Dominick Cruz Post Fight

Sllohcin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Firstly, Cruz vs. Garbrandt was one of the best fights I've seen in a looooooong time. A big part of it (for me) was that I wasn't really following the division and I walked away from the fight near stunned.

I simply didn't know. I was living under a rock.

Congrats to the both of them. I've become a fan of both fighters.

Secondly, Cruz's post fight scrum was / is probably the best media event I've been privy to. He is a true athlete and this all coming from a defeat is simply insane. I don't think I've ever heard a more articulate and truthful competitor address the happenings of their competition the way he did.

Anybody else have any examples of the same? Are there any other close fights where the winning or losing fighter was not just humble but also educated in their win or loss?

Hunt losing to Brock showed how Hunt is level headed

so Conor saying Nate was the bigger fighter is making excuses but Dom keep repeating that they swinging with 4 oz gloves isn't?

Dom still stating that Cody is dumb for no reason at all is not class

so Conor saying Nate was the bigger fighter is making excuses but Dom keep repeating that they swinging with 4 oz gloves isn't?

What does Nate / Conor have to do with my question?

*** Also, I actually understand what Conor was saying when he lost. Sure he talked a lot of smack but the size comment is a real thing. He was saying that he simply didn't realize / experience how his opponent's size can affect his own power output. I've been in the ring many times and 10 pounds+ and / or a bigger frame definitely does make a difference at a trained level of competition. Even in boxing when I've had a guy that weighed over 10 pounds more than me (and bearing down on me and pushing his weight on me when we were clinching or near clinching - as he was almost 4 inches taller than me) it was exhausting... almost leg buckling exhausting after 2 rounds. I hit way, WAY harder than he did but it was probably my toughest test of stamina I've ever had in the ring (and he seemed to absorb my punches better than others - he was a big boy at over 240 lbs. where I'm at 215 lbs.)

I don't know what kind of rock u lived under... But u clearly hit rock bottom

What does Nate / Conor have to do with my question?

*** Also, I actually understand what Conor was saying when he lost. Sure he talked a lot of smack but the size comment is a real thing. He was saying that he simply didn't realize / experience how his opponent's size can affect his own power output. I've been in the ring many times and 10 pounds+ and / or a bigger frame definitely does make a difference at a trained level of competition. Even in boxing when I've had a guy that weighed over 10 pounds more than me (and bearing down on me and pushing his weight on me when we were clinching or near clinching - as he was almost 4 inches taller than me) it was exhausting... almost leg buckling exhausting after 2 rounds. I hit way, WAY harder than he did but it was probably my toughest test of stamina I've ever had in the ring (and he seemed to absorb my punches better than others - he was a big boy at over 240 lbs. where I'm at 215 lbs.)
so my point was Conor was also humble and rational about why he lost, but he never gets credit for it

people kepet on saying he was making excuses, even though he gave valid reasons

To be fair, Cody did say he didn't know how to read till he was in third grade. Now I'm not saying that institutionalized education and their results are a sign of intelligence, but you can kind of see where Cruz is coming from.

Also, why does everything come back to Conor with you? we get it, you like Conor a lot.

Last edited:
so my point was Conor was also humble and rational about why he lost, but he never gets credit for it

He got tons of credit for it on social media and youtube and such, just not on Sherdog because this place is hell.

To be fair, Cody did say he didn't know how to read till he was in third grade. Now I'm not saying that institutionalized education and their results are a sing of intelligence, but you can kind of see where Cruz is coming from.

Also, why does everything come back to Conor with you? we get it, you like Conor a lot.
I'm not saying Cody is a brain surgeon, but he doesn't seem different from most of the participants in this sport. and he was talked down to and patronized by Dom pretty endlessly leading up to the fight. Dom sticking to that script after the fact was a low blow imo

I'm not saying Cody is a brain surgeon, but he doesn't seem different from most of the participants in this sport. and he was talked down to and patronized by Dom pretty endlessly leading up to the fight. Dom sticking to that script after the fact was a low blow imo

I don't know. I just saw it as Dom staying true to what he believed. Would you rather him lie and say he thinks Cody is intelligent? He said lots of positive things about Cody, too.

That's because Sherdog became a warzone. The further the nuthuggers went with the delusion the further the haters went with the hating. It was a war of escalation, it's not over yet and the only respite is when more obnoxious fighters like Platinum or Ronda fight.

That's because Sherdog became a warzone. The further the nuthuggers went with the delusion the further the haters went with the hating. It was a war of escalation, it's not over yet and the only respite is when more obnoxious fighters like Platinum or Ronda fight.

I know right? I really don't get it either, Dom and Cody fought one hell of a fight and I came outta this a fan of both. Dom lost this time but he ain't done. I can live with being a fan of somebody that has a 22-2 record, and that defended his belt for so long. EVEN when he got injured for a long time he came back and got his belt back. I got nothing bad to say about Dom that's for sure. Even if he lost.

I don't know. I just saw it as Dom staying true to what he believed. Would you rather him lie and say he thinks Cody is intelligent? He said lots of positive things about Cody, too.
I just don't think it needed bringing up. No one asked Cruz about Cody's intelligence or supposed lack thereof

I know right? I really don't get it either, Dom and Cody fought one hell of a fight and I came outta this a fan of both. Dom lost this time but he ain't done. I can live with being a fan of somebody that has a 22-2 record, and that defended his belt for so long. EVEN when he got injured for a long time he came back and got his belt back. I got nothing bad to say about Dom that's for sure. Even if he lost.
Exactly. It was an amazing fight, one of the best of the year. A rematch could go either way and we'd be lucky to watch it.

couldnt catch it ?
what did DomCryz say postfight??

My apologies. I did not read your post correctly. I understand now that we actually agree. Sorry skullmaskkid (I see Conor's post fight the same way as you do as well).

Cruz is a solid professional. He took his loss like a man. He's still top 3.

Literally everything is an excuse according to the experts here on Sherdog. Get used to it because you're going to be seeing that shit for many years to come.

A lot of what they say is nonsense to sound better and all of that but there's one thing that sticks in my head that Dom said that no other fighter EVER says after a fight.

They always sound respectful, humble, gracious in defeat but then it comes, the good ol "He was better than me...TONIGHT" or crap like that, always annoys the shit out of me.

Dom flat out said he was 100% and still lost. That's what I take with me.

Back