Dominick Cruz - 4 Fights in 9 Years

Paul Rudd

Corona Virus InFeCtEd
@Blue
Reaction score
After defending his title against MM in 2011, Cruz didn't fight again until 2014. He fought 3 times in 2016 and hasn't fought since Neck Tatts embarrassed him over 3 years ago.

Safe to say he never fights again? Cruz and Cain are the 2 fighters I think of most when it comes to what could have been if it wasn't for injuries. Shogun as well since his prime ended because of injuries but at least he continued on.

Cruz recently said he's coming back this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Until he gets injured in training like he always does. I don't think his body can physically hold up to the high level training he does.

If he gets a fight I won't believe he makes it until he actually gets in the cage.

I understand Cruz has that competitive will in him, but man it might be a terrible idea.

His style is heavily reliant on agility and reflexes, those go with age - he will not last in there without them.

And he is 'only' 34 ... Same age as Dillashaw. That's crazy.

My absolute most hated fighter. Dances around like a crackhead while throwing pitter patter punches and talks like hes some sort of goat. Doesn't even try to finish. Can't stand his commentary either.

Rather see him rematch Cody or fight Aldo if Aldo loses to Cejudo
Also would be interesting but Garbrandt beat Cruz pretty clearly and I don’t see that changing(granted garbrandt’s chin has fallen off)

P4P most overrated fighter ever imo. His commentary has gotten better though.

Also would be interesting but Garbrandt beat Cruz pretty clearly and I don’t see that changing(granted garbrandt’s chin has fallen off)

Pretty sure he won 3 rounds to 2. Dom has been inactive for 3 years while Cody has been been getting knocked out by everyone he fights. It would make a compelling rematch.

Meh. Never liked him or his dancing, so he can stay gone.

Dan hardy, Lesnar, Ronda, n Bisping will fight again before dom does

Back