Dom Cruz's post fight interview

yes rogan immediately tried to shut the interview down. he wasnt going to allow dom to call out molenkamp for a charity fight

cruz surprised me. he got ballz to attack a ufc sponsor like that on live ppv

He's basically a middle man between the UFC and Monster and has some pull in who gets sponsored by Monster from what I see. Sounds like he's making the sponsored fighters make vids with him on Instagram and stuff like that. Also sounds like Cruz got dropped by Monster.

Respect to Cruz for all he's done but it's goofy to call out a sponsor rep in a post fight interview. Was also cringey after the Cejudo fight with all the bs saying the ref was drunk.

He's basically a middle man between the UFC and Monster and has some pull in who gets sponsored by Monster from what I see. Sounds like he's making the sponsored fighters make vids with him on Instagram and stuff like that. Also sounds like Cruz got dropped by Monster.

Respect to Cruz for all he's done but it's goofy to call out a sponsor rep in a post fight interview. Was also cringey after the Cejudo fight with all the bs saying the ref was drunk.
Dom still had the logo on his shorts and was drinking from monster water bottles and everything in the post fight interview. Do you mean he got dropped today?

Dom still had the logo on his shorts and was drinking from monster water bottles and everything in the post fight interview. Do you mean he got dropped today?
No i'm just guessing. I think they make everyone drink out of those Monster bottles. I missed it but my buddy said something about Dom's coach was making him take that Monster bottle.

No i'm just guessing. I think they make everyone drink out of those Monster bottles. I missed it but my buddy said something about Dom's coach was making him take that Monster bottle.
Interesting. He did still have the shorts patch though, so I'm guessing he's still with them. He also stressed his sponsorship is with Monster, not Hans, so I think he just wants this guy out of the equation because of how much he's abusing his role.

Hans Molenkamp works for Monster and decides who gets the Monster sponsorship in the UFC. Dom claims he uses this power to leverage fighters into hanging out with him, filming content with him, featuring him on their social media, and acting like his friends. Hence the "holding them hostage" statement.

Part of the problem here is that Monster is the only sponsor allowed outside of Reebok. The fighters are hostage to that fact too.
UFC Fighters can have as many sponsors as they want. They are only required to wear Reebok or Monster during fight week.

anyway hans is just a guy i see appearing with mma fighters on his instagram. I didnt even know he was the guy running Monster energy. Anyway apparently he keeps on texting Dom to give likes to his page or comments or whatever. He says to Dom if he doesnt,he will take his sponsorship money away. I guess the way it was done was disrepectful to Dom and so thats how it started I guess.

Cruz always said Monster was the only sponsor to stick with him when he was out due to injuries. He always seemed chummy with the guy but I guess Hans pissed him off.

yes rogan immediately tried to shut the interview down. he wasnt going to allow dom to call out molenkamp for a charity fight

cruz surprised me. he got ballz to attack a ufc sponsor like that on live ppv

Dana has called out the same guy on twitter for his bullshit.

I'm sure he's not super thrilled with Dom bringing it up in an interview, but the guy apparently uses his influence on MMA sponsorship deals to force fighters to, in Dana's own words "pretend to spar with them." He's basically using his job title with Monster to further his personal brand.

I can see why this irritates Dom, and Cub Swanson later agreed with him on the point.

Dom is a living legend and deserves respect for not giving a f*ck and not holding back
This. I like how Dom unapologetically says what he thinks and speaks his mind on these matters. Some slimeball is treating fighters like shit and Dom picked the best time to call him out on that. That being said I really have no idea what is going on but see fighters and other people in the sport supporting him on his stance.

Reactions: HHJ
Dana has called out the same guy on twitter for his bullshit.

I'm sure he's not super thrilled with Dom bringing it up in an interview, but the guy apparently uses his influence on MMA sponsorship deals to force fighters to, in Dana's own words "pretend to spar with them." He's basically using his job title with Monster to further his personal brand.

I can see why this irritates Dom, and Cub Swanson later agreed with him on the point.
yes but rogan wasnt having it. gave me the impression that even though dana does notlike how molenkamp acts, that theu want this drama on the air live on a ppv.

i bet there are alot of things that dana/the ufc agree with, but not on that platform. using a pvp to attack a sponsor or something like it. maybe cruz knows he can do it, but it's still risky. ufc can love you 1 day and kick you to the curb the next

take a look through her inata
tenor.gif

Posted this in another thread:

So, for anyone who is clueless about what the hell is going on (which I was until about 5' ago):

- Monster Energy is a UFC sponsor and separately gives individual fighters sponsorship deals.
- This dude, Hans Molenkamp, is in charge of deciding who gets the individual deals.
- He's like 50 and a BJJ black belt under Dean Lister.
- He tries to be buddy buddy with the fighters and tries to get them to let him train with them and comment on his IG, utilizes his Monster Energy influence to do so.
- A lot of fighters seem to genuinely be friends with him/like him.
- Cruz is accusing him of determining the sponsorships purely based on whether they suck up to him, and using Monster Energy sponsorship money to buy friendships and relationships.
- Apparently Cruz says that he will refuse a sponsorship unless you become his friend and give him access to your gym/comment on his IG, pretend to be his friend, etc.

Without knowing anything, I can't see why Cruz would lie, and the guy might be something of a douche. It's pretty common in the corporate world to give advantages to anyone who sucks up to you, and not necessarily to whoever is "most qualified". Good on Cruz for calling him out if so, but I don't really know the inner workings, so it could also be Cruz being salty for some reason. Wouldn't be surprised if some fighters are ok with pretending to be his friends for money. Kind of like an MMA sugar daddy.

Last edited:

I look forward to Company Man Rogan having Molenkamp on his podcast and gargling his balls.

Back