Dominick Cruz would destroy Barao

Barao is fantastic, don't get it twisted, but he is very methodical and tries to figure out his opponent.

No way he figures out Cruz.

He gonna keep ducking until someone dethrones barao

I agree, it's like 60/40 assuming his knee doesn't affect his takedowns or movement.Even ignoring the injury Barao has never fought anyone as good as Cruz, ever lol.

He's not coming off a two year layoff though. Plus, he beat Faber more decisively then Cruz did.

Cruz has been off for too long and I don't know how that knee will hold up with all that movement.

God you people are stupid. He didn't look great tonight, but have you ever seen the guy fucking fight before? He's really, really, REALLY good.

A fight between the "2 champs" would be competetive, not sure who would take it but talking as if Barao wouldn't have a good chance is just fucking cluelessness.

We will see Barao dancing in the end of this fight hahah

But Cruz is a great fighter, this injury is terrible to his fight style, not just because of the layoff

2eekdpi.gif

Barao is a way better fighter than Cruz.

LOL based on what exactly? His bum leg won't last long against barao.

I agree, it's like 60/40 assuming his knee doesn't affect his takedowns or movement.Even ignoring the injury Barao has never fought anyone as good as Cruz, ever lol.
That isn't really true. He has fought Faber, who defeated Cruz once and held his own in their second fight in a losing effort.

He also defeated legitimate contenders. Those would have been the guys Cruz would have fought had he stayed healthy.

I'm not saying Cruz is going to get blown away. I think his absence and the general forgetfullness of the average MMA fan has led towards some ill will or dismissing of how good Cruz is.

It is definitely a hard one to call. Cruz has a chance, but let's not pretend Barao isn't legit.

I think we just have to compare the Faber performances, really.

Cruz wouldn't have won before he blew his knee...with the injury it's a whitewashing.

Cruz simply isn't that good.

Based off of this fight I agree, but if you watch Barao's fight with Faber and Cruz's win over Faber, then you might feel like it's a little more competitive of a matchup.

Back