Dominick Cruz is the Bantamweight GOAT.

TJ isn't the most likeable fighter to a lot of hipster/soyboy Garbrandt fans and nostalgic Cruz fans and because they don't like TJ they don't give him his due.
Cruz's only title defense was against a shot Urijah Faber and clearly lost against the guy TJ stopped twice.
Tj and Dom have the most ufc/wec wins in history at 12 with TJ also having the record for finishes. It's pretty close between who is the greatest 135er yet fans still say Cruz is clearly is the goat which is crazy.

If TJ beats Cejudo/Moraes he's indisputably the 135 goat, with the edge in ufc/wec wins and easily finishes. Now he has the names too

Dom beat TJ without two knees, and a foot after round 3 after two years of not fighting. You seem to not be allowing that to seep into your goat conversation either.

TJ always comes back in vastly improved in all of his rematches. Assuncao, Barao, and now Cody. Had he gotten the rematch against Cruz that he deserved, I am certain he would have won.

If Tj manage to beat Cejudo, Moraes and Cruz there will not be denying he is the BW goat

Youre a dummy as Cruz would say...

Watch Cruz's prime dude, the guy was stupid fast. Best footwork ever

Prime for prime, Cruz beats DJ 8 outta 10 times.
Other than TJ himself in an incredibly close fight, Dom's best win in his entire career was against Faber...

...and even the UFC version of that was a razor close decision.

You're seeing Cruz through some nostalgia glasses. Thinking he's still the best or even would be in his prime is like people comparing BJ Penn to today's lightweights. It's a new world.

Cruz's big wins are against guys like Benavidez...(fought him twice and once was a SPLIT decision) and he beat mighty mouse back in 2011 and i guess ian mccall once in 2009

I'm not saying he's not great, but there's definitely an "early days of the division" aspect to him. TJ Dillishaw isn't going to split decision against any version of faber....

Dom beat TJ without two knees, and a foot after round 3 after two years of not fighting. You seem to not be allowing that to seep into your goat conversation either.
Not having 2 knees and a foot don't mean anything. The numbers don't lie and Cruz hasn't looked good since that fight and TJ has put on 4 great performances since.

Cruz is still BW goat. TJ has some catching up to do

I think he will eventually tbh

But he isn’t there yet

If Tj manage to beat Cejudo, Moraes and Cruz there will not be denying he is the BW goat
I think if he beats Moraes/Cejudo next there can't be denying. He will more wins, way more finishes, and a similar amount of names

Other than TJ himself in an incredibly close fight, Dom's best win in his entire career was against Faber...

...and even the UFC version of that was a razor close decision.

You're seeing Cruz through some nostalgia glasses. Thinking he's still the best or even would be in his prime is like people comparing BJ Penn to today's lightweights. It's a new world.

Cruz's big wins are against guys like Benavidez...(fought him twice and once was a SPLIT decision) and he beat mighty mouse back in 2011 and i guess ian mccall once in 2009

I'm not saying he's not great, but there's definitely an "early days of the division" aspect to him. TJ Dillishaw isn't going to split decision against any version of faber....

Out of prime Dom came back from a long injury/layoff and took the belt from TJ. If Dom was healthy and 100%, he would have completely dominated TJ.

Cruz was gifted that decision against TJ, and he got embarrassed against Cody

Yeah, he was gifted a split decision victory over TJ and refused to defend against him.

Then he got walked over by Cody who got KTFO by TJ twice. An absolute cake walk for Cody
Gifted? lol that you Duane?
The majority thought Cruz won 4-1 and that is how I scored it...TJ getting one more round in that fight was a joke and the split just showed how bad judging can be....him and Duane talking shit about the loss was pure JJ level BS.

Cruz is older now and may have lost a step....but that fight is the one to make.

I think Cruz is the goat. he did everything wrong vs cody but it's the only fight he made mistakes.

however tj is getting better and Cruz isnt active at all

2fbb0u.jpg

>Defending his belt twice

Against who? Declining Barao(who’s like 1-7 ) and Joe Soto(another guy who’s like 1-7 in the UFC) LOL

And what belt? Technically that was Doms. Barao was just the interim bench warmer when Cruz was out.

Oh right, and ducking TJ to fight a past his prime Urijah Faber who was only on a 1 fight win streak totally made sense.That was super impressive.

Out of prime Dom came back from a long injury/layoff and took the belt from TJ. If Dom was healthy and 100%, he would have completely dominated TJ.
there's a thread about a very similar subject to this on the front page right now. So apparently coming into the first TJ fight, Cody had an injured back and dropped TJ in the 1st round before losing in the 2nd, and people said "imagine how he'd do in the 2nd fight when he's healthy..."

nate diaz beat conor on short notice when he wasn't even hardly training and then people said "imagine if he had a full training camp" *nate himself said that

there's tons of other examples. In a logical world, what you're saying makes sense, but MMA doesn't seem to follow logic.
All I can tell you is if they end up fighting anytime in the next year, regardless of how much time Dom gets to train or whatever, my betting money is going on TJ Dillishaw.

I think Cruz is the goat. he did everything wrong vs cody but it's the only fight he made mistakes.

however tj is getting better and Cruz isnt active at all

Cruz has never been active.

I think if he beats Moraes/Cejudo next there can't be denying. He will more wins, way more finishes, and a similar amount of names
True but I really want Tj to get that W back from Dom, it's still so unfair he lost that fight

Back