Dominick telling Garbrandt he will knock him out is ridiculous

Cody has never been in a 5 round fight, is hittable, and untested. Cruz could definitely tire him out amd KO him in the later rounds

Dunno why people hate on Cruz for his style, I love watching the dude fight. Defensively brilliant and his level changes are some of the best in MMA. His style doesn't allow him to commit to power strikes very much and that's a good thing, his style has worked so far and it wins him fight, would be stupid for him to brawl and swing for the fences, only to get hurt. He did rock Faber and Cody DID get knocked out before. I see a decision, 49-46, after Cody slows down.
War Dom.

most likely another derailed hype train...

#aluminum bless

He just can decision people, please stop already Dom

Does Cody actually have a tendency to slow down? Seems like people think he is going to. I havent paid enough attention to his fights to know if he has faded in later rounds.

Either way, i want Cody to get pieced up as Dom would say. Cruz has power. He faces top level competition all the time, so he doesnt get the finishes that often. But when he took a step down in competition in Mizugaki he destroyed him. I expect this to happen to Cody.

When they fight, someone is going to sleep, either Cruz or the audience.

All I know is that this will either be Dom's easiest defense or his toughest.

"Cruz has tremendous KO power in both hands"
- Joe Rogan

I am hoping that Cruz embarassess Cody like Jouban did to Perry.
Or worse.
Would be another episode of Real Bully Beatdown, lol.

Well, I agree that Dom knocking Cody out is extremely unlikely. Cruz doesn't have a lot of power and his type of fighting really doesn't even put him in the position to get KOs even if he did.

I could see Dom taking him down and mounting him later in the fight and getting a TKO from unanswered strikes, or MAYBE Cody rushing in trying to pressure him and running into something.

But Cody has very very little chance of catching Cruz. He will be swinging at air for 25 minutes while Dominick picks him apart. 50-45 Cruz is by far the most likely outcome.

You're right. That would be like Bisping knocking Rockhold out cold.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Dominick knocking Cody out is unlikely, but it's a whole lot more likely than the Dillashaw fight.

Cody is all boxing, no kicks, don't be surprised if Dom catches Cody behind the ear with a shot a la Faber III, you just never know.

I don't really trust Cody's chin either, he has that feel of someone who will crumble under pressure.

A well placed elbow head kick or knee wrecks anybody Dom is not going to one punch KO him thats for sure

Dom doesn't run. He's literally moving forward for most of his fights.

Dom will catch him coming in hot. Cody is going to be emotional as hell & Dom being healthy again is only making him stronger...as we've seen since he's been back. If Dom doesn't KO him in the first he'll finish him in the fourth after wearing him down. Can't see Cody lasting.

I see a lopsided decision... what in Dom's history suggests that he will finish Garbrandt?

Back