1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dominick Cruz calls Cody Garbrandt a "attention whore" and a carbon copy of Brian Bowles.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KazDibiase, Dec 23, 2016.

1. KazDibiase

KazDibiase "My style is kneeing people in the face."

“There are cameras around and he knows it. It’s not hard to find me. That’s what you’ve got to understand. All this ‘we bumped into each other’ stuff is not we bumped into each other. It’s he goes and looks for me and finds me because he wants camera time, This guy loves the limelight. He loves attention. Look at him, he’s just begging for attention in everything he does. He wants attention, attention, attention.

“So he finds me because I’m the champion and I’m the guy who he wants to fight and I’m the guy that can get him the most attention in the division and he knows where I’m going to be at. Why? Because I’m doing my job. I’m working. I’m doing something he doesn’t do. I’m doing more than just talk. I’m following through with action. I’m doing my job and it’s easy to find me. All you’ve got to do is find where FOX is at. He goes and he looks for me and he goes and makes a bunch of loud noises and screams and yells and tries to look as tough as he can and that’s how he’s gotten in this position. Well I see right through that. He just wants attention. It’s nothing more than that.”

“He wants to fight me because I’m the ticket to the most attention he can get. I’m the ticket to how he gets paid the best, according to the division obviously so that’s what he wants, He’s too immature and too dumb to understand that part of things. It’s just him, him, him, ‘I need attention, I need to look cool, I need to look tough’ and that’s the end of it.

“It’s all a big facade. Really that’s what it comes down to. He finds me and makes a bunch of loud noises around me and that’s how he got put into this position. It’s really common sense if you think about it. If you think about it, there’s no reason for me to go looking for a guy that’s No. 6 of the bantamweights. He talked himself into this. He asked for this ass whooping I’m going to give him and so that’s what I’m going to do.”

Cruz reveals that his beef with Garbrandt actually goes back even further to his last fight against Urijah Faber at UFC 199 this past June.

“I literally got done beating up Faber and was walking back to do my interviews with FOX, well it’s pretty easy to find me back there obviously. You know I’m coming from the cage, you just run over to where I’m at and you just start talking, but he kind of made it all about him right away,” Cruz revealed.

“He gave no respect. It was just ‘hey I’m here, you better get my belt ready’ and this and that. I get that he’s trying to promote and I get that he’s mad that I beat up his coach but it just shows how immature and how much he just needs to take a beating and how badly I need to beat him up. I literally got done with a fight and he was already trying to fight me again. It just showed what a wuss he is to me. It just showed how weak he is to me. I want to prove that. Right off the bat it got me watering at the mouth to put a beating on him because I think he’s an idiot.”

Certainly, Cruz knows that Garbrandt has fight ending power but that’s not all that different from the fighter he took the bantamweight title from in the WEC back in 2010.

In fact, Cruz believes Garbrandt is really just a carbon copy of former WEC champion Brian Bowles, except for one thing — he may not be quite as good.

“What’s the difference between Cody Garbrandt and the man who I took my WEC title from in 2010, Brian Bowles? What’s the difference in style between those two gentlemen? Not much. I’ll help you out. There’s not much of a difference,” Cruz said. “The only difference is Bowles might have a little bit better guillotine (choke) than Garbrandt.

“I know everything about this guy’s game. I can dissect every single movement he does and why he does it and I understand it. He cannot do that with me. Again, that makes this a very tough style for him and he knows that. So the biggest thing he can do is scream and yell and look as scary and tough as he thinks he can for his fans so they can get behind him and he can get more attention put on him. Because Cody ‘No Love’ is nothing more than an attention whore.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/dominick-cruz-cody-garbrandt-nothing-attention-whore-122316

2. MachidaNo1Fan

MachidaNo1Fan Red Belt

3. Lorenzo F.

Lorenzo F. Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Garbrandt is a hype job with overrated boxing skills

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  4. Project 86

Project 86 Silver Belt

i dont think people realize how bad cody is gonna get clowned

5. MMA Nut

MMA Nut Blue Belt

Cody is only making his 15 minutes of fame count ..... he knows as well as any decent mma pundit he's going to get played like a fool.

6. ICEibuPROfen

ICEibuPROfen Banned Banned

I'M BIGGER AND BOLDER AND ROUGHER AND TOUGHER IN OTHER WORDS SUCKER THERE IS NO OTHER

I'M THE ONE AND ONLY DOMINATOR

[​IMG]

DOMINATOR
    DOMINATOR
    DOMINATOR
    DOMINATOR
    DOMINATOR
    DOMINATOR

7. LaneTM

LaneTM Green Belt

50-44 Cruz

Toad Frogan likes this.
  8. HaikenEdge

HaikenEdge Rationality will win the day.

9. Egészségére!

Egészségére! Brown Belt

Cruz is right. Aggression and brutality only get you so far in MMA. If not Tank Abbott would be the GOAT.

10. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Gold Belt

Cruz comparing him to Brian Bowles-Cut?

Not seeing it.

I am actually picking Cody for the upset on this one.

I actually thought Cruz got lucky in the TJ decision. People were so busy gushing over Cruz avoiding most of TJ's offense that they forgot that Cruz didn't mount effective offense himself. What little TJ landed was more damaging than what little Cruz landed.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  11. Vergilius

Vergilius Brown Belt

Man, that was a dull read. I thought he was supposed to be the GOAT trashtalker and everything.

12. TerraRayzing

TerraRayzing Little eagle soars again

Anything can happen in MMA but I'm thinking Cruz will toy with Cody in the later rounds. You can't carry KO power to all five rounds.

13. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'm interested to see codys wrestling in this fight. Dom has sick wrestling but I remember a clip where faber says Cody ragdolls tj in training (before tj left tam, I don't think he knew he was being recorded)

~DaViD~

14. AJ Garcia

AJ Garcia Level 10 Keyboard warrior Professional Fighter

I can't wait to see Cody get more and more frustrated as he hits nothing but air. Team alpha male needs to just stop trying to fight Cruz. Cruz wasn't joking when he said he was able to buy a house from all of his wins over that gym.

Nihongi and Leroy Brizzzown like this.
  15. TrueMykill

TrueMykill Guest

USADA Rock.

16. Flex Plexico

Flex Plexico customized Gucci accessories

remember how quick Bowles fell off?

Grispi/Soko/Cantwell/Torres-esque decline, Joe

dat mef will age you real quick- here's a recent shot of Brian↓
    [​IMG]

17. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt Yellow Card

Check my AV

Dom gets knocked out soon

18. $uicideboy$

$uicideboy$ ROPE GANG Banned

if youre a ufc fighter and youre not an attention whore gl getting off dat 20/20

19. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Gold Belt

Reminds me of this GIF a little.

TJ lands behind the ear and stumbles Cruz a little but he keeps his balance and throws a punch. The judges probably didn't even notice.

TJ did more damage (overall in the fight) even though Cruz avoided most of his strikes....Cruz didn't land much that was effective

20. 7th

7th Silver Belt

He said a bunch of nothing there. Cody found him because he's not hard to find? ok????

Cody talked trash to get a title fight? yeah that's how it's done sometimes.

leto1776 likes this.