Dominick Reyes' current condition

I'm speechless. That was a rough couple of years, my friend. Hope you are in good shape now.

Fair warning to others: ignore, incoming:
rant/ :)
I didn't suffer grievous accidents, so I cannot relate 100%. Worst thing was meningitis as a child, and being given 0 chances to ever be anything else than a vegetable for the rest of my existence. I remember my reaction to light, touch etc. Me being able to function today is a miracle and I attribute it to a higher power. I don't want to feed any trolls, but for me it was God. To this day, it's unexplained how I instantly "snapped out of it", after a modest prayer. The second worst thing waking up during surgery - that was right after my 3rd birthday (they wouldn't open a younger child in my condition) - and feeling I'm choking with my own blood (it was neck surgery); the pain I don't remember. Just the choking and seeing people around the surgery table. The anesthetist did his job and I slipped back into sleep.

Other than that, most of the adversity I had to go through dealt with the mental side - losing multiple family members at a young age - both me, and them I mean, being way too young for that; people that lived responsibly, were A+ dudes...but...rare diseases; as a child, I lived for years expecting each day to be the last one for one of them. What almost killed me mentally (if not in, but bordering depression) was a "no fault" divorce that came out of nowhere (after more than a decade of marriage) and put me out of commission for a long time. Now this last one brought some auto-immune stuff, was a hair away from ulcer, 4 months of conjunctivitis that would not respond to any treatment...and other stuff; running from doctor to doctor, until I had a moment when I said "enough is enough" and either something supernatural happens, or I'll die waiting for it. The whole thing almost drove me mad. But, in the end, things were taken care of - not by me, and not by doctors. Money...I didn't even count the loss of money. I still don't care about them. I'm fine.

Anyway - this whole thing shaped me a LOT. I'm a different from the guy that even joined Sherdog back in 2014. You won't find me on someone's profile anymore asking about who that chick is. I'm also on that no fap time, I was that close to fall back into my old P addiction during the whole debacle. It just isn't for me, I know myself well - it wouldn't be even if I were the staunchest atheist, Buddhist, Muslim or whatever - of that, I am sure. Today I give back, I help others (regardless of their world view) to deal with pain in a more constructive way.

Anyway...all the best, my friend! Stay safe, to the best of your abilities :).

/rant
Damn man.
I'm gonna think about all this and respond when I have my thoughts in a more or less straight-line.

(Prob in a PM since this thread is about Reyes and I don't wanna drag it too far off-topic.)

It was one of those new age suits with extremely tapered pants. It was actually fairly classy. Why he ore that right after a fight is beyond me

I didn't watch anyone's post-fight speech but that of Reyes.

Dunno, man, I'm pretty old school: I like to dress nicely, or smart-casual, but DOOOO keep away from me, as a man, anything resembling skinny jeans (or whatever pants). Just as much as I'll accept anyone's right to wear a sack cloth (if it makes them comfortable), I hate those things with a passion.

:)

[L.E.] Maybe not just old school, but old as well :D.

Damn man.
I'm gonna think about all this and respond when I have my thoughts in a more or less straight-line.

Feel free to PM me, if you're inclined to, anytime. Don't feel "pressured into" answering just to reciprocate.

Who knows? Maybe someone else stumbles upon our posts one day and it helps them realize they have the potential to be tougher than they ever imagined.

This was a lovely chat (and thread derailment I can get behind, but it's enough).

I didn't watch anyone's post-fight speech but that of Reyes.

Dunno, man, I'm pretty old school: I like to dress nicely, or smart-casual, but DOOOO keep away from me, as a man, anything resembling skinny jeans (or whatever pants). Just as much as I'll accept anyone's right to wear a sack cloth (if it makes them comfortable), I hate those things with a passion.

:)
I wont say skinny. Just extremely tapered but if you pu tapered pants on chicken legs I guess skinny is a fair assessment

I wont say skinny. Just extremely tapered but if you pu tapered pants on chicken legs I guess skinny is a fair assessment

I see. I'm not really a fashion connoisseur either, so I'll go by your assessment: it's as good as mine, as far as I'm concerned :).

So, Jon Jones did the most damage. Dana White stated that Reyes had to carried around backstage. Now, we have visual evidence from Reyes himself.

Back