Dominick Cruz - 4 Fights in 9 Years

And he is 'only' 34 ... Same age as Dillashaw. That's crazy.
Goes to show that peoples obsession with age is over-rated. Wear and tear and mileage are much more important than how old someone is.

Look at Sergio Pettis, he's only 26 and his body is breaking down because he's been training fulltime since 16. There was a fighter in my local area that kinda did the same thing, Ryan Benoit. He started taking fights at 17 and now he's 30 years old with the body/surgeries of a 40 year old.

Dom is the best inactive fighter ever.

I wouldnt mind Cruz vs Sandhagen. Sandhagen seems to move like Cruz

He used to be champion thats how he got the commentor spot in the first place

giphy.gif

He has a good fight IQ. But I am not sure the way he beats people is sustainable. I am sure he will clamor for an immediate TS. But there is absolutely no justification for that with him coming off a decisive loss and more than a 3 year absence.

I don't see him beating Cejudo, Moraes, Sterling, or Yan. Probably not even Sandhagen.

And still managed to win a belt in between. The true BW GOAT
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F505446342%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Also would be interesting but Garbrandt beat Cruz pretty clearly and I don’t see that changing(granted garbrandt’s chin has fallen off)

You don't think someone like dom would do much better in a rematch? History says otherwise, and he was only one round away from winning the first fight.

How old is he?

I’d rather see him fight than listen to him commentate

Cruz in his prime / Strikeforce was world class. No question.

Unfortunately he’s way too injury prone to main event and is slowing down with age / spending most of his time doing media work.

The way Garbrandt manhandled him in their fight just displayed to me he’s not going to be a title contender again. He would be a good gatekeeper for awhile to test up and comers maybe if he can avoid injuries.

Cruz in his prime / Strikeforce was world class. No question.

Unfortunately he’s way too injury prone to main event and is slowing down with age / spending most of his time doing media work.

The way Garbrandt manhandled him in their fight just displayed to me he’s not going to be a title contender again. He would be a good gatekeeper for awhile to test up and comers maybe if he can avoid injuries.

He fought in WEC, not strikeforce

My absolute most hated fighter. Dances around like a crackhead while throwing pitter patter punches and talks like hes some sort of goat. Doesn't even try to finish. Can't stand his commentary either.
I know what you mean.

“bro I’m so smart I can’t trade with you or take you down. Fear my mind! Cody, you are not even smart enough to make the miscalculations that I do.”

- Cruz during CoGar fight

Lots of hate for Cruz in this thread what a shame. He's obviously had bad luck, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull off another successful title run. Guess I'm the only on though.

Back