DOJ has indicted two companies who provide gateways for robocalls.

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally, the Department of Justice is going after two companies responsible for allowing access to the US phone system for companies from India who make millions of robocalls and perpetrate fradulent scams that collect millions of dollars. These two companies accounted for 720 million calls in 23 days.

The indictment shows that the phone companies have long been aware of these companies but made no attempts to stop them until Congress threatened action against the phone companies.

SohNwut.png

Kill the fuckers responsible. I absolutely hate that shit more than anything.

death penalty should be on the table here

Everyone involved should be drawn and quartered. Defendants, plaintiffs, victims, everyone.

Well I don’t have a Student Loan in need of refinance
My Car Warranty didn’t expire because I don’t have one
And I’m not looking to sell my home

So about time they prosecuted some avenue of this spoofing Bullshit

It’s about time. I’m available if they need people for the firing squad...

Free market would have handled this. Government intervention is overreach IMO.

To his credit, these companies wouldn't keep doing this shit if people weren't stupid enough to fall for these scams.

Social darwinism. These people are bringing us all down
It's incredible. I saw this chick on Dr Phil who sent like 300k to a Nigerian "prince". Like wtf that's the most obvious one!

It’s about time. I’m available if they need people for the firing squad...

I wouldn't want to be in the firing squad. I'd rather peel off their skin an inch at a time.

Throw robocallers into the brazen bull. We have one of those in the White House basement, right?

I heard that most sex offenders were themselves abused as children. The principle is prob the same here where most of these scammers got these same phonecalls earlier in their lives

lol

Probably started out young with prank calls and worked their way up..

I got an app for my phone to screen calls, after ... something... I think a couple of internet searches about back pain.
Non stop calls trying to sell me medical supplies.

This is from all over the country.
But in the past two months many more of the calls have been from my area code.

Back