Dollamur 10x10 Wrestling Mat Review

Abiwankinobi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just thought I'd spend my time at work reviewing some home mats I bought recently. I am not doing this during my lunch break. In fact, I do nothing during my lunch break except, well, have lunch. I am doing this on company time when I should be working on a project right now.

On to the review!

I bought a 10 x 10 Dollamur Flexi-Roll Wrestling Mat from their Ebay store. I have 3 kinds of mats: 10x10 Puzzle Mats Tatami Surface (from which brand I really don't know since I bought them used), a 5x10 Zebra Roll-Out Mat Tatami Surface, and the aforementioned Dollamur 10x10 mat.

Normally, these mats cost about 450, or 225 per 5x10 piece. Dollamur was running a special on their ebay store for 280 for a 10x10 wrestling mat. The wrestling mats have a smooth surface, and are about 1.25 inches thick.

Oh yeah, shipping was also free. 280+ free shipping for a Dollamur roll out mat.

First Impressions

Dollamur packed this item in two separate boxes, and even included mat tape and velcro to hold the mats if you want to keep them rolled up. Shipping was right on time. The mats did have a strong vinyl odor which was pretty strong. After using some mat cleaner, it has dissipated somewhat. It tends to linger on our gis after we train. This isn't really even criticism, but more of an observation.

Quality

The mats seemed to have been cut out of larger ones, as the 5' ends were somewhat uneven. This is really no big deal. Other than this "issue" the mats seem really durable, and we've been using them for about a month straight with no issues. We roll them up every time we're done and bring them out whenever we're training.

Having said that, I will say that the overall quality is not quite as good as the Zebra Mat. The cut of the Zebra mat looks like it was cut with a laser, and the padding just felt "thicker" despite boasting the same 1.25" depth. Nevertheless, the quality of the Dollamur set is more than good enough.

Performance

Rolling/grappling and drilling on the mat is great! We always start with a light warmup, including BJJ shrimps and such. The mat holds up just fine, and it doesn't seem like it will wear down quickly. In fact, I'm willing to go on the record and say that this mat will last at least 5 years even with frequent usage. We use this for exercising and BJJ training with both gi and no-gi. The footing on the mat is superb, despite not having a tatami texture. I honestly don't know which I prefer. It really doesn't make a difference for our purposes. Maybe there's another thread buried in Sherdog on this, but for now I can say that, having both kinds, I don't see a big difference for BJJ.

Conclusion

To get it at such a deep discount was pretty great. I would definitely buy this mat again, maybe to expand the training area in the basement. The quality is pretty good, and Dollamur seems to really care about their customers as they answered all of my inquiries in a timely fashion. I definitely recommend this mat.

Back