Dominick Cruz's Training Partner Says TJ vs Dominick Cruz 2 is Set for December

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Regardless of the outcome TJ > Cruz.

TJ will win this though, fairly easily. Dom fans will still cry and say that Cruz wasn't in his prime anymore.

This post is a perfect example of why I hate TJ and his fans. Not only is TJ down 0-1, but if he goes down 0-2...he’ll still be better in your mongo minds and we will continue to have threads about how TJ is REALLY up 2-0.

Dom won’t ever make an excuse, but be real. While Dom is only a year older than Tyler Jeffery, he has way more fight miles on him than Silly Dilly. He is a fighter who relies on speed and footwork and he is fighting on two reconstructed knees and a questionable foot/ankle. You TJ doofs will put Dom and his accomplishments down, unless TJ wins. Day after that Dom will be one of the greatest all time MMA fighters.

Why would the UFC want Cruz anywhere near a belt at this point

Cruz fans are sweating right now. Cruz is no where near as athletic as he was in their first fight and TJ has massively improved his boxing. I actually challenge Cruz fans to post their bet if the lines show Cruz as a big underdog.

I'm not sure they both do. Cruz never really lost his ranking. He was the greatest 135er ever, and he only loss in 10 years is to Cody. By default, Cruz must be ranked the #1 or #2 contender in the 135 division.

Not that what I just said doesn't suck for Assuncao or Moraes, because they've basically done everything they can to earn a title shot ... just none of the top 2 will fight them (Cruz, Garbrandt).

Considering Assuncao beat Moraes last year, I believe they should rematch. This would clearly establish a #1 contender to fight the Cruz/Dillashaw winner. And Cruz/Dillashaw should have no rematch, because either Dillashaw will be 0-2 against Dom, or Dom will be on an 0-2 skid. Neither case warrants another title fight.

You seem to completely discount the fact that Cruz has been inactive for nearly two years, and has not beaten any of the current top BW contenders (for comparison, TJ went through Assuncao and Lineker before challenging for the title again).

Not sure why you think he should be ranked #1 when Cody beat him decidedly.

I think Cruz needs a top 5 win before challenging again for the title. Imho he should fight Rivera as originally planned, you can't just go from pulling out of a fight to a TS, especially when Assuncao and Moraes are active and beating top BWs out left and right.

Last edited:
This post is a perfect example of why I hate TJ and his fans. Not only is TJ down 0-1, but if he goes down 0-2...he’ll still be better in your mongo minds and we will continue to have threads about how TJ is REALLY up 2-0.

Dom won’t ever make an excuse, but be real. While Dom is only a year older than Tyler Jeffery, he has way more fight miles on him than Silly Dilly. He is a fighter who relies on speed and footwork and he is fighting on two reconstructed knees and a questionable foot/ankle. You TJ doofs will put Dom and his accomplishments down, unless TJ wins. Day after that Dom will be one of the greatest all time MMA fighters.
Lol salty Dom fan spotted. Cruz hasn't even finished one of his FOUR title defenses ... that's right. One of the greats? 4 UDs and half of them were against non top contenders at the time. Cruz isn't even top 10 all time. Off the top of my head, GSP, Hughes, Aldo, DJ, DC, Stipe, Fedor are higher.
If the lines come out and Cruz is an underdog (which he probably will be) let's see you post money on cruz and show the forum how much of an expert you are.

great .. another chance for Dom to log jam the division ...

dude admitted he wanted to circle.jerk the belt between him, dilly , and cody ..

gifted another shot .. what a joke

Lol salty Dom fan spotted. Cruz hasn't even finished one of his FOUR title defenses ... that's right. One of the greats? 4 UDs and half of them were against non top contenders at the time. Cruz isn't even top 10 all time. Off the top of my head, GSP, Hughes, Aldo, DJ, DC, Stipe, Fedor are higher.
If the lines come out and Cruz is an underdog (which he probably will be) let's see you post money on cruz and show the forum how much of an expert you are.

<36>

I think tj is going to connect this time

He doesn't want Cody to have this over him

Cruz was thoroughly beat by Cody, now he is skipping competition to fight TJ after a loss.

Thing is, Cruz is a terrible champion. He doesn't fight. Why offer some a titleshot off a loss when they can injure themselves and waste months of marketing and make title contenders kill each other off? Then if he gets the belt, he is known to be sitting around and injured defending it once every two years.

How short sighted can WME be?

Im a huge Cruz fan. I think he should be retiring.

If he beats TJ, TJ should retire

He already beat TJ, let the division move on

Hasn’t finished a defense? He’s finished one fight in the last ten years. He’s one of the worst finishers of our time.

Moraes has finished more top 10 guys in the last 9 months than Dom has in his career.

Moraes better not miss the shot owed to him over a Cruz rematch. Absolutely joking aren't you?

So fucking lame dude.

Cruz has been avoiding non title fights with real contenders for years now. He should at least have to fight Assuncao.

I don't care about who is better, but Cruz doesn't deserve a TS after a loss, a pull-out and 2 tears of inactivity. This fight is just stupid.

Lost your last fight? Here's a title shot!
Missed weight your last fight? Here's a title shot!
Got finished in your first title defense? Here's another title shot!
Been inactive for a year? Here's a title shot!

What a fucking shit show the UFC has become.
<{cruzshake}>

Post of the fucking year

Not deserved but I hope Cruz takes it.

I don't care about who is better, but Cruz doesn't deserve a TS after a loss, a pull-out and 2 tears of inactivity. This fight is just stupid.

I agree. I think Marlon is the number 1 contender. However its not one that makes me angry. Dom is an all time great and the history between the two, and the champ trying to avenge a loss.

eh, lame. as people already said, cruz hasn't fought in a while and there simply better people to put before him. moraes coming from a quick KO win of rivera. also assunção too

Back