Dominick Cruz calls Cody Garbrandt's trash talk "gutless and weak" Faber and more.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KazDibiase, Dec 20, 2016.

1. KazDibiase

KazDibiase "My style is kneeing people in the face."

"I kind of blackout when I talk sometimes, but afterwards I realized I had a tactical answer for every idiotic thing he had to say," Cruz told FloCombat. "It was funny because you could almost read into everything he was going to say because he's not a big thinker. He's the type of guy who has to force everything and there's no real thought put into anything.

"Everything he says is, 'I'm stronger, I'm faster, I'm better looking and I'm this and that,' and that's gotta work, but it's like, 'What's plan B for you guy?' I can match him on all those things and more, and since he doesn't have a plan B I can make him look silly. He really just does that all on his own though."

Although Garbrandt had the louder moments during the segment last Saturday, Cruz was the one scoring hits consistently. The San Diego-based fighter stayed witty and sharp throughout as everything he launched in Garbrandt's direction landed with precision.

Social media platforms lit up during the interview and mirrored Cruz's ruthlessness throughout their exchanges. The end results was Cruz picking up a lot of momentum from a community brimming with excitement to see the two men scrap it out at UFC 207.

"It's like when you are a little kid and you literally repeat what the other person just said," Cruz said. "At a certain point I thought he was making us both look dumb because he was so bad at speaking. I would say something and he would just start yelling loud noises at me because he didn't want me to get my thought out.

"It actually reminds me of [Urijah] Faber because that was Faber's tactic. Anytime we had a press conference or a media scrum where we were supposed to exchange points every time I would start talking he would just start screaming nonsense over the top so I couldn't even say what I wanted to say.

"What you get is me trying to talk and these other people screaming absurd things over top of me and it kills the interview," he added. "It's a spineless, gutless and sad approach that's very weak."

Cruz's signature style is one built on elusive movement, and he is confident Garbrandt won't be able to figure out the puzzle he presents inside the Octagon.

"Everybody gets hit when they fight," Cruz said. "In every single fight I've had I've been hit. What I'm saying is that I'm going to get hit far less than I hit him and that I can guarantee. He's not going to hit me or connect as much as I'm going to hit him and the point is to win this fight. My finish will come when my hand is raised in the air and I walk out of the Octagon with my title yet again.

"That's the finish I want and anything else is just the cherry on top. And I see that coming to fruition very soon. I have 12 days and I'm in outstanding shape going into this fight. I have no injuries and this is my third fight this year. I just have to show up, trust my instincts and let everything flow."

Garbrandt is not only the most recent star to emerge from the squad, but perhaps TAM's final hopes of landing a UFC title. That said, Cruz doesn't feel like the upcoming matchup matters in the greater scheme of the feud because he believes his victory over the group has already been solidified.

"This rivalry has been done, man," Cruz said. "I think after I shut out Faber in this fight and sat him on his butt twice, and him realizing everything he's said about me over the past 10 years has been completely off and wrong; I put an end to this thing. This right here is just to put a stamp on it and have some fun by beating up a guy who has been talking way too much and is trying to cash a check he can't cash because he just doesn't have it in him.

"I'm going to prove that in this next fight. On New Year's Eve I'm going to beat the hell out of this dude and I can't wait for it."

http://www.flocombat.com/article/49...pineless-gutless-approach-from-cody-garbrandt

Drake and Rex Poppa Pump like this.
  2. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt Yellow Card

I think Cruz is going to have a worse mental break then Ronda did when she lost

I pray for him

3. Croo67

Croo67 Purple Belt

He uses the same trash talk for all the Alpha Fail members: Talk to them like they are children, and watch them act as such.

somocjcsom and Coconut Joe like this.
  4. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    Lots of guys want Dom to bang their girl, so he sounds extra cool to them.

In the mood for stimulating conversation? Look no farther than Alan Jouban's gorgeous ass. <7>

5. bigbangspiritbomb

bigbangspiritbomb Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I hope Cody sleeps Cruz. He just bugs me.

6. trblesome1

trblesome1 Silver Belt

7. Mixed

Mixed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Cruz is overrating his own trash talk. He blacks out sometimes? LIke it's that intense for him?

All he has to hold onto is Cody's low IQ because he knows Cody has full capacity to fuck his shit up.

8. markg171

markg171 Gold Belt

Funny, because my friend who watched the segment said they were both terrible and that it was the most cringe inducing segment he's ever seen. And then a non-MMA related blogging site I follow even picked up this trash talking segment and literally wrote a trash piece on how terrible they both were and awkward it was because it was so bad.

Typical MMA circlejerk fest I guess if the "MMA community" loved it and thought only Cody looked bad.

9. Coconut Joe

Coconut Joe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Why are all the members of TAM so fucking dumb?