Dominicks movement in the ring ?

Laza cds mma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Would he have problems implementing his movement in a square ring ?

Yes he would. He would have to switch to line dancing footwork.

He would be fine.

His moves are actually very boxing oriented.

williepep.gif

Article:
http://www.fighttips.com/dominick-cruz-advanced-footwork-drills/

No, he's quick enough to cut off even elite guys and not get trapped in a corner. No ordinary fighter could just pull it off, I find Dom a master of his stance

He might do better in a ring. Contrary to what they guy above said, cutting off the ring isn't all about speed, IMO.

EDIT: Oops, @RiseAboveHat either edited or i mis-read the first time. I agree

Just watch Lomachenko. Similar lateral footwork.

The BJJ SCOUT Video was really good at comparing his style to traditonal boxing techniques but the UFC took it down I see.
6JFvU6z0.png

What a bunch of clowns.... that video was great

6JFvU6z0.png

What a bunch of clowns.... that video was great
Without the Video, People will think your trolling probably... Video was great made me respect Dom on a different level. He really watched old tape and incorporated some famous boxing techniques into MMA unlike few others have.

He might do better in a ring. Contrary to what they guy above said, cutting off the ring isn't all about speed, IMO.

EDIT: Oops, @RiseAboveHat either edited or i mis-read the first time. I agree
No worries. I was also gonna say I think he would do better in a ring. Imagine The Dominator in the prime of PRIDE. If only

It would be easier for him due to more limited angles, plus the ropes is more favorable than the cage for speed-guys.

The elite guys with power would be a much bigger problem for him.

His movement may be confusing to his opponents but it has enough random elements to it that he gets tagged a bit, because of random movements meeting each other.

He'd be better. It's much easier to cut off a ring, since it has nice tight 90-degree corners, than the Octagon, which has angles of 135.

Back