Dominance vs. Unpredictability

What do you prefer?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
What do you prefer?

A dominant champion, a star they can build for being so dominant (Silva, Bones, GSP, DJ, Aldo, etc.) or the belts changing hands all of the time, showing the amazing unpredictability of MMA with those 4 oz gloves and plenty of tools to use to end a fight?

I was debating this question with someone last night, and it then came to me again as Ariel was talking about it on his show.

Although, I love a dominant champ from time to time, I prefer the unpredictability of MMA, this is what makes the sport so much more exciting than others for me, you just don't what's going to happen.

Honestly don't care mate. And im not saying that this is a shit question or anything, I simply wouldn't have posted if that was my take. I just don't care.​

I like how unpredictable things are right now, but wouldn't want 100% of either. There always needs to be at least one stable champion, right now we still have DJ.

I'd prefer the belt to pass around IF they respected the division rankings, which they don't. I had more fun when GSP, aldo, jones, silva were champions...

Unpredictability. It's fun to watch the title switch hands and find a gif of Dana's pouty face the day after.

Dominance by fucking far. The title changing hands a lot is alright, but I much prefer tuning in to watch someone like prime Anderson, Fedor, Jones ETC. You always knew you were in for something special.

Unless it's Ronda Rousey

Dominance by fucking far. The title changing hands a lot is alright, but I much prefer tuning in to watch someone like prime Anderson, Fedor, Jones ETC. You always knew you were in for something special.

Unless it's Ronda Rousey

It's like you know I'm eventually gonna read this shit

Dominance simply because if they're dominant enough we might get a super-fight. Would have loved Cruz/Aldo or GSP/Silva

Dominance is great, until the list of contenders gets whittled down to where the champ is fighting someone he shouldn't just to get a fight that isn't a rematch. The possibility of a super fight is great, but it so rarely happens that I can't bring myself to hope for them anymore.

Back