International Dogs that saved American lives now tortured, dying in Jordan

It's no excuse and as @Kafir-kun said it's not endorsed by their religion and is probably due to corruption not dogma. Excuse the pun.

On a side note - the Stan's have a thriving dog culture. Not in a Fido loving way, but in a "dogmen" type of a way. Fascinating and disturbing in equal measure.
I don't quite understand the second paragraph specifically the dogmen part could you explain?

I didn't disagree with that, I'm just telling you what the religious texts themselves actually say. What the texts say and their intended implications and how Muslims actually act are two very different things. FWIW I think way too many Muslims overreact to dogs and make a mountain out of a molehill on the issue.

I actually am allergic to animal hair so I am careful to keep contact with dogs to a minimum but I am even more allergic to cats and I love their company so I won't avoid dogs completely either. I am only annoyed with overly friendly dogs that want to jump all over you and whose owners don't control them. As long as your dog respects my personal space I have no issues and may even give him some affection. What I really want to avoid is their fur on my clothes because it sticks and follows me around and triggers my allergies but I'll give both cats and dogs physical affection, I'm just careful to wash my hands as soon as possible afterwards.

But yeah I don't doubt you've met Muslims who(unnecessarily IMO) make a big deal about the dog thing.
People are allergic to animal dander, not the hair... Just thought you might want to know.

I don't quite understand the second paragraph specifically the dogmen part could you explain?
Allow me to, ah, quote myself. Wonder if I'll get a notification?

There's a thriving dog fighting culture in the rural Stan's. Most of their animals are utilitarian (livestock guardians) so it's kind of performance related. "Dogmen" has been a term used for people breeding fighting dogs in North America.

Bullshiit.

99% muslims wont even touch a dog. Even the western ones claim "allergies" when really its religion.
Im a liberal and fk Trump and i dont think muslims are bad but this is just straight BS.
My family is from Pakistan and my grandfathers brother had a german sheppard as a kid and my cousin had a siberian husky (in America though).
<Fedor23>

Sorry some how I glossed over that post. Thanks for the quote.
I think the Stan's have a different view of dogs from some other Muslim majority regions due to a more pressing need for flock guardian dogs. Bully Kuttas are from Pakistan and Kangals and Anatolian Shepherds seem to be pretty popular in Afghanistan. For example, other than the Saluki I can't think of any breeds from the Arabian Peninsula.

Then again I might be talking out my butt as I've never been to any place I mentioned, but that's what I gather from random rabbit holes I've wandered on the internet.

I think the Stan's have a different view of dogs from some other Muslim majority regions due to a more pressing need for flock guardian dogs. Bully Kuttas are from Pakistan and Kangals and Anatolian Shepherds seem to be pretty popular in Afghanistan. For example, other than the Saluki I can't think of any breeds from the Arabian Peninsula.

Then again I might be talking out my butt as I've never been to any place I mentioned, but that's what I gather from random rabbit holes I've wandered on the internet.
Pakis worship the Kangal Dog

8171264111420193663.jpg

am24LDX_700bwp.webp

Scary motherfuckers

People are allergic to animal dander, not the hair... Just thought you might want to know.
Yes I have heard that but I mean either way if the animal is close enough for their hairs to rub off me I'm probably getting some dander too. I figure wherever their hair is there is likely dander to go with it and so far that has helped me manage my allergies well enough.

Gtfo with this. You better have a weapon permit to own those.
Can you imagine walking these beasts? The guy fell on his face trying to control him. The dog was walking the owner instead

So the chain of event is some Saudi's attacked America.

America then attacked another nation based on lies spread by Cheney and Rumsfeld resulting in 100,000's of deaths of humans.

Then America supported the same Saudi's as they commit genocide on the Yemeni because they buy our weapons, despite perhaps another 70,000 deaths.

And the Arabs are animals because they've mistreated our canines.

Sounds legit.

<LucyBless>

Only in the world of politics can otherwise functioning members of society come up with such crap.

The hell did they think was going to happen when they send dogs to help in that shithole?

Can you imagine walking these beasts? The guy fell on his face trying to control him. The dog was walking the owner instead

No there is no fun getting dragged back home. Those dogs must cost a 1000$ to feed a month and the turds...

Btw making animals fight is apparently haram. So dog fighting in theory should be a no-no but as I alluded to earlier, theory and practice are not the same
The hell did they think was going to happen when they send dogs to help in that shithole?
I don't think its fair to call Jordan a shithole, its HDI actually puts it among the high development countries(though to be fair HDI is not a perfect metric).

It may not be in the religion but it's definitely cultural.

You won't find a dog in a Muslim house

Btw making animals fight is apparently haram. So dog fighting in theory should be a no-no but as I alluded to earlier, theory and practice are not the same
I didn't know that. Cool. As with Christianity different areas can practice the same faith quite differently due to cultural input. And while I'm not cool with dogfighting, I can understand how places where dogs still serve as primary protection against large predators would view animal combat differently than places where K9s are more family members.

That's a lot of "different" packed into one paragraph. o_O Sorry for the derail one and all.

Mohammad said a bunch of negative things about dogs: they're unclean, angels don't enter houses with dogs, he put a bunch of them to death, etc. Looking on Islamic websites, the consensus is it's allowed to own a dog as long as it's for a valid purpose e.g. hunting, guarding, farming, and it doesn't live indoors in the same living space as humans.
So it's effectively banned as a pet, you can't have it for fun and you're not supposed to keep it indoors. No surprise people are unfamiliar with them in the middle-east, and they'll continue being as long as they're religious.

Back