Dominick Cruz need to get rid of the hopping bunny routine.

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks fancy, looks cool, he has won DESPITE using it in the past, but it is by far just a big mess in his game.

Wasted movement, wasted energy. He has good cardio, don't waste that on stupid ass movement that does nothing for you. Rogan can hype it up all he wants, but nowhere in boxing or kickboxing do they fight like that and there is no logical reason to fight like that in MMA. Cody Garbrandt just showed you the proper way to fight, and Cruz will either evolve or wither away.

I disagree that he should totally eliminate it but I would have liked to see him come out with a more traditonal stance/movement to throw Cody off after nit having much success with it early on

Just a fight ago that fighting style was considered to be the future of mma striking.

Just a fight ago that fighting style was considered the future of mma striking.
Says idiots and sherdog retards. Anyone who has trained boxing in their life could see that Dominick's style is a big mess. Again, he has won DESPITE that style, not because of it.

You wanna see movements with good fundamentals? See Demetrious Johnson. You wanna see an idiot who utilizes his gas tank incorrectly, see Dominick Cruz.

Just a fight ago that fighting style was considered to be the future of mma striking.

Tells you how shitty mma "journalism" and "experts" are, and how gulliable sherdogger are to listen to them

Yeah I was going for Cruz until about 15 seconds in the fight... then I switched to Cody.. just because Cruz kept doing his "spinning his wheels" shit.

Fundamentals over flash.

Hard shots over little pitter patter strikes.

Good at what he does, but needs to be more aggressive. But what do I know
<{cruzshake}>

plus, they aren't random...he has a pattern, and becomes predictable with his little movements.

He didn't even beat Dillashaw with that bullshit he got a wack nod because he does TV shows for them.

It's outdated. Everyone, especially TMA, know exactly how to deal with that style. If you dont evolve, the world of MMA will pass you by. Same shit happened with Machida.

Says idiots and sherdog retards. Anyone who has trained boxing in their life could see that Dominick's style is a big mess. Again, he has won DESPITE that style, not because of it.

You wanna see movements with good fundamentals? See Demetrious Johnson. You wanna see an idiot who utilizes his gas tank incorrectly, see Dominick Cruz.
You're 100% right. I've a history of saying essentially the same thing. Cruz fans who see "genius" in his techinique are special.

Ive never been a fan of Cruz. It was cool to see him come back and win the belt after so many years off and injuries, but let's be real here.. he was never a great striker. His wrestling is why he was able to dominate for so long.. His striking was always boring as fuck, before he got injured Faber was tagging and dropping him in their second fight. I remember the few PPV's Cruz headlined years back, and hating the division because of him. (this was before flyweight)

I agree, his entire striking style is a complete mess. We would have seen many more loses had he not been injured for so long.

Ever think that he might suck fighting traditionally? There's a reason he does it in the first place you know?

Back