Dominick Cruz Wants Cody Garbrandt

WHO TAKES IT?

• Total voters
Cruz. Too soon for Cody. And Cruz knows this, hence the call-out.

What Johny?
Why you don't like Cody?
I don't dislike him necessarily, I think he's talented and very exciting. But I have been a Cruz fan for many years. Don't think I could root against Dom unless he happens to fight Edgar one day.

Shit.. I mean.. I guess..?

I'm on the Warbrandt train and I'm not so sure about this one. Think it's a year or two too early for him. I like that he's going after the king of the division and all that but two more fights wouldn't hurt.
The UFC shouldn't rush this guy, he's a potential gold mine.

Shit...
Agreed. Give Cody a couple more fights of higher ranked guys before he fights Dom. I think it'd be a good fight now but Dom would win. In a couple years it could be a very close fight.

I knew you liked black guys.

giphy.gif

Naaah, you know I don't but if that makes you feel better about why I don't like you. :)

If I'm Garbrandt, I'm definitely not wasting my youth waiting for Caraway to accept a fight.

I don't dislike him necessarily, I think he's talented and very exciting. But I have been a Cruz fan for many years. Don't think I could root against Dom unless he happens to fight Edgar one day.

Ok.
I change my question
How do you like Cruz?

He does have a ton of big fight experience, has fought big names. I'm afraid his chin might be slipping, and in his past few fights he hasn't looked the same guy. Shopworn and a lot of miles on the tires. Not a fan of Cody though so Mizu winning wouldn't bother me a bit lol.

I think Cruz kind of stole his mojo, but im hoping that since he's back in the win column and since he's had some time to himself that he'll be as good as ever. He seems to be in great shape and spirits from what I've seen on his Instagram.

The mizugaki that easily out struck Cisco would steal a decision against Cody. I don't even think Cody has the grappling advantage here.

I'm not a Cody hater by the way, I picked him over Almeida, but mizugaki has shown a lot more skills than anyone Cody has fought before.

I doubted Cody once before and make a crack about his tattoos.

When he replied smiling and laughing I knew he was an okay guy. When he smashed the shit out of Almeida all my doubts stopped right there.

He's young, mentally strong, charismatic, and likely will beat Cruz with his speed.

Of course Duckinick Cruise wants a young guy with very little experience. Wants an easy title defense just like a couple of other lame UFC "Champions" these days. The "moneyfight era" is shaping up to be shit.

Lol @ this dude talking about other people being overly emotional. This is the guy who wants to get in fights with Bisping after they disagree about a fight analysis and seems like he pumps himself up when he needs to take a piss. "You're the best pisser in the world, Dominick, they don't believe you are, but you are. You're going to dominate this toilet right now. You're the best, man. You piss like no one else pisses. Let's DO THIS!"
Bet one drop never hits the seat.

Last edited:
I think Cruz kind of stole his mojo, but im hoping that since he's back in the win column and since he's had some time to himself that he'll be as good as ever. He seems to be in great shape and spirits from what I've seen on his Instagram.

The mizugaki that easily out struck Cisco would steal a decision against Cody. I don't even think Cody has the grappling advantage here.

I'm not a Cody hater by the way, I picked him over Almeida, but mizugaki has shown a lot more skills than anyone Cody has fought before.
Excellent reasoning behind your logic, per usual. You might well be right. I'm just afraid that as you put it, Cody's speed power and youth will be the deciding factor.

Huge Cruz fan but I'm really getting tired of fighters calling out easy fights. Cody has beat two people with Wikipedia pages. Almedia is decent but he's not that great. He's fringe top 10 and he was literally the perfect style for Cody to beat. A super wild sloppy Muay Thai fighter with shit defense and has been rocked several times vs a boxing coutner striker.

Cruz should be fighting TJ, that was a super close fight. I gave it to Cruz, but TJ just beat the #3 guy behind Cruz and TJ, he should get the rematch.

Here we go with all the cody haters, just like the ones who were on the Almeida bandwagon how he´d KO Cody stiff lmao. You don´t know shit.

Cody Garbrandt is GOAT, 10000$ on him first round KO. Cruz is sloppy, got no movement, and terrible footwork. Got a gift robbery by Dillashaw who played with Cruz.

Need my odds good, so go bet on Cody, he´s the man. Bet on him, believe in him. And then come back tell me i was wrong or thank me for makign your rich.

Ok.
I change my question
How do you like Cruz?
LOL. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I love him. The guy is a maestro, I like his technique and style though admittedly not everyone does.

I also feel he's an overachiever. Not the biggest, strongest, or the hardest hitter, but he gets it done. That's not even counting his comeback to win the belt after numerous injury woes. Inspiring.

Cody is going to knock him dead, watch. And if TJ faces Cruz before that he will win. You heard it here first.

LOL. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I love him. The guy is a maestro, I like his technique and style though admittedly not everyone does.

I also feel he's an overachiever. Not the biggest, strongest, or the hardest hitter, but he gets it done. That's not even counting his comeback to win the belt after numerous injury woes. Inspiring.
He also seems like the biggest asshole of all time. Wouldnotbefriendswith/10.

Great fighter though.

TJ is much slicker than Cody, and he could barely hit Cruz. I really hope they don't rush Cody into a fight with Cruz. He needs more time to develop before he steps in with Cruz. He has a punchers chance, but that's about it. They definitely need to give TJ his rematch.

Back