International Dogs that saved American lives now tortured, dying in Jordan

In Malaysia in the '80s it was largely a non-issue aside from some particular fundies (That's despite the majority of Malaysians following the Shafi madhab which holds them "unclean". Dogs being "unclean" or scaring off angels is only emphasised by some madhabs though. Maliki holds that they are clean and Hanafi doesn't really comment).
Unfortunately it's become a counterpoint of western and Islamic cultural identity, so now in a globalised and developed nation it's a lightning rod issue of identity politics.
With the usual ridiculous bullshit that engenders, like pandering politicians proclaiming they should rename "hot dogs".

Last edited:
You're telling me that these beautiful, intelligent, trained and capable creatures God gave us would not be more than welcome in the home of a Veteran, or put to work for local Police?

Can we still try to adopt them? Perfect Birthday/Holiday gift.

Prayers for these dogs. Karma exists.

My number one criteria as to whether a country is civilized is how they treat animals. Especially domesticated animals such as dogs.

Jordan is a shithole.

Hanging or old sparky? The ball is in your hands.

I'm gonna say firing squad, five riflemen, four have live ammo, one has a convincing blank cartridge. They can be comfortable thinking one of the rifles was unloaded and maybe it was theirs. So says my decree.

I'm gonna say firing squad, five riflemen, four have live ammo, one has a convincing blank cartridge. They can be comfortable thinking one of the rifles was unloaded and maybe it was theirs. So says my decree.
As long as it’s 12 gauge.

I dont understand why they wouldnt bring them home. We took good care of the dogs that helped us and if I remember correctly they were considered soldiers. Rank and everything so how could they be left behind???

I dont understand why they wouldnt bring them home. We took good care of the dogs that helped us and if I remember correctly they were considered soldiers. Rank and everything so how could they be left behind???

There's gotta be a way to bring them back now knowing how they're treated.

My family is from Pakistan and my grandfathers brother had a german sheppard as a kid and my cousin had a siberian husky (in America though).
<Fedor23>

Oh noes.......the exception that proves the rule !!!

<{hughesimpress}>

The religion doesn't teach anyone to treat dogs that way. Here are two hadiths related to animals

These Jordanians sound more like the second lady if you ask me. The main reason people hated dogs back then was because in large towns and cities it was common to find packs of stray dogs roaming around and they could spread disease like rabies or disease transmitted by ticks and fleas. But tamed dogs that served a purpose, like hunting dogs, have pretty much always been considered okay to have around. There is no religious justification for treating bomb sniffing dogs like that, in fact dogs are barely mentioned in the Qur'an and one of the few who is goes to Heaven.

I doubt their culture and norms around dogs are unrelated to this abuse but I also wonder if its also related to government corruption. The guys who are supposed to be looking after these dogs are probably doing as little as possible and just trying to run out the clock for an easy paycheck and the money not spent on food and medicine and housing for the dogs is probably going into someone's pocket I bet.
It's probably just a coincidence every Muslim country tracked has a humiliating animal protection record according to animal rights watchdogs:
https://api.worldanimalprotection.org/
  • 22 Indonesia D
  • 34 Nigeria E
  • 36 Turkey E
  • 39 Algeria F
  • 40 Egypt F
  • 41 Ethiopia F
  • 42 Morocco F
  • 43 Myanmar F
  • 44 Niger F
  • 45 Pakistan F
  • 48 Azerbaijan G
  • 50 Iran G
Muslims still treat animals like shit just like they treat people (particularly women) like shit, and for the same reason; because they neither understand nor cherish the value of life.

None of this would have happened if you’d armed the dogs

1V0qfMy_d.jpg

I love dogs like any normal American, but we all need to admit if we shaved their eyebrows off, and we didn't infer human emotion where there is little to none, we wouldn't view them any different than cows or pigs, minus being tasty. Of course maybe they are. Never ate a dog before.

So the chain of event is some Saudi's attacked America.

America then attacked another nation based on lies spread by Cheney and Rumsfeld resulting in 100,000's of deaths of humans.

Then America supported the same Saudi's as they commit genocide on the Yemeni because they buy our weapons, despite perhaps another 70,000 deaths.

And the Arabs are animals because they've mistreated our canines.

Sounds legit.

<LucyBless>

Only in the world of politics can otherwise functioning members of society come up with such crap.
Welcome to the War Room.

It's probably just a coincidence every Muslim country tracked has a humiliating animal protection record according to animal rights watchdogs:
https://api.worldanimalprotection.org/

Muslims still treat animals like shit just like they treat people (particularly women) like shit, and for the same reason; because they neither understand nor cherish the value of life.
Sure

There isn't a culture of animal welfare in Arab and Muslim countries. Muslims, religious ones atleast , see dogs as unclean. When I lived in the UAE, one never saw the locals or Muslims with dogs. Some of this is due to most people living in apartment buildings but the locals tended to live in villas with outdoor space.

The religions does proscribe cruelty to animals but Muslims pick and choose aspects of religion, and in any case, the religion also provides excuses and caveats allowing for what is perceived to be moral/fair commandments in the religion to be violated and justified with religion.

Islam has a favorable attitude towards cats though, still not comparable to how we view cats.

One American veterinarian, among five sent to Jordan by the State Department in 2016, unequivocally told the US government to shut this program down.

Instead, State sent 66 more dogs to Jordan

<JagsKiddingMe>

Disgusting

Back