Dominick Cruz bashes USADA for IV ban

oh sherdoggers. forgot they know whats best for the fighters

Ask any non fan if they think they will see the stupidity of two guys roughly the same size spending several days losing weight and risking their health just so they weigh roughly the same on fight day.

You are wrong. Plain and fucking simple.

everyone bagging out dom about cutting large amounts of weight because he is scared of 145, please post a picture of Conor McGregor, or Jose Aldo at weighins, the whole division besides Edgar are cutting big

I like Cruz as well, but weight cutting is idiotic. Plenty of reasons has been given why in this thread.

It should be a relatively easy fix. Let them weigh in the day before, just as they do now. Then, weigh them again before they step into the cage, if they are 10lbs or more over, they don't get to fight. As a MINIMUM, they should weigh them before going into the cage anyway and display their real weight come fight time. That might sting enough to at least create a discussion.

I agree about posting the real weight. The fighters and promoters can't have it both ways forever. Either the current method of gaming the system with dehydration to achieve a weight advantage come fight time is a valid and worthy tactic toward success and the actual fight weight displayed or it's just a cheap method of gaming the system and should be banned.

I'll say it again. If weight is so important then the correct weight should be displayed for all to see. If it's not really a factor, or the posting of their real fight night weight would be an embarrassment, then it should be stopped.

Ask any non fan if they think they will see the stupidity of two guys roughly the same size spending several days losing weight and risking their health just so they weigh roughly the same on fight day.

You are wrong. Plain and fucking simple.
yeah youre right dominick cruz is right. only a handful of guys have suffered problems from weightcutting and its mainly the inexperienced. keep the cut, ill take dominicks opinion over yours

What happen to those people here defending fighters like Rumble that cut 50-70 to fight smaller fighters lol

as stated before it takes up to 72 hours or something for the liquid around the brain to fully hydrate after a cut, the difference can be life changing.

Because there's no such thing as "walking around weight". The weight these guys walk around out varies so much from fighter to fighter it's a meaningless term.

And everyone wouldn't be doing the same, or rather, everybody would be doing whatever was necessary to fight the smallest guys they could. Come up with a system, people are going to game it.

I think generally most fit people stay within about 10 lbs if they keep their training consistent. Find out where everyone stands at healthy hydration levels and hold them to it. I don't think it's as complicated as some are making it out to be.

I think generally most fit people stay within about 10 lbs if they keep their training consistent. Find out where everyone stands at healthy hydration levels and hold them to it. I don't think it's as complicated as some are making it out to be.

Personally, I think it's pretty complicated.

How often are you establishing their "fit weight"? Rumble fought at WW and is now an elite LHW.

They're competitors and are going to do everything within the system to gain an advantage.

Cruz blew his ACL by the end of this interview
giphy.gif

Personally, I think it's pretty complicated.

How often are you establishing their "fit weight"? Rumble fought at WW and is now an elite LHW.

They're competitors and are going to do everything within the system to gain an advantage.

Well clearly Rumble would be under the legal hydration limit when he was cutting to welterweight. I'd say let fighters fight at any class provided they have proved they can reach the weight within a predetermined hydration range. On fight day both weight and hydration levels are checked. Violators should face stiff pay cuts.

Is anyone surprised a huge weight cutter would have this position?

Being a competitor doesn't mean finding any way you can to "game" the system. Being a competitor means believing your skills are better than their's and giving everything you have in the fight.

I usually find nothing in your posts to outright disagree with Loiosh, but in this I most certainly do. Nothing even remotely honorable about trying to squeeze yourself out like a sponge just so you can fight guys smaller than you a division or two lower. Doing so doesn't prove to me you're the best.

It's a pretty ridiculous concept to have two fighters that will both weigh 190 pounds on the night of the fight drain themselves to 170 pounds the day before.
All it does is hurt the fighters cardio, overall speed, and reflexes.

yeah youre right dominick cruz is right. only a handful of guys have suffered problems from weightcutting and its mainly the inexperienced. keep the cut, ill take dominicks opinion over yours

So after reading this thread you have the opinion i am the only one who disagrees with (vested interest in status quo) Cruz.

Conversation is over.

Also blames fighters who don't know how to cut weight and passing out for USADA trying to stop weight cutting.

Interviewer should have asked him about the California dehydration ban.

Shut up cruz you silly Manlet with small man syndrome

Back