Dom Cruz is the most Charismatic person in the UFC

Here's Cruz explaining that he'll never be as big as McGregor because he doesn't have a "viral personality", which is essentially his way of talking about charisma. It's the ability to get everyone to pay attention to you and to talk about you while hardly trying, and ultimately the ability to get people to follow you and to obsess over you. It's an almost indefinable nebulous quality that some people have. Hitler had it, Trump has it, movie stars have it, McGregor has it. Dominick Cruz does not have it. Not even close.

Which implies that he's not charismatic. What charisma is is the ability to move people on an emotional level with implied and expressed communication skills.
IMG_0144.PNG

Doesn't have much to do with famous, more to do with impact on the people you are in communiation with.

Here's Cruz explaining that he'll never be as big as McGregor because he doesn't have a "viral personality", which is essentially his way of talking about charisma. It's the ability to get everyone to pay attention to you and to talk about you while hardly trying, and ultimately the ability to get people to follow you and to obsess over you. It's an almost indefinable nebulous quality that some people have. Hitler had it, Trump has it, movie stars have it, McGregor has it. Dominick Cruz does not have it. Not even close.

Yep. It's being authoritative with little to no effort. It's an overwhelming aura just by merely being present.

Charisma sells fights, which means numbers do matter. So it doesn't help your argument that Cruz can't draw flies to shit. Conor and Ronda are in a completely different stratosphere than Cruz.

I get it, It's obvious you want to blow him but you're letting your personal feelings cloud your judgement on this one.

View attachment 183249

Doesn't have much to do with famous, more to do with impact on the people you are in communiation with.
Generally it doesn't have much to do with being famous. You probably meet obscure but charismatic people every day. But if you're on TV a lot and are in a very public position with the UFC, and can't turn that into lots of fans or a certain level of fame, especially with all of the gifts he has, then that suggests a lack of charisma.

Yep, he could be bigger than Connor

Watching him in interviews, I strongly admire his speaking style, intelligence and how he can get inside the mind of his opponents.

I think he is close to being a GOAT
As big as Conor? Nah.

But I do believe he does have the best trash-talk in MMA. Hes less shtick and really understands how to get people mad.

Super intelligent guy and incredible fighter.

No. I like Dom but he's behind Conor and Chael. Conor is number one easily, Quick witted, funny etc.

He must be, since he has a huge fanbase! The guy is the biggest draw in the UFC at the moment. People just love him.

Dom is one of the least charismatic people in the world. He speaks like a snot nosed 14 year old and he over explains everything like he's proud of what he thought of. Most people find him unlikable.

If by charismatic you actually mean ...

His ego needs to be checked. He shit talks way too much. And is insufferably disrespectful.

Then, yup...

Most charismatic fucker in the UFC.

Yes. However, if you're not famous, that would definitely imply that you lack the ability to move people which is an effect of charisma.
Not really, being famous isn't always a result of someone with charisma. Anyway, lame argument. Moving on.

Watching him in interviews, I strongly admire his speaking style, intelligence and how he can get inside the mind of his opponents.

I GET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, but you are overestimating the mouthbreathers out there that are sill coming up with a come back from back on the playground in 1st grade. They like their charisma on the "dumb" side, the Cruz "smart" charisma will not get you that sweet "average dumbass" PPV money.

Generally it doesn't have much to do with being famous. You probably meet obscure but charismatic people every day. But if you're on TV a lot and are in a very public position with the UFC, and can't turn that into lots of fans or a certain level of fame, especially with all of the gifts he has, then that suggests a lack of charisma.
Or a fight style that doesn't excite that masses to hear what you have to say.

I agree but i like his personality and smartass remarks. Use to hate Cruz and his fight style back in WEC but ive become interested in it seeing how long he can keep it up against new opponents.

I like his personality too. Not shitting on him but just saying the big charisma mainstream personality isn't him.

He's a great fighter, but there are few things more cringeworthy than listening to him drone on about who has the better tie or attacking the girlfriends of his opponents. He may be smarter than his opponents, but he isn't exactly university professor material himself.

Admiration doesn't equal charisma.

Back