Dominick Cruz is the Bantamweight GOAT.

I'll let my bias seep in wherever I want TS, you can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad!

2fbb0u.jpg
Fair enough

Cody had a clear victory against Cruz though

You can lose a fight and still be eligible for GOAT, BRO....

Cruz lost to Cody after his prime, TJ lost to DODSON while he was still green.

if you look at accolades accomplishments and overall impact cruz is hands down the goat bw.

Title defences mean fuckall. It's the names on the resume

Cruz was gifted that decision against TJ, and he got embarrassed against Cody
Gifted how?

He landed more except in the 3rd (19-19 sig strikes), and the 5th. He landed 4 td's in the first 3 rounds and TJ went 0-6...they were brief but in a close round gives Cruz the round. 4th could have gone either way but I gave it to Dom for the better strikes landed....but TJ did get a TD finally. 5th was TJ....

So at best for TJ it would have been 48-47....

TJ isn't the most likeable fighter to a lot of hipster/soyboy Garbrandt fans and nostalgic Cruz fans and because they don't like TJ they don't give him his due.
Cruz's only title defense was against a shot Urijah Faber and clearly lost against the guy TJ stopped twice.
Tj and Dom have the most ufc/wec wins in history at 12 with TJ also having the record for finishes. It's pretty close between who is the greatest 135er yet fans still say Cruz is clearly is the goat which is crazy.

If TJ beats Cejudo/Moraes he's indisputably the 135 goat, with the edge in ufc/wec wins and easily finishes. Now he has the names too

Incorrect saying he only defended against a shot faber.

Cruz defended the belt against Faber before he was shot the first time, he than defended against Mighty Mouse, He won the belt he never lost back from TJ than he defended against a shot Faber. Also when he beat TJ he was coming back from injuries most never come back from and massive time off.

Cruz's belt was also a carry over belt from WEC so you should count those defenses as well

Stopped reading after "Only title defense"

Yeah I would love to see that happen, I was crushed he didn't get the rematch
it really shaped his character, he went back trained his ass off, got 2 top 5 wins to get the belt again against a guy not many gave him a chance, hironically like Barao.

How you cannot be fan of TJ?

Would still lose to Cody
I dont think so...I think TJ has laid out the blueprint in beating Cody...just get him emotionally invested and he will make big mistakes head hunting....when Cody fought Dom he never chased the KO...he was patient and let Dom come to him....in both his fights with TJ he went in for the kill and IQ went to imbecile...why....imo because he was emotionally drawn into it due to the beef with him and TJ.

I think Dom sees that as well...and Dom is a smart fighter, he will beat Cody if they fight again.

The only guy that TJ can beat to make him Bantamweight GOAT is Cruz. But he has to beat him once for it to be a debate. & twice make it definitive. Kind of how GSP did Matt Hughes.

it really shaped his character, he went back trained his ass off, got 2 top 5 wins to get the belt again against a guy not many gave him a chance, hironically like Barao.

How you cannot be fan of TJ?
Thats what I am saying! I met him at ufc 177 and although he is not the warmest dude, it was cool hearing him talk about loving mma. It's inspiring. Not many guys win their belts back

Probably not....it was a clear W for Dom...close and great fight...but right fighter won, and it should not have been a split.

Watching it live I had TJ winning the last two rounds but losing the first three. It was very close but to me that is the greatest comeback in the history of the sport. It was amazing.

Back