Don Frye on Ronda Rousey, Women's MMA, Fixed Fights, PED's, Mustaches,William Shatner

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Don Frye over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]TpqAT8V_W28[/YT]

Some of the Topics Covered:
-Thoughts on Ronda Rousey vs Floydd Mayweather
-Womens fights
-The Takayama fight
-TRT and drugs in MMA
-Fixed fights in Pride
-His commercial with William Shatner and the chick from Big Bang Theory
-Being in a future Expendables movie
-How the Predator's Predictions came about
-When the next episode is coming out
-If he'd ever host his own late night talk show
-Toughest fight of his career
-finding out that his Mustach has a twitter
-His Mustache vs Dan Severn's Mustache
-3 things he'd bring if he was stuck on an island

Floydd Mayweather vs Ronda Rousey
"That's the dumbest bunch of shit I've ever heard in my life. Whoever's saying that is a fucken moron. And They don't even have enough sense not to piss on their feet when they go to the bathroom."

When told that it was Dana White who said it
"What the hell else is he gonna say. Ronda's his bitch. Mayweather would pick up a brick and knock Ronda in the head and bust her head wide open. He's probably got a pistol in his pocket anyways. Come on! Let's use some common sense. The guy's smart enough to have a bodyguard with him. He'd just let one of those guys slap her around."

MMA now, compared to when Don fought
"It's completely different from when I was fighting. When we we're doing Pride fighting, I mean you had that first ten minute first round. That was a big round. Sometime you really can't plan for something like that. I mean, back in the UFC when I fought in the UFC there wasn't any rounds at all. You just went you know, 'till somebody quit, or the referee or doctor stopped the fight. It's pretty much the same thing, it's just, it's gotten softer."

"It's a sport. Back in the UFC, when I was doing the UFC, when I was doing Pride, it was a fight. Now it's a sport."

On Fixed fights in Pride
"I think we only had about one or two fights where the opponent didn't get changed on us a few days before. Hell, when I fought (Jerome) Le Banner in the K1/Pride competition, it was supposed to be somebody else, you know but all of a sudden they said 'well he wouldn't show up, so we got Le Banner'. And they told me 'we just flew him in'. I was like 'he looks fresh as a daisy'."

"There was a bunch of strange stuff going on. On several fights they changed my opponent three or four times."

TRT and drugs in MMA
"No I don't think it's a problem, it's a fight god damn it. If you're gonna fight, fight. Who cares what the guy's taking, you know. It doesn't matter. Get in there and fight."

"Look, if you're gonna demand testing, you're not a fighter. That's all there is to it. You know, if you're gonna demand testing, you're gonna demand the god damn government to take care of your opponent for you, you know that's bullshit. You're not a fighter. Stay on the couch with the women. Put on an apron and make some cookies, god damn it. If you're a fighter, you don't care."

If his mustache is gone
"No man, It's just a cruel joke. It's just you know, you can't believe everything, you know. It's like trying to believe Obama was born in the United States. Some stuff just ain't real."

After the Takayama Fight
"We were walking through there to get to the bus, shoot it's like a quarter mile walk, and we're walking through there and he jumps out of his locker room, like holy shit! He bows to me and says 'Don san, sorry'. I said 'what for?'. He says 'for not giving you a better fight'. (I said) 'If you had given me a better fight you would've killed me'"

"It's a different culture over there in Japan. As part of your contract, they expect you to go to the after party. People pay money to go the after party and rub elbows with the fighters. You don't get much of a chance to eat, but they gave me a lot of drinks. So you get to drink and have a few drinks, and talk to the fans, and talk to the other fighters and you don't end up remembering much, I'll tell you that.

Women's MMA
"They're shit fights. Ronda Rousey hasn't been challenged. If Dana White loves and respects the fight game and the fight fans like he claims he does, he should take a million dollars and pay the person, the woman who beat Ronda Rousey in the Olympics, pay her a million dollars to train her in MMA for a year, and then there, boom. Then that shows how much he loves the sport and respects the fans, you know by brining that broad in there."

One person in the UFC he'd have a beer with and one person in the UFC he'd beat the crap out of
"It'd be the same guy, it'd be Chael Sonnen. It's be the same guy on both answers. I like Chael. He's fun to listen to, fun to watch, but you know, he's full of shit."

This interview gave me chest hair.

Oh, Don... Perhaps a bit off his rocker but you've got to respect him for being a "man's man."

The Sonnen answer is great, it's so true.

hail dan. who cares if you dont agree with anything he says,he rules 100%

i dont know anyone else who would get knocked out cold and do color commentary less than an hour later,slurring his words

or another promotion that would let that happen

The Sonnen answer is great, it's so true.

I like Sonnen too but must people don't have the same view as Don. Many believe everything and parrot what Sonnen says. The guy is playing an outrageous character yet some people believe every word out of his mouth?

Don Frye will always be the man

Fuck I feel more manly just reading that.

he might be a belligerent crazy SOB, but you have to love him. shoots from the hip. one guy you don't want to bump into in a dark alley.

Looking forward to my T levels going up after listening to this one.

he's spot on when it comes to Sonnen, and roids, imo

Don Fry probably has beef jerky, Malboro unfiltered reds and Jack Daniels for breakfast because he's so manly.

And thanks for the Cliffs TS.

thanks for posting. it was a good read. you're a good dude.

The pissing on your feet thing had me in tears. Awesome.

Back