Don’t forget, you have to beat the champion convincingly.

themiketoth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
theres no clinching a split decision against the champion, especially one of a decade. You have to put do it convincingly.

That's why Reyes loses 48-47, while he actually won 48-47.

either way, no rematch. it was hard enough to sit through 25 minutes of that.

That's nonsense. You just have to beat the champion. Plenty of examples of razor close decisions that have gone to the challenger.

That rule had always been silly to me. If anything the opposite should be true. A champ shouldn't eek out a win

No you don't. The whole myth of "you have to beat the champ convincingly " or that the judges somehow favor the champ is BS to me. When they go into a fight it's 0-0 and a fresh start. The champ shouldn't get any benefit of the doubt. Now if it's a draw or split draw or something then the champ retains the title obviously.

That's nonsense. You just have to beat the champion. Plenty of examples of razor close decisions that have gone to the challenger.

theres no clinching a split decision against the champion, especially one of a decade. You have to put do it convincingly.
No you don't. You just have to beat him.

Company decision.
UFC bought for 4 billion.

Judges want to keep their jobs.
UFC is turning into boxing.

Theres always been someone with this dumb ass saying (its not a rule) as long as I have been alive and there always will be.

Company decision.
UFC bought for 4 billion.

Judges want to keep their jobs.
UFC is turning into boxing.

Pretty sure everyone was convinced reyes won that fight. But Jones is just blessed by higher powers because he should be 0-2 right now.

Lol, people say this shit like it's written in the judging criteria or something.

So basically you have to end the fight because if you go to a decision, no matter what happens you will not win?

Dumbest fucking shit that too many people parrot out. If you win 3 rounds to 2 rounds, you don't give the champion a win when he clearly lost.

Theres always been someone with this dumb ass saying (its not a rule) as long as I have been alive and there always will be.

I was convinced.

You don't have to completely dominate the champion, you just have to clearly get them and Reyes clearly won that fight... 1,2,3

THIS SHIT IS MORE RIGGED THAN BOXING 3-2 FOR DOMINICK EASILY, 3 FIGHTS THAT THIS BUM JONES GET AWAY WITH A ROBERY

No you don't

That's the excuse they use for rigged decisions

He did. He outclassed him 3 out of 5 rounds. That should make Reyes the winner...

Props to Reyes for fighting with heart for the 1st minute of every round.

if you win a race by one inch you are still the winner. fuck that shit

Someone missed the thousands of discussions on sherdog about this. That 'rule' applies to boxing, not MMA

Back