Don’t forget, you have to beat the champion convincingly.

Don't tell me what to do, I don't give a shit either. If I want to argue with you I will do.
The rest of your post is nonsense. You think a champion starts with a 1 point advantage at the start of each round? Just because idiot commentators say something is true in MMA and have said so in boxing before that doesn't mean it's true.

Where's a statistical analysis of multiple close title fights where the champion got the win when everyone other than the judges thought they'd lost? If it was a real thing someone would have proved it. Just because there are occasional fights where it appears that that happens it doesn't mean it does. The same nonsense gets said about home fighters getting a home advantage with the judges. Bisping beating Hamill, a blatant hometown decision but the English judge was the one who scored all 3 rounds to Hamill it was the 2 who weren't home town judges who gave it to Bisping.

MMA and boxing myths exist. Repeating them over and over doesn't make them true.
Triggered. I didnt read that bullshit

not saying you're wrong, but can't remember any.
He may be able to point out some examples to the contrary but anyone in denial that champion bias has existed for longer than they have is arguing for the sake of arguing. It's one thing not to agree with it. Arguing it doesnt exist though, yeah I'm not going back and forth with a fool

Triggered. I didnt read that bullshit

Yawn, of course you did but you know I'm right so you had no comeback. If you didn't read it why reply. And if you didn't read it how am I triggered? I could have been agreeing with you but you'd have to read it to know I wasn't.
Henry Cejudo beat Demetrious Johnson by split decision so how does that one work then? Did they forget that you need to beat the champ comfortably or that they were meant to favour Johnson or does it just show all this BS is BS.
People like you here make me laugh but there have to be some clueless fucks to make everyone else look better.

Yawn, of course you did but you know I'm right so you had no comeback. If you didn't read it why reply. And if you didn't read it how am I triggered? I could have been agreeing with you but you'd have to read it to know I wasn't.
Henry Cejudo beat Demetrious Johnson by split decision so how does that one work then? Did they forget that you need to beat the champ comfortably or that they were meant to favour Johnson or does it just show all this BS is BS.
People like you here make me laugh but there have to be some clueless fucks to make everyone else look better.
Read the above. I hate repeating. I am not going back and forth with anyone that hasnt figured out champion bias exists and definitely not reading that gibberish. Also I dont care l who agrees with champ bias or thinks it shouldn't be.

Read the above. I hate repeating. I am not going back and forth with anyone that hasnt figured out champion bias exists and definitely not reading that gibberish. Also I dont care l who agrees with champ bias or thinks it shouldn't be.

You read it though didn't you and the previous post that you claimed not to read.
And you're still wrong, just because you claim it's true it doesn't mean it is and for every claimed bias towards a champion there are plenty of examples where champions lose close decisions which confirm it's nonsense.

You read it though didn't you and the previous post that you claimed not to read.
And you're still wrong, just because you claim it's true it doesn't mean it is and for every claimed bias towards a champion there are plenty of examples where champions lose close decisions which confirm it's nonsense.
No I didnt friend sorry to disappoint. I read the first line and when its false I tune out

That rule had always been silly to me. If anything the opposite should be true. A champ shouldn't eek out a win
Ya it's not a rule or a tradition at all. It's what shady individuals and fanboys use to defend a corrupt or inept decision

That's nonsense. You just have to beat the champion. Plenty of examples of razor close decisions that have gone to the challenger.
Well it is bullshit I can only actually think of 3 examples of "razor close decisions" that went too the challenger off the too of my head. Penn/ Edgar 1, MM/ Cejudo 2 and in the time it took me to write this I've somehow forgotten the 3rd which was the first one that came too mind and clearest example, lol, WTF.

I can think of tons going in favor of the Champ though which I believe is why this fallacy persists in combat sports fans minds.

theres no clinching a split decision against the champion, especially one of a decade. You have to put do it convincingly.
Tell that to Reyes and Gustaffson fans... And Jones haters.

theres no clinching a split decision against the champion, especially one of a decade. You have to put do it convincingly.

That's been the saying, but its kind of an odd one, I wonder how it started. Few sports think that way. For instance, you don't have to beat the defending Superbowl Champ convincingly to become champ, or even to knock them out of the play-offs. Same for Olympic sports, etc.

I'm guessing it has something to do with boxing promoters having put a lot of advertisement money and effort into the current champ, and wanting to preserve that as long as possible.

not saying you're wrong, but can't remember any.
Oh well here are a couple of examples:
Frankie vs Hendo 1, Penn vs Edgar 1, DJ vs Cejudo 2. All close title fights that went to the challenger.

Tell that to Mighty Mouse.
The single best move ever made by the UFC was to get rid of Mighty Rat. He was boring and Cejudo is fun to watch and calls out everyone. Cejudo has done far more and we don’t have to hear that p4p BS to try to sell us his fights.

Well it is bullshit I can only actually think of 3 examples of "razor close decisions" that went too the challenger off the too of my head. Penn/ Edgar 1, MM/ Cejudo 2 and in the time it took me to write this I've somehow forgotten the 3rd which was the first one that came too mind and clearest example, lol, WTF.

I can think of tons going in favor of the Champ though which I believe is why this fallacy persists in combat sports fans minds.

Frankie vs Hendo 1 and Cruz vs TJ are some other examples. But I agree there are a lot of examples of the title remaining with the champion which is why a lot people do erroneously think that it is somehow a an actual rule for the reigning champion to keep the belt if the fight is close, which is just not he case.

Frankie vs Hendo 1 and Cruz vs TJ are some other examples. But I agree there are a lot of examples of the title remaining with the champion which is why a lot people do erroneously think that it is somehow a an actual rule for the reigning champion to keep the belt if the fight is close, which is just not he case.
Not so sure about either of those examples.

Dom was still basically considered the uncrowned Champ having never lost the belt as well as being regarded as the best in the division and Bendo clearly won the first Frankie fight, he clearly lost the rematch though, haha.

Speaking of Frankie, if Grey didn't beat him convincingly in their second fight ( first for the belt) I don't know what beating a Champ convincingly looks like.

Round 1 should have been a 10-7, RD.2 a 10-8. Yeah Frankie came back and out volumed him in the second half if the fight but not enough too make up for the shit kicking he took in RD.1 or the 1 sided beating in RD.2.

Nobody ever really talks about that fight but it's got too be one of if not the biggest Robbery in title fight history.

did reyes really won ? i mead yeah bouhou he won 3 rounds, but he was getting fucked up in the 4th and 5th if he won it would be a dogshit win just lol at removing the belt from the controversial cashcow jone jones at his lowest shape (vegan bitch diet, off cycle ...)

IN YOUR DREAMS YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE CHAMP

that's why fighting isnt a sport. Its just fighting.

Imagine beating Usain Bolt in a 100m race, only for someone to say, nope you only beat him by this much, sorry bud.

Back