Dominick Cruz vs. Conor McGregor

panzer723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's say a Featherweight Superfight,

I can't wait for for the Fight and Trash Talks if this happens.

Make it happen Baldy!

I think McGregor would KO Dom. The size difference is too great. It would make it harder for Cruz to successfully mix in takedowns, which is a pretty big part of his strategy.

I doubt Conor would drop down to 145, especially when there are more potential money fights at 155 and 170

If it does happen the size difference would be overwhelming

Ever....people just can't wrap their heads around this for whatever reason

How do you know he won't?

His team said two weeks out from the Alvarez fight his weight was lower than for some 145 fights. And maybe he drops down to fight Aldo for the belt. But then again, if he's not motivated to fight Aldo, who else is there aside from Holloway.

When he was cutting down before the Aldo fight, he didn't have Lockhart doing his nutrition. Now he is, Kavanagh mentioned it'd still be hard but easier than past weight cuts.

Ever....people just can't wrap their heads around this for whatever reason

I would bet like 95% chance he will never fight at 145 again, but then, if he loses 3 in a row at 155, why not?

Dream on pal. Conor is much too health conscious to do that again.

I agree that it is VERY unlikely, but if he loses 3 in a row at 155, he might miss his big paydays and need something drastic to make some big money again.

Tell me at any time prior to 2014, at the height of his career or at any weight, would you have EVER imagined BJ Penn fighting at 145?

Dream on pal. Conor is much too health conscious to do that again.

I don't think that's the issue - but from the way they were doing that weight cut in the past couldn't have being good for the organs.

Think it's more a case of fights that appeal to him.

Conor would be the favorite against Cruz. Cruz can beat Conor, but it'd have to be by points, which means he'd have to stay sharp and on his toes the whole twenty-five minutes without any room for error because Conor can land that perfect shot at any moment. McGregor has power, precision, reach, and speed, and that makes him a very dangerous foe for Dominick.

Cruz versus McGregor trash talk would be something of pure beauty...probably not meant for this world.

Love them both...that being said, McGregor takes it.

This is one of those fantasy fights that will never take place, much like the Spider vs Bones fight a lot of people wanted to see.

I agree that it is VERY unlikely, but if he loses 3 in a row at 155, he might miss his big paydays and need something drastic to make some big money again.

Tell me at any time prior to 2014, at the height of his career or at any weight, would you have EVER imagined BJ Penn fighting at 145?

Yeah, but given how he blew up in between fights, getting down to 145 would have being hard for him. He's had a long break from his 3rd or 4th retirement now and isn't fucking about in Hawaii.

One reason why Conor could get down to 145 is because he stays lean all year round. Now he has someone monitoring his calorie intake and what and when to eat, I don't see why he couldn't go down again.

Bored of these Dom vs Conor arguments.

Conor clowned everyone at 145 whilst being much larger. Dom's struggled with a couple of 135'ers. Going up 10lbs to fight a natural 155'er would be a big pay day and nothing else, Conor would ice him.

Bored of these Dom vs Conor arguments.

Conor clowned everyone at 145 whilst being much larger. Dom's struggled with a couple of 135'ers. Going up 10lbs to fight a natural 155'er would be a big pay day and nothing else, Conor would ice him.

The shite talk beforehand could be interesting in theory - but I can only see it being Conor relentlessly asking Cruz about his 'numbers' and Cruz talking about his reign at BW and Conor not defending a belt.

Cruz' best bet is to try and get on his and a Rousey card in the future.

Colin has no chance against Dom

McGregor is all wrong for Cruz. Far too big and long and strong with more knockout power than Cruz has ever felt. Faber dropped him. Add in about 5 inches of height and 8 inches of reach and way more power and better boxing.

I think McGregor would KO Dom. The size difference is too great. It would make it harder for Cruz to successfully mix in takedowns, which is a pretty big part of his strategy.

I think Cruz would see Conor's punches coming from a mile away. He's use to evading punches from far faster fighters.

McGregor is all wrong for Cruz. Far too big and long and strong with more knockout power than Cruz has ever felt. Faber dropped him. Add in about 5 inches of height and 8 inches of reach and way more power and better boxing.

Conor is one inch taller than Cruz and if the fight took place at FW, Conor would have only 5-10lbs on Cruz come fight night. Cruz comes in at 155lbs on fight night for BW fights, he'd likely be 160lbs fight night for a FW fight, which isn't a big FW, but not a tiny one either.

Back