known and a headliner< he starts getting milked. He has trouble making BW but they still keep him there so he can pick on little people even tho he is a bigger man. He should have jumped to 126 but no, not the little precious...He must go fight non dangerous fighters at 122 and he has trouble with the weight there as well. Finally he is up in weight but still no big names. When Mares came challenging, Donaire couldn't be heard speaking his name. Every time somebody mentioned Mares he got the look like he was being pulled over by the police.

Donaire is not getting any younger and now he has to rematch the man who beat the man. He should have just gone to Indonesia himself for the fight against John. At this point I don't want to hear anymore about Floyd from Filipino fans unless your gonna criticize Donaire the same way. Cherry picking, protecting and no big fights looming. Waste of talent

Whats this got to do with Manny Pacquiao?

tyson marquez, darchinyan , nishioka ( jhonny gonzalez's daddy ) , montiel ...are all very good names.

and lol at the notion that donaire was scared of mares, dude a made a career out of decapitating reckless guys like him.

this whole "Donaire's got a weak resume" thing is a bunch of crap

Darchinyan, Montiel, Darchinyan, marquez, Arce, Narvaez, Nishioka, that's one of the best resume's in recent memory, particularly in the lower weight classes

this whole "Donaire's got a weak resume" thing is a bunch of crap

Darchinyan, Montiel, Darchinyan, marquez, Arce, Narvaez, Nishioka, that's one of the best resume's in recent memory, particularly in the lower weight classes
Bingo! AND Rigondeaux! a VERY dangerous fight I never thought he should've taken.

Last edited:

what? I thought it was too early for him, publicity wise, he was just starting to get some shine on the P4P lists, a fan attraction etc.getting mentioned in the same breath as Pacman as one of the TWO Filipino great boxers. And look whats happened to him now that he lost. We barely hear shit about him now. There was buzz about the kid before that fight. Sure guys take risks for the sake of acheiving greatness Im all for it. I just didnt see it as a good match-up for him and a career derailer.

oh you edited the post, i thought i quoted when you just said "and rigondeaux!"

I get tired of both Pactards and May fans but I get what is said about May. I think his resume is fine but he never really had the big fights that were more dangerous for him. Usually Champs have trouble finding competition like the Klits and Tyson and even RRJ. This was not the case with Floyd. He never fought Stevie Johnston, Frietes, Casamayor, Spadafora, Tszu, Margo, and Pac....

:eek:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I mean, I can understand faulting a fighter for not fighting some of the greats of his generation i.e. Mayweather/Pacquiao, Leonard/Pryor, Bowe/Lewis, Tyson/Tua.

But Mayweather vs. Johnston? Spadafora? Casamayor? Come on, man.

OP this is actualy a Mayweather fan forum disguised as a boxing forum.

I mean, I can understand faulting a fighter for not fighting some of the greats of his generation i.e. Mayweather/Pacquiao, Leonard/Pryor, Bowe/Lewis, Tyson/Tua.

LOL exactly...I thought the same thing. Only Manny is the one we can say he should've fought and didn't/hasn't/wont.

Casamayor was an elite fighter for a long time. He'd be one of the best names on Floyd's resume without question. His career never really aligned with Floyd at the right weight at the right time, though. Neither did Johnston's. Floyd didn't duck either of them. lol at Spadafora's name coming up.

So if you Donaire huggers read my post I clearly state that Donaire was Koing fools left and right. Those were big names that put him on top as a main event attraction. It's really after the Montiel fight has disappointed. Why has he not done what people want Mayweather to do? Fight the best and most dangerous opposition. He hasn't. He did fight Rigo but has utterly been protected. I mean he fought Vic in the rematch way way too late when Vic couldn't be a threat anymore. What a joke and waste of a fight. for anybody actually mentioning Arce on the menu your credibility will be dismissed. Arce was way past his days. That is the same as Mayweather fight Sharmba Mitchell.

As for mocking the names of Stevie Johnston who was an absolute beast back in the day, Casaymoar, and Spadafora...Lets see who he chose to fight instead? Victoriano Sosa? Henrely Bruseles? Sharmba Mitchell? Goyo Vargas? Oh yeah those are much better opponents.

Here is the thing, Pac fans are Donaire fans and they hate on Mayweather but Mayweather has a superior resume compared to Donaire. I read that Donaire had a great resume in recent memory. Yeah coming up he made a name for himself but since the Montiel fight he has been embarrassingly protected. They ran from Mares. I told all my friends about this guy and he has just disappointing. The one big fight he had he got tooled. He ran in the 12th round. So try again Sherdog. You guys need to admit his career is being mishandled at this point.

Stevie Johnston was a very good fighter. Mayweather was never in a position to fight him, though. When Mayweather did move up to LW, he fought the man who bested Johnston, Castillo, and then gave him an immediate rematch after their first controversial fight. You can't just throw out names of good fighters generally around the weight and then claim Mayweather ducked them because the fights never happened. Mayweather and Donaire are not names that should be mentioned in the same sentence. Donaire was a fun fighter coming up who regularly cut massive amounts of weight and looked spectacular against certain types of fighters. Mayweather has been a dominant fighter in the sport since 1998 and hasn't lost during that period (during that period, he has fought more than 20 top 10 rated fighters). Different class of fighter.

You can actually make a better case for Pacquiao ducking Casamayor than Mayweather doing so. Neither are particularly compelling cases, though. Casamayor was a damn good fighter.

Casamayor was an elite fighter for a long time. He'd be one of the best names on Floyd's resume without question. His career never really aligned with Floyd at the right weight at the right time, though. Neither did Johnston's. Floyd didn't duck either of them. lol at Spadafora's name coming up.

I grew up with that idiot.

Spadafora? I've only really heard bad things about him outside of his boxing ability. Did you know him personally?

Yeah. I'm actually pretty cool with his brother. He shot his pregnant gf and got away with it. Was hooked on pills for a while, too, but I'm pretty sure he's clean these days. I don't care if I get dubs for fighter bashing, dude is a giant POS. There's more but I won't put it on here...

Back