Dominick Reyes' current condition

Could be compression from some sort of heat or ice pack wrapped on it at some point..?
I guess maybe.
It's quite odd. Thin sharp lines of hematoma. Like it was inflicted with a narrow-edge implement.
I've had ....a very large blunt force trauma to my leg (road accident, hit by front of car hard, flew thru the air, etc) and it sure went BLACK the entire leg but it didn't have any sharp edges or anything like that.

You're an idiot. Body mechanics doesn't let them fidget like a midget and transition their body weights well enough to have them do a lot of techniques that otherwise lighter guys don't have so much problem with.

lightheavyweights can't throw a fucking jab - low kick? are you ok man? have you ever watched kickboxing or even other mma fights? do you smell burning hair?

No injury roadblock to a rematch.

It wasn't as clear live how much his legs were beat up. It might've been a reason his movement faltered as the fight progressed.

Reyes was limping noticeably after the fight. The leg kicks will be one of the things his team will have to address, he was checking them less than Jones was.

Hopefully we get the 2nd fight by Summer.

Okay, but something's still unclear to me...

I guess maybe.
It's quite odd. Thin sharp lines of hematoma. Like it was inflicted with a narrow-edge implement.
I've had ....a very large blunt force trauma to my leg (road accident, hit by front of car hard, flew thru the air, etc) and it sure went BLACK the entire leg but it didn't have any sharp edges or anything like that.

Ouch. I guess you bounced back in no time, like a spring chicken, right? (I can't imagine one of us majestic creatures being KOd by an airbag, so I won't even ask.)

Two questions:
1. Was black ice involved by any chance...?

2. More importantly...did you put a balm on?

Lol Man never seen Reyes face so sliced up a after fight his nose was on the other side of his face and he was limping. Guess Jon really put it on Reyes.

Ouch. I guess you bounced back in no time, like a spring chicken, right? (I can't imagine one of us majestic creatures being KOd by an airbag, so I won't even ask.)

Two questions:
1. Was black ice involved by any chance...?

2. More importantly...did you put a balm on?

no it was a broken femur. Emergency surgery, bolts in my leg just below the hip-ball.
I DID stand up after I landed, and then when I saw my leg wasn't pointing in the right direction I lay back down again.
Leg went black from knee to hip. Just....black.
I was just happy to avoid amputation via arterial damage etc. That can happen. Some nerves were severed and they partially recovered.

No ice, no rain........ just.....another driver who wasn't looking out of his windshield.

no it was a broken femur. Emergency surgery, bolts in my leg just below the hip-ball.
I DID stand up after I landed, and then when I saw my leg wasn't pointing in the right direction I lay back down again.
Leg went black from knee to hip. Just....black.
I was just happy to avoid amputation via arterial damage etc. That can happen. Some nerves were severed and they partially recovered.

No ice, no rain........ just.....another driver who wasn't looking out of his windshield.

I could not allow myself to hit "Like" after what I read. Dang, man, could've been much worse. Puts things...life in perspective. Happy to have you here today, share a word or two and spread some positivity.

Does your leg function normally, since you mention nerve damage? Pain? This is the kind of thing for which - although I hate a society with appetite for lawsuits etc. - where someone has to pay. Next time, they WILL pay attention to their surroundings...

You went through a lot and are probably tough as nails (not that someone gave you a choice). Hespect!

I could not allow myself to hit "Like" after what I read. Dang, man, could've been much worse. Puts things...life in perspective. Happy to have you here today, share a word or two and spread some positivity.

Does your leg function normally, since you mention nerve damage? Pain? This is the kind of thing for which - although I hate a society with appetite for lawsuits etc. - where someone has to pay. Next time, they WILL pay attention to their surroundings...

You went through a lot and are probably tough as nails (not that someone gave you a choice). Hespect!
Yeah thanks man.

That was 4 months on crutches. It was a long haul.

But unfortunately that was not the worst of it. One year later, more or less to the day, I had another accident, far worse, different limb, and honestly I'll take the broken femur over the following accident any day (extreme pain, 6-hours reconstruction surgery, lotta bolts and plates, 2-year recovery, fucked up PTSD stuff etc). The broken femur was a walk-in-the-park in comparison, no joke.

Edit : The leg is fine now. Was a long time ago, over 10years. It's a bit shorter than the other one (about 2cms, bit more than half an inch), so mild Trendelenburg Gait issues.

Last edited:
"MRI came back negative"

Im glad he didnt suffer any serious injury

Meanwhile Jon Jones is at home dancing and doing cocaine. Miles away from an hospital. Tells me everything i need to know

<JonesLaugh>

By that retarded logic then Gus whooped the fuck out of Jones bad in their first fight and won easily. He was the one who went and visited Jones in hospital after the fight.

No, but it definitely goes against the whole "Reyes did more damage" theory...

It's funny. Fans always bitch that judges don't count leg kicks enough yet fans are often the first ones to ignore them. They only notice kicks a lot if someone ends a fight with one.

Jones legs were just as beat up if not worse. Did you see he could barely take a chair in the post-fight conference. His legs were ballewns for next week and half Im sure of it.

i'm still salty as fuck about not getting the immediate gus rematch

i hope we get this one i can't think of anyone at lhw who is a better fight for cocaine jones

Yeah thanks man.

That was 4 months on crutches. It was a long haul.

But unfortunately that was not the worst of it. One year later, more or less to the day, I had another accident, far worse, different limb, and honestly I'll take the broken femur over the following accident any day (pain, 2-year recovery, fucked up PTSD stuff etc).

Edit : The leg is fine now. Was a long time ago, over 10years. It's a bit shorter than the other one (about 2cms, bit more than half an inch), so mild Trendelenburg Gait issues.

I'm speechless. That was a rough couple of years, my friend. Hope you are in good shape now.

Fair warning to others: ignore, incoming:
rant/ :)
I didn't suffer grievous accidents, so I cannot relate 100%. Worst thing was meningitis as a child, and being given 0 chances to ever be anything else than a vegetable for the rest of my existence. I remember my reaction to light, touch etc. Me being able to function today is a miracle and I attribute it to a higher power. I don't want to feed any trolls, but for me it was God. To this day, it's unexplained how I instantly "snapped out of it", after a modest prayer. The second worst thing waking up during surgery - that was right after my 3rd birthday (they wouldn't open a younger child in my condition) - and feeling I'm choking with my own blood (it was neck surgery); the pain I don't remember. Just the choking and seeing people around the surgery table. The anesthetist did his job and I slipped back into sleep.

Other than that, most of the adversity I had to go through dealt with the mental side - losing multiple family members at a young age - both me, and them I mean, being way too young for that; people that lived responsibly, were A+ dudes...but...rare diseases; as a child, I lived for years expecting each day to be the last one for one of them. What almost killed me mentally (if not in, but bordering depression) was a "no fault" divorce that came out of nowhere (after more than a decade of marriage) and put me out of commission for a long time. Now this last one brought some auto-immune stuff, was a hair away from ulcer, 4 months of conjunctivitis that would not respond to any treatment...and other stuff; running from doctor to doctor, until I had a moment when I said "enough is enough" and either something supernatural happens, or I'll die waiting for it. The whole thing almost drove me mad. But, in the end, things were taken care of - not by me, and not by doctors. Money...I didn't even count the loss of money. I still don't care about them. I'm fine.

Anyway - this whole thing shaped me a LOT. I'm a different from the guy that even joined Sherdog back in 2014. You won't find me on someone's profile anymore asking about who that chick is. I'm also on that no fap time, I was that close to fall back into my old P addiction during the whole debacle. It just isn't for me, I know myself well - it wouldn't be even if I were the staunchest atheist, Buddhist, Muslim or whatever - of that, I am sure. Today I give back, I help others (regardless of their world view) to deal with pain in a more constructive way.

Anyway...all the best, my friend! Stay safe, to the best of your abilities :).

/rant

Last edited:
Jones legs were just as beat up if not worse. Did you see he could barely take a chair in the post-fight conference. His legs were ballewns for next week and half Im sure of it.
He said his pants were to tight. I know it may sound sketchy but they looked it. Especially right after a fight

No injury roadblock to a rematch.

It wasn't as clear live how much his legs were beat up. It might've been a reason his movement faltered as the fight progressed.

Reyes was limping noticeably after the fight. The leg kicks will be one of the things his team will have to address, he was checking them less than Jones was.

Hopefully we get the 2nd fight by Summer.

He caught that work from the GOAT...

He said his pants were to tight. I know it may sound sketchy but they looked it. Especially right after a fight

Eh, I remember when fighting was not only a ruffian's deal; imagine being a gentleman and fighting while doing your best to keep fashionable in scrubbed trousers:
main-qimg-40c60c4a2535d8df9062dffa1bb2d97f

There:

(I posted this before, I'm always looking for good reasons to do so :D.)

Eh, I remember when fighting was not only a ruffian's deal; imagine being a gentleman and fighting while doing your best to keep fashionable in scrubbed trousers:
main-qimg-40c60c4a2535d8df9062dffa1bb2d97f

There:

(I posted this before, I'm always looking for good reasons to do so :D.)

It was one of those new age suits with extremely tapered pants. It was actually fairly classy. Why he wore that right after a fight is beyond me

@7:34 Jones exiting and backstage

@8:32 Reyes exiting and backstage

UFC 247 didn't seem to be one of those nights.

Tho, I do think Jon edged Reyes, victory and good energy feels better. Reyes losing a tough, close fight makes the pain and brusing feel a lot worse.

Back