Dollaway v Sarafian - Co-main - Really???

MrKilroyT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I cannot believe the UFC has made this fight a co-main event even on an FX card. Dollaway is almost always boring and Sarafian is coming off a TUF show in which he wasn't the winner (granted he was impressive on the show and only exited due to an injury).

It wouldn't even be a good co-main on a FUEL card. Hell, I'd rather see Nik Lentz vs. Diego Nunes on the main card over this fight.

Its a Brazil card and Sarafian is the reason, he should have been in the finals if he wasnt hurt, this is meant for the Brazilian audience.

Decision Diego Nunes? No way. Granted Dolloways last few fights have been poor but its a FREE card with a sick main event and I bet Sarafian gets the finish.

Its a Brazil card and Sarafian is the reason, he should have been in the finals if he wasnt hurt, this is meant for the Brazilian audience.

Good point, but even then I'd say it should be first or second fight on the main card. Rothwell v Gonzaga is a more deserving co-main.

Decision Diego Nunes? No way. Granted Dolloways last few fights have been poor but its a FREE card with a sick main event and I bet Sarafian gets the finish.

I really hope you're right and Sarafian finishes him. Otherwise it'll probably be a snoozer. But at least if Nunes gets a decision it won't be by dry-humping someone for 15 minutes like Dollaway.

It's not just meant for a Brazillian audience, UFC would hate it if no other country but Brazil watched it. I agree that the main person for it to be the co-main is Sarafian but I dont think this is warranted.

Name some FX shows or Spike Fight Nights with bigger main events than this one.

If this were in the US, Gonzaga/Rothwell would be higher on the card. It's for the Brazil crowd.

who cares...free fights...awesome main event...

If this were in the US, Gonzaga/Rothwell would be higher on the card. It's for the Brazil crowd.

Did I mention the main event?... No. The main event is awesome.
The co-main event is weak... period. Even for a free card.

Shocking that the UFC couldn't find anyone but "Fartface" for a co-main event.

Well granite Bisping vs Vitor is great but the point is the other fight being considered a co-main, I went to the UFC webpage and I dont see where Dollaway vs Sarafian is a comain event its just the second fight listed so this thread might be all for not.

So what if it is a brazilian card?

I am not going to this card, in my hometown by the way, first because the card sucks, second because the card sucks and the cheapest place is going for $200 and third because the cards sucks so much that i wont even care to watch the replay.

In order for TUF to seem like a big deal, you have to put these guys in positions to succeed. Furthermore the card is in Brazil where the TUF guys are pretty revered this days. It's a safe local co-main and the main event is such a big deal that people are going to tune in regardless.

cb dolloway needs to be on fb fights at most..

How about a smooth transition?

7.gif

Or a perfect flying knee?

tuf-brazil-episode-11.jpg

CB is being paid to be part of a highlight heel

I'm going to be honest. The only "boring" CB Dollaway fight I witnessed was his last fight. I didn't really think it was that "boring" either. I've seen far worse. At least he was working positions, but I was confused why he never really committed to finish as Miller was a dead fish under him.

Well granite Bisping vs Vitor is great but the point is the other fight being considered a co-main, I went to the UFC webpage and I dont see where Dollaway vs Sarafian is a comain event its just the second fight listed so this thread might be all for not.

Here is an MMAjunkie article that says Dollaway v Sarafian is co-main. And everywhere I have seen the fight line-up, it's listed right after the main event.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/...th-vitor-belfort-vs-michael-bisping-headliner

How about a smooth transition?

7.gif

Or a perfect flying knee?

tuf-brazil-episode-11.jpg

CB is being paid to be part of a highlight heel

Let's hope you're correct. Sarafian certainly has the potential to smash Dollaway.

Back