Social Dogs of Peace Maul, Kill Intruder, Lives Are Spared

Maybe I dunno. I think a big part of the problem is more the people that own pits. There are a lot of shitty dog owners that get pits for the image and don’t really care about owning a dog really. A lot of breeds are aggressive if raised by shitty owners.

Maybe a licensing program is in order. I’ve met some really great and friendly pits that I can’t imagine being bad dogs. I blame the humans on this one
licensing seems like a tall, hard to enforce, bureaucratic order, and for me, nothing needs to be done - this is just moral panic

But if we do have to draw up some legislation, I think making owners take out insurance would be the most sensible option but again, you're placing financial burden on millions because a few times a year someone gets mauled by them?

Pitbulls are misunderstood probably because, like the gun issue, the people pushing for legislation don't own them and don't interact with people that do own them. People are demanding solutions to issues they never face and never know about.

And make no mistake, I'm not your average pitbull apologist - I do consider them a dangerous dog breed due to their power and unwillingness to stop fighting when in action ("gameness") but they aren't unpredictable dogs that decide to snap for no reason.

Yeah, it's bad, don't do it.
But it's not something a person deserves to get mauled to death for.

I would not want a dog with aggression so high that it kills non-violent intruders.

Dead wrong. If you break into a persons home you should be or the people who own the home have every justification to kill you. Any other take is insanity.

Common sense should tell you that, unless you think this breed, which has been around for...quite a while, had a return rate spike in 2019 that had absolutely nothing to do with an ever evolving panic driven by social media, and was instead caused by these dogs having "incidents" totally unique to any behavior they have shown in the past.

I repeat, we're just not going to agree here. I understand your position just fine, but you're not going to convince me of your solution based on it. You think they're all uncontrollable killer dogs that should be exterminated from existence. I don't. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. That's the end of it.

Translation-- its only bussiness.

lol.

Low IQ breed, typically a testament to owner intelligence as well.

There are good pitbull owners, but they're about 1% of the group.

Shit breed, literally no use for it. Should be banned imo.

Dead wrong. If you break into a persons home you should be or the people who own the home have every justification to kill you. Any other take is insanity.
We can certainly agree on this sentiment. I too believe that anybody who violates the sanctity of somebody else's home uninvited and with unknown intentions is fair game for any outcome. It should be a guiding principle in teaching respect of others and property rights.

Have not watched the vid: What was the intruder doing?
Trespassing? "Normal" burglary?
Or violent home invasion with direct attacks on the owner/family?

If it's the last option I'm ok with keeping the dogs.

How are the dogs or owners supposed to know that at the time?

I still think that the breed should only be on farms or houses with large acreage, however. Way too many incidents of pitbulls mauling adults presenting them no threat and children in densely populated areas.

Last edited:
The pit bull panic, while not completely without merit, is a bit much at times. Some people are so hysterical about pit bulls, they've started to believe that they're as wild and dangerous as grizzly bears.
The problem is, an alpha owner is needed and it is not a beginner dog to own. It's not a lab and won't be a lab if you just "love it" enough.

The large demographic shift in pitbull owners in the last decade to SJWs came from the propaganda that they are some kind of gentle misunderstood nanny dog, and clouded over the inherent genetic tendency to fight and kill other animals this dog often possesses that cannot be trained out, only controlled. 90 pound SJW females can't resist the chance to show their tolerance and virtue signaland they are not alpha enough to control the dog.

You know you have a dumb dog owners when they talk about how cute it is for the dog to stare into their eyes because they are "loving" and lead them on walks because they are "curious and excited".

Even a simple jack should know staring in dog world is considered a sign of dominance and rude unless you are the pack leader and that leading you on walks means the dog thinks it is the boss and likely won't listen to commands if a situation becomes tense.

To the point of no redemption? are you high? have you ever met a pit bull before?

I've met probably hundreds of them and adopted them in a county in which it is illegal to have - yes, pit bulls are such a "problem" that no shelter or veterinary in the Miami area will give a shit if you bring a Pitbull - so long as you call them a "terrier mix" or "bulldog mix"

They're powerful dogs with a strong instinct to maul and never let go when they get to fighting. They are certainly a dangerous breed as any powerful animal is, but it isn't due to their temperament and they're certainly not beyond redemption.

Many of their owners certainly are beyond redemption and my introduction to the breed was via stupid family members who shouldn't have got one.
Never seen one in real life but know all about them from Sherdog. The game ones hunt elephants in their natural environment. You should tell us all about them Mr Groundhog expert.

When you break into my house, you forfeit that consideration.

Can't afford to consider it anyway. That situation may well be life-and-death and you've got to get the 1st shot in quickly. If it's that guy being dead or my wife or daughter being raped and murdered in front of me I'll take that guy being dead any day.

It's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Of course they shouldn't be put down for attacking an intruder. Now in 2 weeks when they attack and kill the neighbor's dogs and a couple toddlers, that's when they should be put down.

How are the dogs or owners supposed to know that at the time?

I still think that the breed should only be on farms or houses with large acreage, however. Way too many incidents of pitbulls mauling adults presenting them no threat and children in densely populated areas.
Well, before the intruder is actually attacking or directly threatening the homeowner, the dog has no way of knowing. Which is why it should not react with "deadly force" to an intrusion.

A good watch dog should alert the owner, scare the intruder off, maybe corner him (tho personally I'd rather not have my dog do that). It should NOT immediately attack with intent to kill.
Dogs that are comfortable with defending their territory with deadly force against people are way too dangerous. (And I'm not ok with it in remote areas either.)

I find it quite shocking how many people here apparently would not only accept the possibility, but seem to welcome it.

Well, before the intruder is actually attacking or directly threatening the homeowner, the dog has no way of knowing. Which is why it should not react with "deadly force" to an intrusion.

A good watch dog should alert the owner, scare the intruder off, maybe corner him (tho personally I'd rather not have my dog do that). It should NOT immediately attack with intent to kill.
Dogs that are comfortable with defending their territory with deadly force against people are way too dangerous. (And I'm not ok with it in remote areas either.)

I find it quite shocking how many people here apparently would not only accept the possibility, but seem to welcome it.

its because you are a pussy and a mark and naive as to how quickly one needs to act in these kinds of circumstances. a man, something you seem not to be able to relate to, needs to protect his family and the window of opportunity for that can be incredibly small.

If my dog killed a home invader, I would buy him one of those gold flaked Tomahawk steaks from Salt Bae. He deserves it, protecting my home and family.

its because you are a pussy and a mark and naive as to how quickly one needs to act in these kinds of circumstances. a man, something you seem not to be able to relate to, needs to protect his family and the window of opportunity for that can be incredibly small.
Oh great, ad hominems.
I'm not talking about how a man should react to a home invasion, I'm talking about dogs.

My Rottweiler laughs at you.

20210326-124046.jpg

20210509-214501.jpg
All you guys need is a saddle for him. :D

Don't police dogs taste human blood somewhat regularly?

My friend has a pit that I used to take care of when she'd go out of town. That pit is the sweetest girl, couple of times I had her for a week and she was never a problem. I would let her sleep on my bed and she'd try to sleep up by my head but I'd make her sleep at the bottom, didn't want that massive head next to my face but she was never a problem.

Oh great, ad hominems.
I'm not talking about how a man should react to a home invasion, I'm talking about dogs.

there is no difference as dogs are an extension and tool for fulfilling a mans responsibility to keep family safe.

Back