Don’t u love this guy Volk, great personality and an awesome dude all around!

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I hope he makes more money than Conor and Khabib put together because he is as real as they get and doesn’t put a persona on and a very good fighter. I never liked manlet fighters before but this guy is really fun to watch fighting and talking, amazing!

What do u think of him as a whole?

He's a very effective fighter and on paper his resume looks stellar. But having seen most of his UFC matches, can't say I'm a fan. We had a guy like this before, Ben Henderson. He was very adept at nailing those close decisions, being very resilient, but not known for some special killer instinct.

I guess he needs a "Masvidal moment" of some sort to lose the point fighting aura.

He’s a good champ and a good ambassador of the sport. He deserves to make millions.

He's a very effective fighter and on paper his resume looks stellar. But having seen most of his UFC matches, can't say I'm a fan. We had a guy like this before, Ben Henderson. He was very adept at nailing those close decisions, being very resilient, but not known for some special killer instinct.

I guess he needs a "Masvidal moment" of some sort to lose the point fighting aura.
Oh come on, you don't think him going into Ortega's guard and beating the ever-loving shit out of him was killer instinct?
BlondCompetentDromedary-size_restricted.gif

I don't see him being more popular than Max or Aldo.

A hardworking champ getting paid more than those two? Doubtful.

Dude, did you see what he did to Ortega? Thats not point fighting

Benson and his opponents rarely had a scratch on them after 5 rounds.

Can't say the same about Volkanovski or several of his opponents.

That's not even factoring that Volk has faced better more skilled and tougher competition than Benson.

Volk lands more and causes more damage in 3 round fights than Benson in 5. If you can't see that you're just making the comparison to hate.

He's tough as nails, durable, and efficient everywhere in the game. Gonna be tough to beat. Gonna need a steel helmet to get past this guy.

He puts on fun fights though and throws bombs. Max has a legendary chin and Ortega is proven to handle a beating. Volk is no Benson or even GSP when it comes to point fighting.

So I get it you didn't watch the Volk-Ortega fight? Because after that fight is criminal to compare Volkanovski to Henderson, a guy who fought with a toothpick in his mouth and who was so nonchalant that Gegard Mousasi looks like Wanderlei Silva, compared to him.

He's tough as nails, durable, and efficient everywhere in the game. Gonna be tough to beat. Gonna need a steel helmet to get past this guy.
His title reign could last a while. I really hope your guy AJ McKee comes over soon, that would be a battle for the ages.

His title reign could last a while. I really hope your guy AJ McKee comes over soon, that would be a battle for the ages.
Wouldn’t count on it with Coker at the helm lol. But UFC has a couple of guys who would be tough. Maybe if Topuria can keep winning I feel he could be a tough match up.

Yup, I like him, and I love how he wants to fight ASAP again, no time off, most of these fighters want 18 months off these days with mysterious injuries and problems. He seems like a real fighter, not a flash in the pan which is basically most of UFC roster. Keep it up

So I get it you didn't watch the Volk-Ortega fight? Because after that fight is criminal to compare Volkanovski to Henderson, a guy who fought with a toothpick in his mouth and who was so nonchalant that Gegard Mousasi looks like Wanderlei Silva, compared to him.
If Volk displayed anything in this fight, it was otherworldly resilience. I was ready to tap just from looking at those momnets. However, in my opinion, accidental head clash influenced the tide of the battle a little too much. In other words, Volk again withstood best shots from a dangerous opponent to win on points.

Volk's been throwing hands since the beggining, stopped for Aldo and Max, and kept throwing hands after

Miniature tank with reach to make up for it

Back